Comfort mod: HD650 headband padding on the Pro 900
Nov 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #17 of 77
I dont use my Pro900's for long listening periods you know, but this mod is really interesting and cheap. I'll give it a shot 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #18 of 77
I should of went this route with my TMA-1, instead of the Beyerdynamic pad.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 77
For the past few months I've been thinking of doing a DIY fix for the headband pad of my ultrasones. I wanted to find a nice looking and comfortable pad to put there instead of my crude thought of sticking a rectangular strip of memory foam on the headband haha. I just wanted to thank you, Sorensiim, for sharing this great mod with the community. I know I'll definitely be using my ultrasones more often with the increased comfort. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 77
Thanks JayKay, I'm happy that my efforts are appreciated! Be sure to post pictures of your results! :)

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #21 of 77
What are y'all's thoughts on the HD600's headband pad in comparison to the HD650's? Sennheiser's website doesn't list the 650 pad but it does list the 600. The only place I can seem to find the 650 are UK retailers that will end up costing me upwards of $40 after shipping (damn you weak US dollar). I'll probably give Senn a call tomorrow and see if I can order the part over the phone but if I can't would the 600 pad be comparable, insofar as comfort is concerned, to the 650?

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #22 of 77
I've attached a HD650 headband to my HE-500 and also use Beyerdynamic leather earpads on the mounting rings from the new HiFiMan pleather pads. Much better

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 77

Quote:
What are y'all's thoughts on the HD600's headband pad in comparison to the HD650's? Sennheiser's website doesn't list the 650 pad but it does list the 600. The only place I can seem to find the 650 are UK retailers that will end up costing me upwards of $40 after shipping (damn you weak US dollar). I'll probably give Senn a call tomorrow and see if I can order the part over the phone but if I can't would the 600 pad be comparable, insofar as comfort is concerned, to the 650?

HD 600's earpad is fatter(puffy), which can be uncomfortable to some(depending on head shape). and HD 650's is designed for ergonomics(thus, the arch in the middle, which alleviates stress directly on head)

HD 650 headband pads are expensive(despite being more comfortable); I'd rather buy the HD 600's.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #24 of 77

Quote:

I called Sennheiser USA's parts department and placed an order for the HD650 headband pad (part number listed in the OP) for about $8 shipped. The pad is backordered for 3 weeks, but I'm in no rush. Just thought I'd let you know since the part didn't show up on the website.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #25 of 77

Quote:
I've attached a HD650 headband to my HE-500 and also use Beyerdynamic leather earpads on the mounting rings from the new HiFiMan pleather pads. Much better

Pics or it didn't happen 
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #26 of 77

Quote:
I called Sennheiser USA's parts department and placed an order for the HD650 headband pad (part number listed in the OP) for about $8 shipped. The pad is backordered for 3 weeks, but I'm in no rush. Just thought I'd let you know since the part didn't show up on the website.

Awesome info, just added it to the first post 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I just need to get my hands on some Beyer genuine leather pads for my next mod... or the gel pads, maybe?

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #27 of 77

Quote:
Awesome info, just added it to the first post 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I just need to get my hands on some Beyer genuine leather pads for my next mod... or the gel pads, maybe?

Haha, no problem for the info. Jeez I haven't seen anything about those Beyer gel pads in years lol! I'd be curious to hear your impressions if you actually do pick up a set

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #28 of 77
This looks like a great way to make my Shure 750djs bearable (i have the same issue with pressure on the top of my head that the OP was having, complete with headache tremors coming as a warning signal of a fullblown attack). has anybody tried this on the shures?

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #29 of 77

Quote:
.[..]

Then you add the rough piece of velcro to the back side of the Sennheiser headband pad:

[..]

That plastic sheet on the back of the cushion, did it come with it? Is it solidly attached to the cushion? How stiff is it? I'm asking because if it's strong enough, I might be able to attach it only by the extremities... kinda like the the AKG headbands. I'll see if it's a good idea or not. 

www.sennheiser.ca says there's a few dealers in my town. I'll go to them with the part # and ask if they can order it for me, and for how much.

Thanks for the great information =)

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #30 of 77

Quote:

That plastic sheet on the back of the cushion, did it come with it? Is it solidly attached to the cushion? How stiff is it? I'm asking because if it's strong enough, I might be able to attach it only by the extremities... kinda like the the AKG headbands. I'll see if it's a good idea or not. 

www.sennheiser.ca says there's a few dealers in my town. I'll go to them with the part # and ask if they can order it for me, and for how much.

Thanks for the great information =)

Yep, the plastic is very solidly attached to the cushion and plenty stiff to hold itself in place. Be sure to post your results if you go ahead with the mod 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back