College Football
Oct 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #226 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for shake up in Big East:
West Virginia, Rutgers, Lousiville exposed as overrated this year......the teams that will prevail here are South Florida and Cincinnati. SF just beat West Virginia and Cincinnati plays Rutgers this week, I predict Cincy win and Rutgers quickly fades away from top 20. Rutgers seeks payback for Cincy spanking them last year and taking away BCS bowl game, but Cincy too good right now. Nobody wants to play these two teams now they are legit.

SEC
Begins a muderous conference scedule now, be extremely hard for any SEC team to go undefeated this year, too much quality in conference. Auburn beating Gators on home field shows the balance here.......LSU gets Gators next and we see just how good they really are, FLA does not want 2 losses, Urban Meyer will pull out all the stops to win.
next 3 games for LSU:
Florida (ranked 9th)
Kentucky (ranked 8th)
Auburn

Florida Gators gave LSU all they could handle, lead 90% of game. LSU had to make many risky 4th down gambles and fake field goal to pull this out, Gators offensive imbalance and lack of true running game did them in eventually. I think LSU will be beaten before end of year by someone in SEC, although on paper gators were toughest game remaining........for now no question who will be rated #1 in polls

Cincy and South Fla continue to roll in Big East, they play each other 11/3/07.

USC losing to Stanford was not only a real shocker but puts Cal in drivers seat and gives Oregon new life, 5 turnovers by USC made thier winnning a longshot against any team. Booty 4 picks.

Ohio State
continues to pick up steam as new offense continues to develop, other big 10 teams looking weaker. Illinois now seems to be main obstacle to unbeaten season, but 2nd half of schedule is harder for OSU so they need to stay sharp.

Virometal
Mizzou look good destroying Nebraska..........Oklahoma next, should be great game and probably tougher opponent than Texas

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #227 of 628
Good call about Mizzou. Take the decals off the helmets, and the Tigers should be favored by over a touchdown Saturday. That said, a Texas win is huge for OU whether the Horns are 0-5 or 5-0. The hatred in that rivalry is so strong plus OU's lifeblood is Texas athletes.

It's too bad that no-one is talking about the Tigers and the Gators after the Stanford upset. It was one of the more exciting games I've watched this year.

How about Less balls of steel Miles going for it on fourth down 5? times! How about Meyer breaking out every formation in the book? How about Tim Tebow? How about Jacob Hester? Jeebus, that was a great game.

-

Well, filling out my little fan poll wasn't any easier this week, except in the top ten:

1)LSU 2)Cal 3)OSU 4)SF 5)MU (Missou) 6)BC 7)UCinn 8)KU 9)ASU 10)S. Carolina

My philosophy of rewarding lossless teams from BCS conferences is in full effect. Heck, I might throw in Uconn if they beat Virginia next week.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #228 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's too bad that no-one is talking about the Tigers and the Gators after the Stanford upset. It was one of the more exciting games I've watched this year.

Funny, there's many at the LSU game last night that say they've never heard Death Valley as loud as it was when the final USC loss was put up on the score board.

Quote:

How about Less balls of steel Miles going for it on fourth down 5? times! How about Meyer breaking out every formation in the book? How about Tim Tebow? How about Jacob Hester? Jeebus, that was a great game.

How about it! Scared the crap out of me. Lester is a mad man. Yep, those are the kinds of games I love watching. OU and Texas was another.

As much as I like closer games, it was too bad LSU couldn't keep up the run of benching starting QB's. Tebow certainly wasn't having none of that.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #229 of 628
I was at the USC/Stanford game. The halftime b/w the two bands was the most entertaining part of the day. Or was it having this guy come sit next to us?:

Millertime1.jpg

Millertime2.jpg

At any rate, it had to be one of the sloppiest games I've seen USC play in recent years, perhaps only surpassed by last week's effort. Oh well. At least Stanford fans are the least annoying of the PAC10 schools, so I don't mind losing to their team quite as much
wink.gif

At least being at the Coliseum, there is enough fun activity to take the sting out of the embarrassing loss that a team so packed with overinflated egos and lacking work ethic was bound to suffer.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #231 of 628
I had heard about USC's band planning on "the play" but I didn't see that... and what in the world was that "countermarch" thing about???... looked like Texas A&M's do-nothing marching band.

The deal with App state is that they were I-AA team with no conscious place among college football fans when whey won, no one even knew the school existed. Stanford regularly plays USC and has had a pretty good football history and were in a BCS bowl 6 years ago. Despite this being the largest point-spread upset, I highly doubt that this will be as memorable as Appalachian State.

funny quote:
"Whoever has a live tiger at the game, they deserve to win every time."
-Cal QB, Nate Longshore about LSU

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #232 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoenberg3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHOSE HOUSE? OUR HOUSE!!!
Go cardinals!!!

Isn't it "Cardinal", no s?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #234 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't it "Cardinal", no s?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yep. the color. but the mascot's a tree? What? great win, though.

let's also keep hawaii in the back of our minds...they're ranked 16 now and have a fairly easy schedule, though they do have boise st. and washington at the end of the season. should they run the table they will probably be in the top 12 and make a BCS bowl...maybe the fiesta bowl.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #235 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and what in the world was that "countermarch" thing about???... looked like Texas A&M's do-nothing marching band.

WHAT???!!! That's the world-famous "Fightin' Texas Aggie Band" you are dissing there. There isn't a better marching band in the country at performing precision drill formations. We've never lost a halftime!
biggrin.gif
At least our band doesn't look and sound like a sissy high school band wearing feather caps and playing Michael Jackson's Thriller with a bunch of lame flag wavers and baton twirlers.
rolleyes.gif

Now back to the topic...

It was a funny situation in the Aggie student center lounge on Saturday afternoon. The OU-tu game was on TV and the visiting OSU fans were cheering for Texas while the Texas A&M fans were cheering for Oklahoma LOL.

Coach Fran saved his job for another week. Or rather Javorskie Lane saved it. He completed a 40-yard pass that hit the receiver in stride down to the 1 and looked better than McGee doing it. A key OSU turnover early in the second half helped get A&M back on track after a very slow start.

A&M plays at Tech this weekend. My son goes on his first road trip (with the afore-mentioned band) and he is worried about the hostile environment at Lubbock. I was wondering what the NCAA record is for passing yards in a game... it could be threatened in this one.

OU-Mizzou is another huge Big 12 showdown. I like OU at home in that one, but it should be a great game.

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #236 of 628
icon10.gif
I was waitin' and wonderin' when the brimstone Aggie would catch the Bear's snide remark.

Speaking of:

Quote:

I predict right now that the BCS title game will be Boston College versus Ohio State.

Don't think your prediction went unnoticed Skylab.

--

I'm shocked to read OSU fans weren't rooting for OU!
eek.gif

Gameday is in Norman this Saturday so we're going to make a sign. I might convince my compatriots to stick a Head-fi insider joke on er (if any of you guys watch the show). I don't care for it too much, but its fun to read the signs and have an excuse to start drinkin' early on Saturday.

My favorite gameday sign so far this year: "Lou Holtz for Presendeth" LMAO!

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #237 of 628
Quote:

:

Don't think your prediction went unnoticed Skylab.

Good! That's the point of making such things...
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #238 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OU-Mizzou is another huge Big 12 showdown. I like OU at home in that one, but it should be a great game.

Virometal will be sweating this one..............
wink.gif

Besides smashing Cornhuskers this past week Mizzou had win over Illinois early which intitially seemed no big deal but now with Illinois rising up the ranks seems like a more significant win

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #239 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Virometal will be sweating this one..............
wink.gif

Besides smashing Cornhuskers this past week Mizzou had win over Illinois early which intitially seemed no big deal but now with Illinois rising up the ranks seems like a more significant win

I had the same exact thought. That's Illinois' only loss.

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #240 of 628
Quote:

My favorite gameday sign so far this year: "Lou Holtz for Presendeth" LMAO!

Suthffering suthccothass!

I think Mr. Motivator's inspired teams are 1 for 6 this year? If I'm a coach, I'll call and beg him to keep it to himself.

---------------------

I know everyone here is a fan of beautiful photography, so I thought I'd share
evil_smiley.gif
: Hester - no knee down, defender's hand full of face mask, and ball across the plane.

Hester.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back