College Football
Oct 8, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #241 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT???!!! That's the world-famous "Fightin' Texas Aggie Band" you are dissing there. There isn't a better marching band in the country at performing precision drill formations. We've never lost a halftime!
biggrin.gif
At least our band doesn't look and sound like a sissy high school band wearing feather caps and playing Michael Jackson's Thriller with a bunch of lame flag wavers and baton twirlers.
rolleyes.gif

LOL... Thanks, I worked in that comment just for you.
evil_smiley.gif

just pullin your chain a little.

Oct 8, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #242 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
I think Mr. Motivator's inspired teams are 1 for 6 this year?

After last week, Kirky Herby is working on a jinx streak himself. He picked Florida and OkSu. I'm preparing for Saturday. Doing some research. *yeah that's it*

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Virometal will be sweating this one..............

You bet. I harbor no illusion that OU is the better team. In my little poll, I ranked one loss S. Carolina, Oregon, and Illinois above the Sooners, not to mention undefeated Missouri. If Florida had one loss, I'd rank them above OU too. It's called not being a homer.
wink.gif
Check out some of my two bit analysis on another board:

After watching the Nebraska game, 'zou looked salty. Stoops' teams may be traditionally good against the spread, but MU"s athletes looked solid; above a say TT level - big, fast...

Missouri employs very deep shot gun sets. Daniel is taking the snap a mile back from the LOS. It's going to be tough to pressure him, not even accounting for his feet. The Tiger D also tackled very well against Nebraska. Keep that up, and their defense will do enough to keep the score close for their O.

Thank goodness Temple is banged up. Remember last year, he had some big gains against OU.

--

1519186566_00ef8630c1.jpg

BTW, 'zou/Huskers is a nasty rivalry. The final score included a fake fg, for the final td, with 'zou up 35 - 6 iirc. During the great Nebraska run in the mid 90's, Tom Osborne, rightfully or wrongfully, was infamous for running up the score in the old Big 8 (no offense Huskers, Tom was an all time great coach). Think that fake fg may be a little payback?

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #243 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL... Thanks, I worked in that comment just for you.
evil_smiley.gif

just pullin your chain a little.

You just wanted to see if I was paying attention, didn't you?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gameday is in Norman this Saturday so we're going to make a sign. I might convince my compatriots to stick a Head-fi insider joke on er (if any of you guys watch the show). I don't care for it too much, but its fun to read the signs and have an excuse to start drinkin' early on Saturday.

I'll be watching so let us know what your sign will say! P.S. Quit sandbagging your Sooners - you know they are better than South Carolina, Illinois, etc.
biggrin.gif

And by the way, go Illini!!! Too bad the chief is no longer around to see this.
frown.gif

One last thing... about the blogs... I think this is my blog.
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #244 of 628
chirp.....chirp....chirp.....

Orcin, from Tues. to Thurs. this thread does become our personal blog space. Darn weekend football fans. This is a seven day deal gosh darn it!
tongue.gif
Ten four 'bout. the sign. The committee is holding it's final planning meeting tonight, then it's off to logistics.

Us Sooners are not above reveling in a little Horn misery. Something tells me Aggies aren't either. In that spirit, here's a youtube you might enjoy...
cool.gif

Around the Big12: Kansas might be pretty good, Leach broke his arm, and Limas Sweed is out for the year.

Big12 Offensive Player of the week: Chase Daniel QB('zou), Defense: Reggie Smith CB(OU), Special Teams: Mason Crosby K(CU)

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #246 of 628
Quote:

In that spirit, here's a youtube you might enjoy...
cool.gif

LOL that was great. I especially liked the part about 1:30 in where the Longhorn fan says, "Oh, ******!".
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh yeah, we know all about Cal down here in Aggieland. We saw enough of them at last year's Holiday Bowl. (bleh)

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #247 of 628
How good is the friggin' Pac10? The rest of the conference's season is going to be fun to watch.

--

Orcin, the Sooners have adjourned. Possible signs for Saturday (ripped from Message Boards):

LMAO @ Notre Dame
Stanford Kicks Booty!!!
Curtis Lofton is a Man. He's #40!
Can't Spell Mizzou Without OU
Les Miles is a Homeaux
I've Been to Missouri and Never Seen a Tiger
3/4th of this Show is Inacurat
Two In the Pinkle, One in the Stinkle

My group will display: Lou Holtz Says: Boomer Thooner. We will also have a runner responsible for the foot cameras. He will try to get a "This Game is on Fox" sign for the moving crowd shots. I'll be wearing a crimson shirt that displays "50, 55, 56, 74, 75, 85, 00" if anyone is dying to see me on t.v.
icon10.gif

Also, during the last two game days in Norman, there has been the legendary "Corso Loves Penis" sign. We don't know who is responsible, but that should make an appearance.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #248 of 628
Excellent! I will be looking for you. I will miss part of the show though because I have to go out for a while early Saturday morning.

I like "Can't Spell Mizzou Without OU" the best, although Boomer Thooner is a great one also.

What do all those numbers on your shirt mean? (Heh, I know - championships!). We have '39! Ok, only one but better than nothing.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #249 of 628
P.S. Good news... Tech made the frat responsible stop printing those awful shirts showing Michael Vick with a noose hanging Reveille.

Bad news... Javorskie Lane guarantees a victory. Eek! What is he thinking?

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #250 of 628
Interesting, Mr. Lane must believe aTm's luck in the Tortilla Flats is due to reverse...I tell ya one thing. After watching Tech/OSU, the Red Raiders couldn't tackle a dead guy.

For anyone curious, here's the t-shirt that created the stir:

1535353914_a5c758cc87_o.jpg

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #251 of 628
Quote:

Les Miles is a Homeaux

Excuse me! We all gathered after the Florida game, and in a single choral voice, LSU's fan base aptly sung The Hat a new name. We did this in unison without prearrangement or argument. The ceremony's unanimity and beauty was as spontaneous as when all those people in the 70's wanted to buy the world a Coke. The new moniker, sung in one voice by thousands, befits his monolithic courage. His name on that day became Lesticles... Sir Lesticles to you. He could take all your women if he so chose.

Quote:

My group will display: Lou Holtz Says: Boomer Thooner. We will also have a runner responsible for the foot cameras. He will try to get a "This Game is on Fox" sign for the moving crowd shots. I'll be wearing a crimson shirt that displays "50, 55, 56, 74, 75, 85, 00" if anyone is dying to see me on t.v.
icon10.gif

Crap. I don't think I'll be near a tele on Sat. Someone record this!

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #252 of 628
Heh Lesticles... I thought "Homeaux" was purty clever. You know you love it Sgi. It's really a sign of respect when a non-conference fan base takes the time to diss your favorite school.

Don't worry guys, if my Saturday ******'ery is documented, my GF will splice her DVR, and upload the video promptly. I like to call her my spiteful half.
redface.gif

--

I'm been reading some pick UK over LSU. Eh, that alone means the Tigers will win by three touchdowns.

Fran has been "admonished" (good word Aggie PR dept.) by aTm.

Great game last night with Navy beating Pitt in overtime. Navy is now bowl eligible. Congrats to the Midshipman for their win over a Big East team.

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #253 of 628
Quote:

Fran has been "admonished" (good word Aggie PR dept.) by aTm.

Way to prepare for a big game, Aggies! I guess they are trying to build that "us against the world" mentality.
blink.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #254 of 628
#16 hawaii shouldn't even be ranked... they got taken to OT by San Jose State, a team Stanford practically raped earlier this year.

that being said... cal is starting to get nervous. QB nate longshore is hurt and may not play, causing tedford to start a freshmen... although i hear this qb is very good.

I don't want to jinx it, but I'd be very happy if Andre Woodson won the heisman trophy today...
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #255 of 628
Wow, I turned that game off to go to bed when SJSU went up by 2 scores. Sorry to hear they lost!

My son and I will be going to see the Northwestern-Minny game today - beautiful fall day here in Chicago. I have season NU tickets, but I don't make every game. This one promises to be entertaining, with lots of scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back