Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #227 of 397
Does anybody know if the Coolorfly has a true Line Out? I’m looking for a DAp that has a true Line Out and not just attenuated volume.
All I know is that I have used the line out and
Okay, let me ask a more general question. How does the Line Out sound on the C10? I ordered one of these off of Joybuy too.
Very good! I find it to be very transparent.

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #229 of 397
Yes the first second or two it cuts off. That is the one thing that drives me nuts, but I live with it cause it sounds so good. If the planets align perhaps Colorfly will fix it with a firmware upgrade.

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #230 of 397
Hello! Does anyone know if i can somehow talk to joybuy and make them put the current price tag of c10 and not the real one? Reason i'm asking is that, here in our country i have to pay taxes over the amount of 200USD. If they would put the original price tag, i would have to pay taxes then which is a dealbreaker :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #231 of 397
Hello! Does anyone know if i can somehow talk to joybuy and make them put the current price tag of c10 and not the real one? Reason i'm asking is that, here in our country i have to pay taxes over the amount of 200USD. If they would put the original price tag, i would have to pay taxes then which is a dealbreaker :frowning2:
The price is $143.99. It's lower than $200.

Dec 31, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #235 of 397
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear! Something positive.
I have a question about song cut-off...how bad is that? Is that a thing with this DAP?

There will be a split second cut off at the beginning of every song track when listening via it's headphone out (But if it's listening via Line Out, there's no cut off problem).
How bad? I will say, in most cases, really no big deal.
Will you ever notice the cut off? Well, it's there....but really depends on individual track on whether how soon the music start playing.
That is, only on some song when the singing start immediately at the first second, you will notice the cut off.

A good example will be Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'
Normally, it should sound like this when play
"Tonight I'm going to have myself a real good time / I feel alive / And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah / And floating around in ecstasy / So don't stop me now / Don't stop."
On C10 via headphone Out, you will hear
"night I'm going to have myself a real good time / I feel alive / And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah / And floating around in ecstasy / So don't stop me now / Don't stop."

For most songs, the singing or music do not start immediately.
As such, most of the time, you will not notice the split second cut-off at the beginning of tracks.
And even if you know there's this the cut-off...over time....you will get used to it and just simply enjoy the high quality music play out from C10.

A bigger question every prospective C10 buyers should ask yourself...Can you listen to live album without gapless?

Some albums like Eric Clapton's Unplugged, Pink Floyd's The Wall need gapless to enjoy.
But if you have ever used DAPs like Shozy Alien, Colorfly C3, Fiio M3 and are ok with no gapless, then you should be fine with C10.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #236 of 397
There will be a split second cut off at the beginning of every song track when listening via it's headphone out (But if it's listening via Line Out, there's no cut off problem).
How bad? I will say, in most cases, really no big deal.
Will you ever notice the cut off? Well, it's there....but really depends on individual track on whether how soon the music start playing.
That is, only on some song when the singing start immediately at the first second, you will notice the cut off.

A good example will be Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'
Normally, it should sound like this when play
"Tonight I'm going to have myself a real good time / I feel alive / And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah / And floating around in ecstasy / So don't stop me now / Don't stop."
On C10 via headphone Out, you will hear
"night I'm going to have myself a real good time / I feel alive / And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah / And floating around in ecstasy / So don't stop me now / Don't stop."

For most songs, the singing or music do not start immediately.
As such, most of the time, you will not notice the split second cut-off at the beginning of tracks.
And even if you know there's this the cut-off...over time....you will get used to it and just simply enjoy the high quality music play out from C10.

A bigger question every prospective C10 buyers should ask yourself...Can you listen to live album without gapless?

Some albums like Eric Clapton's Unplugged, Pink Floyd's The Wall need gapless to enjoy.
But if you have ever used DAPs like Shozy Alien, Colorfly C3, Fiio M3 and are ok with no gapless, then you should be fine with C10.

Thank you for that, very helpful!
Like the C3 and Alien, I create Cue files to combat this issue. I’m guessing this would work on the C10 as well? Except for the very first track probably...

Dec 31, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #237 of 397
There is something I forgot to mention when I first got my C10.
I tried using all my FAT32 formatted working microSD Cards from my various DAPs on C10, but my C10 had trouble recognising them.
Finally, I have great success using a extFAT 128GB microSD.
So for new C10 users, if you have problem with FAT32 cards, you may try use extFAT cards.

Thank you for that, very helpful!
Like the C3 and Alien, I create Cue files to combat this issue. I’m guessing this would work on the C10 as well? Except for the very first track probably...

Glad my post is helpful.
Of course, I still remember that you had shared out the Walnut Original Music Files to me previously. Thank you for that. :)

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #238 of 397

Good point. I still had not used LO, only got C10 for portable use, but at home, where I have no problem with stacking, connected to the E12, it works perfectly.

Certainly, apart from cut off, C10 has some problems (not remembering the song it was playing, contents of SD card not ordered alphabetically) that make it difficult to recommend for daily and portable use, and that's the reason I'm going for the N5 II, but for long listening sessions at home, and bypassing the cut off through LO and external amp, C10 is really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back