Colorado Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #91 of 255
Oct 12, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #92 of 255
Hi everyone. So it looks like Denver Library has again opened up meeting rooms for use, though with some new rules - specifically reservations cannot be more than 30 days ahead of current date. Looking at available dates it looks like Sunday's aren't available, but some Saturdays are open. Please chime in here if you want to get this going again. If we can get 10 or so people who for sure can attend we can move forward with setting something up. Masks would be required, feel free to chime in about any other rules you might like to discuss.

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #93 of 255
Hi everyone. So it looks like Denver Library has again opened up meeting rooms for use, though with some new rules - specifically reservations cannot be more than 30 days ahead of current date. Looking at available dates it looks like Sunday's aren't available, but some Saturdays are open. Please chime in here if you want to get this going again. If we can get 10 or so people who for sure can attend we can move forward with setting something up. Masks would be required, feel free to chime in about any other rules you might like to discuss.

Great to hear. I am flexible around weekends.

I would recommend the following around mask rules be in place as well. Have cleaning wipes for gear after each listen.

I'm flexible on weekends, just give me that month heads up!

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #94 of 255
Not sure what the options are, but I think a larger room that we can under-fill in terms of capacity might be another way to increase people's comfort level.

But yes, I too am potentially in. Gear is shifting as we speak, but hopefully I will have something interesting/worthwhile to bring.

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #95 of 255
Same with my gear too. I'll have a good idea in two weeks for what I have.

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #96 of 255
Sounds good to me!

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #97 of 255
This is the room we've used the last few times, at the Sam Gary Branch Library in Denver. It's a nice comfortable size, I think. Capacity is 110 people. Has 15 two person tables, 80 chairs. Judging by the last meetings we might have 20-30 people there.

SGB_MeetingRoom.jpg

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #98 of 255
This is the room we've used the last few times, at the Sam Gary Branch Library in Denver. It's a nice comfortable size, I think. Capacity is 110 people. Has 15 two person tables, 80 chairs. Judging by the last meetings we might have 20-30 people there.

SGB_MeetingRoom.jpg

That room was perfect if we could get it again!

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #99 of 255
I think that room would be ideal for sure. I like the accessible handwashing station.

Oct 12, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #100 of 255
As far as gear goes, I'll be able to bring pretty much anything iFi that's reasonable...plus

1. HiFiMan Susvara
  2. Audeze LCD-XC
  3. Focal Clear or Celestee (1 will be sold by then)
  4. Campfire Solaris Flower LE or Andromeda Gold (1 will be sold by then)
  5. Campfire Honeydew
Unsure if I will have a RAD 0 with me around then, but I will bring one if I do.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #101 of 255
I will most likely be able to attend. I will bring my Verite, Snorry NM-1 and Kennerton Rognir. My Wells Audio Dragon will come too
≥]’/[

Oct 13, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #102 of 255
I am definitely interested! I'll be coming down from the mountains where I live (Silverthorne), so pick a weekend that isn't going to snow. :wink: It's snowing as I type this...
I can bring some Clears, Aeolus, HE6seV2's, T1v1's; also a Burson Conductor 3xp, Flux FA10, Hagerman Tuba, and a new DDC by Dennafrips - the Iris that I'm now sorting out... I have a bunch of other phones and dac/amps I can bring if their's interest (Eligia, Elear, HD6xx, modded HD700, some Stax's...)

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #103 of 255
Let me know the date and I will be there

Oct 14, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #104 of 255
cool cool. I would be bringing a Kaldas RR1 with a stax srm-353x energizer. Also an Ultrasone Signature Pro with a Rudistor RPX-33MK2. Can also bring my HD-650's and a Audio Technica A1000Z's.

Normally a room would be reserved several months out, which gives people time to see the thread and know that a meet is scheduled. Because now we can schedule only 1 month ahead I think it would be best to let this thread float for a few weeks and maybe schedule something then in November - December. Please chime in if any particular date would not work for you, it will probably be on a Saturday.

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #105 of 255
Just my 2 cents, with daily new cases rising to over 2000 per day and not falling, CO is worse than the end of January.

And breakthrough cases are a reality. A person I know had 2 shots, got Covid and spread to wife and grandkids. While his bout was not as severe as those who are unvaxed, the easy spread is real. I do not want to risk getting myself or anyone else sick. The short term cadiovascular effects are just now being understood with long term effects unknown.

For those reasons I will be absent from any meets for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back