Comparing the Custom TF10 and Universal TF10. You're not gonna like this...
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #46 of 65

Well then that explains the problem with the sound, cos if you don't tune the thing and just chuck it in there the change of the housing material and the lack of silicone tips will probably change the sound.

WHich is a problem some people had depending on here ey went to get the iems molded.

Oh and yea, I was assuming, didn't mean to make it seem like i was stating facts here; like an above poster stated, some places tune them.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #48 of 65
Actually I don't think it's that simple. There are some factors that will affect the sound such as driver placement, tube length, dual or single bore and I believe the acrylic does affect the sound a bit due to the different material than the plastic housing BA are usually in.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #49 of 65
Thanks for your comparison it was very interesting to read.
I was actually thinking for getting custom molds for my TF10s but not anymore
gs1000.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #51 of 65
I will probably buy another pair of TF10 and get one custom molded, then compare against my stock pair and see what's up. This hobby is so contradictory at times, I felt like a rube for having stock TF10 and not having customs, now stock is back in style again and customs suck?

Well, back to the drawing board!

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #54 of 65
I have read a few posts about people who found the sound to change after reshelling.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #55 of 65
All for the negative, or just change in general? I think a few people who got the TF10s last year via Amazon reported being happy with their reshelled phones (you would have to dig out threads to check). Only one way to find out, really. Also plenty of negative posts about the stock TF10, and more in the last year (since the Amazon sale) than ever. If I sent them out to get reshelled and they came back sibilant (and they were not before they left), I would have shipped them back for fixes right away. Hard to believe that is a normal result.

Also, if you go back to the beginning of the Fisher Inearz thread, there are some posts about TF10 reshelling too. Guess it is a risk, but some have found it to work for them. Some not.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #56 of 65
The logical solution is if you can , have the universals remolded by the manufacturer who made them in the first place, if they sell a custom line. I know for sure earsonics does it, Might be worth looking into UE to see if they offer that same service.I dunno?

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #58 of 65
I have a pair of fisher hearing TF10 remolds. I also have a few pairs of the new TF10s from amazon last weekend. I'll do a comparison tomarow and fill you guys in. I have a feeling he may be right though. But, the comfort and easyness of use is probably worth it. lol. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #60 of 65

Did they say what they do to "tune" the drivers? Micro surgery on the BA? Crossover modification. Change the acoustic chamber or sound tube? Filters? Exorcism?
Sounds fishy.

Quote:
Well I just confirmed that the place where I am going to reshell my Tf10 does indeed tune the IEM to perfect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back