Coming soon: Comparison of $99-$150 sealed headphones
Jul 18, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #106 of 141
Let me echo the chorus by saying "Thank you, Skylab!" for all the hard work you're putting into this...

Man-o-man, I can't tell you how much the Denon AH-D1000 is starting to seem like my ideal set of cans (great sound! great comfort! decent pricing! portability!)...except for those abyssmal isolation rankings.
mad.gif
Since I'd be using them on-the-go, poor isolation is pretty much a deal-breaker for me. C'est la vie...

Well, maybe they'll turn out to be poor performers sans amplification, and then I can put them out of my mind for good (uh huh
rolleyes.gif
)...

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #107 of 141
It aprox. a year and half or so ago I took HD25 elements and made them into a complete setup using an SP headband - much more comfortable. The the trouble with the HD25-1 double headband is its' memory. It doesn't matter if you stretch them out and apply heat - they will always return to their orig. shape/tightness. What works for me right now (HME25, which has the double headband) is whenever not in use I spread them over a computer case - so that each element is on its' side of the case.............If Senn. had someone doing some thinking they'd build a "consumer" HD25 - meaning HD25-1 elements, single headband as on SP, copper cable, velour earpads ..........golly,gee, they already make all of those components - simply not combined in that manner.

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #108 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Senn. had someone doing some thinking they'd build a "consumer" HD25 - meaning HD25-1 elements, single headband as on SP, copper cable, velour earpads ..........golly,gee, they already make all of those components - simply not combined in that manner.

What a good idea...

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #110 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's too bad ortho's can't sound good in a closed-dynamic housing because, that aside, I bet the YH-100's you have could compete pretty darn well.

The YH-100 is almost closed; it's closed-vented supra-aural. Isolation is intermediate betwen circumaural closed-sealed and supra-aural open-open, if that makes sense. And with its acoustic mods in place, yes, it could be a contenda. Don't know if Skylab would want to include it in this test, since it's heavy, inefficient and somewhat fragile. But I confess I'd like to see what it can do up against these modern dynamics.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #111 of 141
Skylab.. you're just huge jirk!

Why did you post this so long ago and then wait so long to post a review.. look what you've done to all these people. Now everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for your expert opinion and you just standing up there laughing at us all... Damn you! haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #112 of 141
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #115 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by killer_deep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any status updates on this most anticipated of reviews?

He has no intention of doing it EVER.

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #116 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has no intention of doing it EVER.

Ha. Just an elaborate scheme to see how many of us will go crazy over a fictional "review".

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #117 of 141
yup
smily_headphones1.gif

"muahahahaha" ...(goes skylab)

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #118 of 141
Skylab, did the headphile cable improve sound alot over the standard steel cable? While the price-tag is hefty, I'm more than willing to pay up if it really is a great improvement.

As much as I love the single sided cable, I just may have to give it up..

Jul 20, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #119 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup
smily_headphones1.gif

"muahahahaha" ...(goes skylab)

LMAO! You guys are awesome, but reviews take a LOT of time, and I work full time and have a family. So you will just have to wait
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndbest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, did the headphile cable improve sound alot over the standard steel cable? While the price-tag is hefty, I'm more than willing to pay up if it really is a great improvement.

As much as I love the single sided cable, I just may have to give it up..

HUGE difference. The stock cable sucks sonically.

Jul 23, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #120 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PLEASE do a review of ATH-ES7!!

still waiting to buy yours?? man, grab some ES7 and be happy!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back