combo in Pounds 300
Jul 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

halwaraj

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I plan to get a mp3 player and head phones. Please help me get the best.

My Budget: 350 GBP
Requirement: I hope to buy the best available in my budget.

MP3 player:
A space of 4 to 8 Gig
Best available sound quality
WIfi: n/a
Hi-fi: preferable
touchscreen: n/a
portable: yes
amp: prefer if built-in dont want to spend explicitly on it.

Headphones:
the best that match the player suggested.
I prefer power in the music.

Please help me get the best

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 18
For the source I would recommend a 4 gig sansa clip plus and 32 gig card if you need the space, should be doable.  That should leave you around £300 ish for some nice headphones.

Good luck

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 18
HIFI Man 601 - £199

Audio Technica ES55 - about £80

£20 on a 32gig SD card

job done

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
I have finally decided for hm 602 and Sennheiser HD 25.

Any suggestions / opinions?

I'd say spend more on the headphones. The player is not as important, in the sense that it won't make a huge difference, so you can spend less on that.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

I'd say spend more on the headphones. The player is not as important, in the sense that it won't make a huge difference, so you can spend less on that.

So is it the headphones or the players that make the real difference?

I mean, for example,

I have a Nokia lumia and ipod touch, If i listen to the same song with the same headphones on both, Nokia sound way better than Lumia.

So, I was guessing that may be if i get a audiophile player and good enough headphones, It should be good enough.

Please select an option from the below:

a) basic audio players (Like ipod, sansa etc...) + good headphones
b) Audiophile players (HM 802, 602, C4, ibasso) + mid range headphones

Which one would sound better?

I mean only the sound quality HIs, MIDs and LOWs?

Would you recommend that my nokia + good headphones, maybe like bose QC3 or better, would sound better than hm-602 + Sennheiser HD 25?

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
So is it the headphones or the players that make the real difference?

I mean, for example,

I have a Nokia lumia and ipod touch, If i listen to the same song with the same headphones on both, Nokia sound way better than Lumia.

So, I was guessing that may be if i get a audiophile player and good enough headphones, It should be good enough.

Please select an option from the below:

a) basic audio players (Like ipod, sansa etc...) + good headphones
b) Audiophile players (HM 802, 602, C4, ibasso) + mid range headphones

Which one would sound better?

I mean only the sound quality HIs, MIDs and LOWs?

Would you recommend that my nokia + good headphones, maybe like bose QC3 or better, would sound better than hm-602 + Sennheiser HD 25?

Sansa goes well with everything and can have up to 72Gbs of space. So spend less on the source(due to budget restrictions) and more on the Headphones themselves.  

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 18
Basic Audio + Good Headphones.
Most of the times its not that basic.

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #13 of 18
So does it mean I should speend all 350 pounds on the head phones?????

If yes which one should I go for?

I plan to use it at work so would prefer it to be portable and something that does not throw too much sound out.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 18
You already have a ipod touch so thats fine as a source, if not a clip zip with 32gb card is standard.  (free/ clip- 30 + 10 for card)

For times you are willing to carry around an amp,  get a LOD cable to use with the ipod touch and get a digizoid zo (honestly to me the only "amp" worth a damm unless you get some hard to drive phones. ) it does great things to the sound.   £75

For headphones youll be hard pressed for better than the aiaiai tma-1........ incredible.    £140

So thats around 250, then of course youll be needing iem's for when you are out and about,  as huxley said   Yamaha EPH-100 are incredible.   £70

so for £320  you get all that awesome,  and why not throw in a fiio e11 amp just in case at £40 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back