Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #91 of 4,373
Quote:
Well, Sennheiser Momentums sound good but... ugh, my ears feel the pain... :frowning2:

Really? I've got pretty big ears and I can have them on for hours with absolutely no issues. One of the most comfortable I've rated here.

An update on the new Studios, I definitely like them better than the Executives (and no horrible hiss that is really way too loud than it should be). I'll put them through my frequency sweep test later to see how they go from 30Hz up to 19kHz (about the limit of my hearing).

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #93 of 4,373
Hey MacedonianHero, love your impressions on the new Beats Studio.

How do the New Studios compare to the Bose QC15? Which do you prefer? And if you owned the QC15s, are the New Studios worth selling the QC15s?

Thanks!

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #94 of 4,373
Really? I've got pretty big ears and I can have them on for hours with absolutely no issues. One of the most comfortable I've rated here.

An update on the new Studios, I definitely like them better than the Executives (and no horrible hiss that is really way too loud than it should be). I'll put them through my frequency sweep test later to see how they go from 30Hz up to 19kHz (about the limit of my hearing).

I don't think I have big ears but somehow the size of the pads is affecting me after long playing hours... I also use glasses so that may be it.

Perhaps it's the clamping pressure, what shape is ur head?

Horse-head shaped?? Lol. Not round at all :)
Regarding clamping, I actually don't find them that bad.

MH, glad you are enjoying the Beats!!

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #95 of 4,373
Lol, u must be used to that Beyer/most open headphone comfort. All closed headphones are uncountable to me except my MDR 7506. Ive worn them enough i guess. Even my KEF m500 and 1r get uncomfortable.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #96 of 4,373
LOL!

I find MrSpeakers Mad Dogs as one of my most comfortable headphones alongside the Denon D5000s. Some headphones just fit "weird" to me but I learn to live with some. For example the Ultrasone Signature DJ (which I'm wearing right now) can get uncomfortable but not to the point that my ears hurt. I just re-adjust and keep on going. I guess I know that they are not a good fit for me when I have to re-adjust every 10 to 20 minutes (like the Momentums...)

Oh well... maybe the on-ears will actually feel better! :wink:

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #97 of 4,373
Quote:
I don't think I have big ears but somehow the size of the pads is affecting me after long playing hours... I also use glasses so that may be it.
Horse-head shaped?? Lol. Not round at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding clamping, I actually don't find them that bad.

MH, glad you are enjoying the Beats!!

I've worn glasses since the 2nd grade (33 years ago). 

Quote:
Hey MacedonianHero, love your impressions on the new Beats Studio.

How do the New Studios compare to the Bose QC15? Which do you prefer? And if you owned the QC15s, are the New Studios worth selling the QC15s?

Thanks!

The noise cancelling on the QC15s is definitely a big step up from the Studio 2s. I find the QC15s more balanced through the entire spectrum and the Studio 2s certainly bring more bass, but kinda like the Momentum's amount of bass. The quality is still better on the Sennheisers to my ears, but the Studio 2s are a big step up from the originals (and better then the Executives as well). Plus, they look a whole lot nicer.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #98 of 4,373
I've worn glasses since the 2nd grade (33 years ago). 

The noise cancelling on the QC15s is definitely a big step up from the Studio 2s. I find the QC15s more balanced through the entire spectrum and the Studio 2s certainly bring more bass, but kinda like the Momentum's amount of bass. The quality is still better on the Sennheisers to my ears, but the Studio 2s are a big step up from the originals (and better then the Executives as well). Plus, they look a whole lot nicer.
If you could only have one, the QC15s or Studio 2s, which would you prefer?

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #99 of 4,373
Quote:
If you could only have one, the QC15s or Studio 2s, which would you prefer?

Depends...for travel (as I tend to from time to time for work and pleasure), the QC15s are tough to beat. But the Studio 2s are more fun and styled so much better. They aren't as ostentatious as the original Studios either (and quite a bit smaller and more portable). I'll need more time to decide. Sonically though, the Momentums have them both.

Hopefully I'll get my M500s next week to throw into the mix. I'll update my original thread too once I've got more time with both the Studio 2s and M500s.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #100 of 4,373
Depends...for travel (as I tend to from time to time for work and pleasure), the QC15s are tough to beat. But the Studio 2s are more fun and styled so much better. They aren't as ostentatious as the original Studios either (and quite a bit smaller and more portable). I'll need more time to decide. Sonically though, the Momentums have them both.

Hopefully I'll get my M500s next week to throw into the mix. I'll update my original thread too once I've got more time with both the Studio 2s and M500s.
Ok I understand. I appreciate you taking time to help. I currently own the Blue Limited QC15s. I currently have no way to demo the Studio 2s; no Apple Store near me and our Best Buy sucks lol. I'm just trying to find out if it's worth selling my QC15s for the Studio 2s. That's why I'm so interested.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #101 of 4,373
Quote:
Ok I understand. I appreciate you taking time to help. I currently own the Blue Limited QC15s. I currently have no way to demo the Studio 2s; no Apple Store near me and our Best Buy sucks lol. I'm just trying to find out if it's worth selling my QC15s for the Studio 2s. That's why I'm so interested.

What kind of music do you like? Is styling important to you? I'm 41 and don't particularly care. The QC15s look nice and distinguished, but the Studio 2s look slick!

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #102 of 4,373
What kind of music do you like? Is styling important to you? I'm 41 and don't particularly care. The QC15s look nice and distinguished, but the Studio 2s look slick!
I'm a musician (Drummer) and listen to many types. I mostly listen to music with acoustical instruments like jazz, funk, gospel, etc. But I also listen to hip hop and r&b. I'm 33. Styling is somewhat important. But I don't think the QC15s look bad.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #103 of 4,373
Quote:
I'm a musician (Drummer) and listen to many types. I mostly listen to music with acoustical instruments like jazz, funk, gospel, etc. But I also listen to hip hop and r&b. I'm 33. Styling is somewhat important. But I don't think the QC15s look bad.

Tough call. Do you travel much (airlines)? Then the QC15s are best IMO. If you like hip hop and r&b and styling is important, then maybe the Studio 2s?

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #104 of 4,373
Tough call. Do you travel much (airlines)? Then the QC15s are best IMO. If you like hip hop and r&b and styling is important, then maybe the Studio 2s?
I travel a little bit but it's mostly by car. How do the Studio 2s sound with live instruments? Are they decent at picking up details? I feel the QC15s do an admirable job revealing details for a portable headphone. Now you may ask if you like that about the QC15s why are you looking at the Studios. It's because there are times I wish my QC15s had a little more mid bass/kick drum hit. Plus I have to admit, I like how the new Studios look. The old studios had good oomph but sucked at revealing live instruments. QC15s destroyed those to me.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #105 of 4,373
Quote:
I travel a little bit but it's mostly by car. How do the Studio 2s sound with live instruments? Are they decent at picking up details? I feel the QC15s do an admirable job revealing details for a portable headphone. Now you may ask if you like that about the QC15s why are you looking at the Studios. It's because there are times I wish my QC15s had a little more mid bass/kick drum hit. Plus I have to admit, I like how the new Studios look. The old studios had good oomph but sucked at revealing live instruments. QC15s destroyed those to me.

I'll need more time for that....in a week or two, I'll publish my full findings. Sorry a lot going on right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back