Colorado Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #76 of 255
Awesome set-up indeed! How are you liking those LS50s @Voxata ?

I've got anyone who needs source gear for this eventual meet pretty much covered at this point! Lol.

I really like them but, you've got to pair them accordingly. They are a little bright and forward so my setup compensates for that very nicely. Synergy right now is fantastic. No fatigue, excellent sound. Bit of warmth but still very quick and accurate.

I think a meet will be in the summer I hope.
*Edit* was vaccinated, caught covid before second shot took hold :/

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #78 of 255
Sounds good to me

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #79 of 255
I think moving this one towards Denver would be a great call. I know 2-3 folks more up north who would like to come if they can make it.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #80 of 255
Did you sell the Solstice? I love the Andro 2020 and would absolutely consider custom at the 1099 sale price.

Why did you let go of it?

I actually was able to trade it back to Campfire for the Andro 2020. The Solstice (audiophile fit) is the most comfortable custom I have ever worn and loved using it for that. I cannot emphasize how comfortable it is and I have 2 other customs.

Reason why I don't have it anymore is it didn't sound like an Andromeda to me which is what I wanted and I know others have said a similar opinion. It sounds like it based on the Andromeda, but the Andromeda had this special tuning to it especially with its upper-mids and highs and the Solstice didn't have that. The Solstice sounded like a smoothed out Andromeda in terms of frequency response to my ears. I tried both the Andromeda 2019 and 2020 side-by-side with my Solstice and both 2019 and 2020 Andromedas had that special sauce that I was craving that the Solstice didn't have.

I sent it back wondering if the measurements were wrong on my version since I purchased it the day it came out and according to them, it measures extremely close to the Andromeda. After long discussion, they allowed me to trade it in and I am much happier now with the Andro 2020. Might be good to keep in mind, I am really picky in how I like my sound, so you might enjoy it.

Edit: On this page, ryanjsoo shows graphs and explains his experience with the Solstice. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-solstice-ciem.919683/page-10

Edit2: I am incredibly thankful and I understand how rare of an opportunity they gave me for this!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #81 of 255
I actually was able to trade it back to Campfire for the Andro 2020. The Solstice (audiophile fit) is the most comfortable custom I have ever worn and loved using it for that. I cannot emphasize how comfortable it is and I have 2 other customs.

Reason why I don't have it anymore is it didn't sound like an Andromeda to me which is what I wanted and I know others have said a similar opinion. It sounds like it based on the Andromeda, but the Andromeda had this special tuning to it especially with its upper-mids and highs and the Solstice didn't have that. The Solstice sounded like a smoothed out Andromeda in terms of frequency response to my ears. I tried both the Andromeda 2019 and 2020 side-by-side with my Solstice and both 2019 and 2020 Andromedas had that special sauce that I was craving that the Solstice didn't have.

I sent it back wondering if the measurements were wrong on my version since I purchased it the day it came out and according to them, it measures extremely close to the Andromeda. After long discussion, they allowed me to trade it in and I am much happier now with the Andro 2020. Might be good to keep in mind, I am really picky in how I like my sound, so you might enjoy it.

Edit: On this page, ryanjsoo shows graphs and explains his experience with the Solstice. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-solstice-ciem.919683/page-10

That's very nice of @CampfireAudio // @KB // @Caleb Rosenau to take in your trade, coming from someone who worked in IEMs and has an understanding of how hard customs are to make (at least in my past team's perspective) and accepting returns outside of re-fits are pretty rare. I hope to be able to grab a custom from them one day, but am very happy where I'm at now finally landing on the Andromeda 2020 as well.

If anything, I would probably give the Equinox ago since I enjoyed the Atlas but was never able to get a good fit. Thanks for your impressions of the Solstice sound! That makes sense, and I understand where you're coming from.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #82 of 255
I sure hope you can bring that massive ifi portable collection! I'll never sell my late revision BL.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #83 of 255
I sure hope you can bring that massive ifi portable collection! I'll never sell my late revision BL.

Definetly planning on it depending on how much space we have!

At the very least I will bring (if we're limited to portable only):

- xDSD
- Micro iDSD Signature
- Diablo

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #84 of 255
Definetly planning on it depending on how much space we have!

At the very least I will bring (if we're limited to portable only):

- xDSD
- Micro iDSD Signature
- Diablo

The signature/diablo are what I'm looking to try!

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #85 of 255
Apr 10, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #86 of 255
That's very nice of @CampfireAudio // @KB // @Caleb Rosenau to take in your trade, coming from someone who worked in IEMs and has an understanding of how hard customs are to make (at least in my past team's perspective) and accepting returns outside of re-fits are pretty rare. I hope to be able to grab a custom from them one day, but am very happy where I'm at now finally landing on the Andromeda 2020 as well.

If anything, I would probably give the Equinox ago since I enjoyed the Atlas but was never able to get a good fit. Thanks for your impressions of the Solstice sound! That makes sense, and I understand where you're coming from.

Yeah it was super nice of them to do that and I am very thankful for it! I had a great experience with the customer service throughout that whole process. I'm happy that you landed on the Andromeda 2020, would be great to hear what you think of them when you get them.

Equinox might be good to try, they do have an Equinox demo unit so might be worth asking. Unfortunately Equinox/Atlas's sound signature wasn't for me or else I would have went with the Equinox. I love the original Vega though for some reason

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #87 of 255
I've got anyone who needs source gear for this eventual meet pretty much covered at this point! Lol.
That is great as I use a streamer and a DAC at home. I can bring my Rogue amp and headphones but my sources are not portable at all.

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #88 of 255
That is great as I use a streamer and a DAC at home. I can bring my Rogue amp and headphones but my sources are not portable at all.

Yep.

Pretty much the only thing that would be quite hard to bring is our Pro stack. Everything else is fair game.

We do have two new staffers here as well, so they would be able to bring the units they have in the house too!

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #89 of 255
I think moving this one towards Denver would be a great call. I know 2-3 folks more up north who would like to come if they can make it.
I think the original title of this thread is confusing people. People are reading it as a meet in Colorado Springs. It is actually saying that there was going to be a meet in Colorado in the Spring. This meet was originally going to happen at a library in Denver (same place as the meet in 2019). I assume the rescheduled meet will happen somewhere in the Denver metro area.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #90 of 255
I think the original title of this thread is confusing people. People are reading it as a meet in Colorado Springs. It is actually saying that there was going to be a meet in Colorado in the Spring. This meet was originally going to happen at a library in Denver (same place as the meet in 2019). I assume the rescheduled meet will happen somewhere in the Denver metro area.

Good point and clarification!

I was always under the assumption the last meet was originally scheduled in the Springs and then eventually move to Denver, but this makes much more sense lol.

Hopefully, most folks here are fully vaccinated by the end of May so we can get to planning for what we'd like to do.

Don't expect us to safely do something with minimizing risk as much as possible until early September if things with COVID continue to wind down as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back