College Football
Sep 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #31 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Appalacian State 34, Michigan 32...I could just throw up right now.
mad.gif

But it is not LLoyds fault; stupid Assistants.
redface.gif

We in Ohio believe LLoyd should receive a new five year contract extension.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #33 of 628
yay usc. boo notre dame.

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #34 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yay usc. boo notre dame.

ND gets crushed by powerhouse Georgia Tech and Michigan gets beat by a Division III team @ home. It just doesnt get any better than this.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #35 of 628
(__|__)

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #36 of 628
Quote:

(__|__)

Tom is so distraught he cant talk.
evil_smiley.gif

I remember those days .... back when Cooper was OSU's coach and Michigan thumped us every year. I feel for you even though I am currently enjoying being on the other end. But, that can always end quickly ESPECIALLY with OSU playing at PSU and at Michigan.
eek.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #38 of 628
Just got back from the NCSU game, what a disappointment. It was like Amato was back, not good. So close too. Oh well, hopefully next week will be better, then back to Carter Finley for the Wofford game.

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #39 of 628
Quote:

Appalacian State 34, Michigan 32...I could just throw up right now.
mad.gif

OMG w00t!!!!! Down with Michigan up with the Appalachian State!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #40 of 628
some things I learned in the past few hours from watching football:

1. girls weigh more than they look, either that or crowd surfing makes makes them heavier.
2. DJ is the new reggie bush
3. Even though Ten was considerably stronger and wore out the cal D, they were not fast enough for the cal O.
4. early big plays really do matter.
5. Ten can't catch or throw the football.
6. J Forsett looked alot like M Lynch out there... despite his small size.
7. Ten's fight song is really nice, and their fans have pom poms.
8. tree sitters apparently got a better response from the ten crowd (duh, it's not their trees those hippies are sitting on).

final: Cal 45, Ten 31

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #41 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some things I learned in the past few hours from watching football:

1. girls weigh more than they look, either that or crowd surfing makes makes them heavier.
2. DJ is the new reggie bush
3. Even though Ten was considerably stronger and wore out the cal D, they were not fast enough for the cal O.
4. early big plays really do matter.
5. Ten can't catch or throw the football.
6. J Forsett looked alot like M Lynch out there... despite his small size.
7. Ten's fight song is really nice, and their fans have pom poms.
8. tree sitters apparently got a better response from the ten crowd (duh, it's not their trees those hippies are sitting on).

final: Cal 45, Ten 31

Tennessee's passing game looked good to me considering that Ainge's finger was suppose to be broken. Great game. Keep on rollin Bears.

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #42 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tennessee's passing game looked good to me considering that Ainge's finger was suppose to be broken. Great game. Keep on rollin Bears.

it did look good... they just couldn't make the catch/throws when it mattered most. (maybe the crowd? maybe the bay-fog settling into the stadium at the end of the game?)

regarding bottom: yea, i know they are different. however the impression he left on me is his muscling through so many Tennessee guys... i certainly didn't see that last year.

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #43 of 628
Forsett is a blur, he's a completely different type of RB from Lynch. He's super quick and explosive.

Ryan Torain looked great against SJSU tonight, kinda reminds me of Lynch actually. A nice mix of moves and power.

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #44 of 628
Woot! Just came back from the bar after the game, so if I sound incoherent, you know why.

Despite the fact that Cal won, I saw some causes for concern. For one, where was the D? It was inconsistent all game long: yeah, the Cal D made stops when they mattered the most, but for the rest of the time the D was porous.

Second, Longshore was also inconsistent. There are times when he just turned it on, but other times when he was just rusty, like the two fumbled snaps, and turning the ball over 1 yard away from the end zone.

But still, a win is a win, especially against a team from a quality conference like the SEC. I hope that the inconsistency is just first game jitters.

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #45 of 628
Quote:

(__|__)

This could only come from a fevered fan after an enexplicable loss. Love the butt cheeks. At least it wasn't at the hands of OSU. (yet!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back