Comparison: FiiO X3 vs. iBasso DX50
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #61 of 100
My X3 is a little longer and thinner than my DX50.  My DX50 has a bit more open sound than the X3.  With everything taken into account, I think the X3 and the DX50 are equal with sound.  I might be inclined to recommend the DX50 because it looks nicer, has better ergonomics (even though I'm not a big fan of touch screen interfaces) and because the line-out on the DX50 bypasses the volume control.

DX50 line out is still volume adjustable, but you're still bypassing the internal amp section.

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #62 of 100
  I wanted to buy the dx50 for comparison with the x3.  But man, the dx50 is not portable at all, that thing is HUGE.  No way am I going to be able to work/travel comfortably with that.  Won't even fit in my pocket. 

That's why they have those training music players that are specifically made for on the move with portability and ergonomics taken into account. Hence I believe something made for one purpose should not be used for another and its always best and safe to use tailor made (or specific made) item for the corresponding task. Can't imagine carrying x3, ipod or dx50 while training or running. Best to get something cheap and light in weight as chances of getting damaged is higher while training.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #64 of 100
Received mine today, in short, quite happy with purchase, item looks cool and sounds great, can't complain :)

Made a noob mistake, after removing the removable screen protector it comes with (has writings on it indicating the buttons/slots etc) I was placing the spare screen protector it comes with only to realize it lifted the one already on the screen :frowning2: I didn't realize there was a screen protector under that removable protectors, now it has bubbles :frowning2: I'm hopeless with screen protectors.

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #65 of 100
  Received mine today, in short, quite happy with purchase, item looks cool and sounds great, can't complain :)

Made a noob mistake, after removing the removable screen protector it comes with (has writings on it indicating the buttons/slots etc) I was placing the spare screen protector it comes with only to realize it lifted the one already on the screen :frowning2: I didn't realize there was a screen protector under that removable protectors, now it has bubbles :frowning2: I'm hopeless with screen protectors.

ahh that's bad.....try to stick out the stock screen protector and stick in with help of credit/debit card. it shouldn't be a problem....just press and slide along one direction with plastic card..

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #66 of 100

ahh that's bad.....try to stick out the stock screen protector and stick in with help of credit/debit card. it shouldn't be a problem....just press and slide along one direction with plastic card..

You can also get a nice upgrade screen protector here:
It applies wet so easier to get it bubble free

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #67 of 100

I tried...but it seems the edges lost its 'skickiness' and looks crap :frowning2: might give someone at the shops the spare one to replace it with, Its quite annoying to look and touch it since its touch screen.

The sound quality is pretty impressive with my limited listening so far, lol there is so much parts in tracks that I don't get to hear through other sources such as PC or car.

You can also get a nice upgrade screen protector here:
It applies wet so easier to get it bubble free

We're referring to the iBasso DX50 not the Fiio, I wouldn't bother with a screen protector for the Fiio since it has physical buttons.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #68 of 100

I tried...but it seems the edges lost its 'skickiness' and looks crap :frowning2: might give someone at the shops the spare one to replace it with

Yeah you can do that......If I were you I still keep the original spare(very final resort) and buy a cheap but better ones that are used for 4"-5" screens, cutout to the desired size and apply.actually I wld buy ~5" protectors and I cut it to 2 pieces that way I might have a backup on this too.
wink.gif

take a look below, it's for S3 (4.8" screen size) and has more than 3000 customer reviews still holds 4 stars rating! perhaps u get 3 pieces.
bigsmile_face.gif
nothing to lose @ $1.20 w/Free S/H.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Protector-Anti-Glare-Anti-Fingerprint/dp/B0092843LI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1383216230&sr=8-4&keywords=screen+protector

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #69 of 100
Some nice posts with the comparisons, I'm currently in 2 minds about getting either.

What would you say could be more suited towards metal music? I saw you mention about the bass on the X3, is it easily rectified by lowering the bass range in the menu?
Would be playing them through the HD25's.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #72 of 100
yeesh, cant decide between DX50 or the X3, I'll be listening to them using RE-400, UM Miracle and maybe my Q701, I'm more of a Avenged Sevenfold type of listener

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #73 of 100
Will be getting an X3 at the end of next week to pair with XBA-40 and new JVC HA-S680, trance will be sounding wicked! :D

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #75 of 100

Let us know how the X3 pairs with HA-S680, I'm wondering about the synergy

Sure, don't think I'll receive my S680 till next week at some point. Maybe even the week after next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back