College Football
Oct 7, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #213 of 628
I sure as hell hope two (true) teams come out of this undefeated, or were going to have a complete mess on our hands.
If LSU somehow falls tonight your main draw is Ohio St and California (on paper).
Odds are one of those will lose and you can insert a South Florida / Boston College / Kentucky (not to mention they all may lose). Thats manageable to handle come December. But if those above teams take a loss as well, its going to be a roller coaster of a ride, trying to insert two "one loss" teams into the BCS title without any horrid reaction.

If each year keeps seeing more upsets, we may see some sort of playoff system sooner. I believe fans and everyone else will draw tired of knowing that your season pretty much ends on your first loss (it was great for the first few years, as it gave us total drama) But now I think we get accustomed to it, and then to try and attract that sort of "ora" comes a playoff.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #214 of 628
this is a mess. I am feeling no love for Stanford right now.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #215 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If each year keeps seeing more upsets, we may see some sort of playoff system sooner. I believe fans and everyone else will draw tired of knowing that your season pretty much ends on your first loss (it was great for the first few years, as it gave us total drama) But now I think we get accustomed to it, and then to try and attract that sort of "ora" comes a playoff.

I think at the rate things are going this season there could be tremendous pressure to implement the four-team playoff system as soon as possible, especially if we can get the likes of Nike or Reebok to put up sponsoring money.

Oct 7, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #217 of 628
STANFORD BEATS USC!!! HELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!!!!! 41 point underdogs!!!!!!!

best part? ITS OUR BACKUP QUARTERBACK'S FIRST START IN HIS COLLEGE CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGGEST UPSET IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRY!

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #218 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlineng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
STANFORD BEATS USC!!! HELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!!!!! 41 point underdogs!!!!!!!

best part? ITS OUR BACKUP QUARTERBACK'S FIRST START IN HIS COLLEGE CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGGEST UPSET IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRY!

Appalachian State 34 #5 Michigan 32

congrats, though, that was a great win for you guys... destroyed SC's National Championship hopes and managed to find a way to keep Cal out of the BCS at the same time (if SC beats Cal, which is very possible).
mad.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #220 of 628
Is it? Michigan may have been ranked #5 at that time, but it was due to preseason rankings. They're just not really that good and App St. is the reigning 1-AA champion. Heck, USF used to be 1-AA, look at where they are now.

Stanford looked horrid against Arizona State, and just about every other game. On top of that, they were starting their 2nd string QB and had quite a few other injuries at other positions. OTOH, USC goes about 5 deep on 5-star HS players at many positions. Booty has never impressed me though, he's no Palmer or Leinart. I'm much more stunned by the USC loss.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #221 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hooray! My Wildcats won! And piled up over 600 yards of total offense on Sparty.

On the other hand, Wisco let the Illini burst their bubble. Yuck.

Go Boilers!

fellow Wildcat? awesome! what was amazing about this game was that only TDs were scored and NU and MSU alternated the whole game through. NU was only up by one TD at the most and MSU was never ahead...strange.

go figure - lose to duke then beat MSU. shows you how touch in-conference games are!

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #222 of 628
According to spread, Stanford vs. USC was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest upset in recent college football. We were anywhere from 39-41 point underdogs. App. State were only 23 point underdogs against Michigan.

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #224 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Appalachian State 34 #5 Michigan 32

congrats, though, that was a great win for you guys... destroyed SC's National Championship hopes and managed to find a way to keep Cal out of the BCS at the same time (if SC beats Cal, which is very possible).
mad.gif

I would truthfully say I think this one was a bigger upset. 39-41 point line and App State can beat Stanford. The App State game is only noteworthy because they were not division 1. But, App State is probably a better team than Stanford.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #225 of 628
I predict right now that the BCS title game will be Boston College versus Ohio State. I think the SEC and Pac-10 are good enough conferences that there will not be an undeteated champ, and the ACC and Big 10 (of which I am an alum and fan remember) are not. OSU can go through the big 10 slate undefeated, and I believe BC can as well. I don't think Cal and LSU will be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back