Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #196 of 397
Depends on your personal preference. If you need a phone upgrade or somethong you can go with the lg m, but if sound quality comes first and you don't need fancy features the c10 at the sale price is a killer deal and no smartphone can match it
C10 has cirrus Dac.I previously had ipod touch with that dac and I didn't like the sound signature and that's by biggest concern.It had good sound and clarity but didn't like sound signature of it.I am sure c10 has great sound quality but again I am concerned that I might not like its signature.Thats why I want to know how does it stack against v10 because c10 will be very difficult to resell In case I don't like it but v10 will be an easy sell.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #197 of 397
It's not about the brand but aboit the nodel and the implementation. For instance, xduoo x3 has the same DAC but thec10 is far superior and there are dacs for thousands of dollars which use the same dac

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #198 of 397
It's not about the brand but aboit the nodel and the implementation. For instance, xduoo x3 has the same DAC but thec10 is far superior and there are dacs for thousands of dollars which use the same dac
Yeah but sound signature will be the same with same DAC if its xduoo or c10 woudnt it?

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #201 of 397
C10 has cirrus Dac.I previously had ipod touch with that dac and I didn't like the sound signature and that's by biggest concern.It had good sound and clarity but didn't like sound signature of it.I am sure c10 has great sound quality but again I am concerned that I might not like its signature.Thats why I want to know how does it stack against v10 because c10 will be very difficult to resell In case I don't like it but v10 will be an easy sell.

doubt it, the c10 uses the CS4398 which is in the Astell and kern AK100II and some other top players,the touch does not use this as far as I know,also the amp and overall SQ is in a different planet from any ipod!!

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #202 of 397
Quick question/problem : I recently purchased a Colorfly C200 as a backup to my C10. On the C10, when I use the line out port, the volume can only be adjusted by the amp to which it is connected which is, in my very limited understanding, how it should be. However, on the C200, the volume buttons still function when line out is being used. Is this a malfunction, a firmware issue, a setting that I am missing, or just a difference in implementing a non-standardized feature? Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #203 of 397
Quick question/problem : I recently purchased a Colorfly C200 as a backup to my C10. On the C10, when I use the line out port, the volume can only be adjusted by the amp to which it is connected which is, in my very limited understanding, how it should be. However, on the C200, the volume buttons still function when line out is being used. Is this a malfunction, a firmware issue, a setting that I am missing, or just a difference in implementing a non-standardized feature? Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments.
Any impression of c10 vs c200?

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #205 of 397

I have both C200 and C10. And I have the C200 for almost a year now. The line-out works the same way on the C200 as the C10. I cannot change the volume with the volume buttons. So I don't know what can cause your unit to work differently. It seems like it is a malfunction.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #208 of 397
I see that the USD$144 offer price is still available at JB.
For people who is still hesitating, I would say....don't wait any longer...faster go grab one before they completely disappear!

For sound alone, I think you would need to spend a lot more to better C10.
C10 does provide very very high level of sound quality when properly matched with IEMs/headphones.
I liked mine with FAD E3000, MeeAudio P1 and my cheapo KZ3 so far.
I suspect C10 doesn't pair well with BA as I don't prefer the sound when matched with FAD Heaven IV, Dunu 2k and Fidue A83.
At this moment, C10 is my daily driver.
Among my DAPs, I would put C10 same tier as Hifiman HM650, but better.
My other DAPs, Shanling M3, Shozy Alien Original, AK Jr, Colorfly C3 are either one or 2 tier below when comparing sound alone.

Line out on mine does not work. Am I missing something?

Line Out works on mine.
The Line Out is also a fixed output level, that is, not adjustable.

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #210 of 397
I get a faint sound coming out of the amp when I use my line out. I have tried it on three amps. I thought maybe I was missing something in the menu that had to be activated. I wonder if I downgraded to an older firmware if it would work. I will try and reset it tonight as well to see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back