combo in Pounds 300
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #16 of 18
Hey stozzer123,

Thanks alot for the information.

I have a Lumia 800 and no iPOD. So, I guess I will have the following setup:

Nokia Lumia (i dont have an ipod and no LOD as I have a lumia), beyerdynamic 1350 and fiio e11 + yamaha IEMs

Thanks everybody for the information / suggestion....

I might upload photos of the set-up when I get everything.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:
So is it the headphones or the players that make the real difference?

I mean, for example,

I have a Nokia lumia and ipod touch, If i listen to the same song with the same headphones on both, Nokia sound way better than Lumia.

You need a good source device and good earphones. One without the other is a bit pointless. Nokia better than the Lumia must be a mistake as thats the same device.

The Lumia 800 doesn't get good reviews for sound quality. So the iPod should be better (assuming its a recent generation). However stick with which you enjoy. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

You need a good source device and good earphones. One without the other is a bit pointless. Nokia better than the Lumia must be a mistake as thats the same device.

The Lumia 800 doesn't get good reviews for sound quality. So the iPod should be better (assuming its a recent generation). However stick with which you enjoy. 

you are right. I meant the nokia sounds better than iPod... If I remember correctly, when iPod was launched initially, it had issues reported that it caused hearing damage. I bought my First and only iPod in 98 and threw it away on the first day... recently my friend got iPod touch and I had tried that. You americans are just obsessed by Apple. Anyways that's not the point here.

The thing is I got my new Sennheiser HD 1350... seems awesome... I agree with alot of people that these are pure music pure joy... Tried bose as well but felt that they had bass too high. I mean I listen for hours togather at a stretch. If i go for Bose soon I'll have psychological issues due to extra high bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back