Cmoy Showdown-- Cast your vote!
Oct 4, 2009 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Magnumxl711

New Head-Fier
Ladies and Gentlemen Gather round for a clash of the mint-tins! Please keep in mind that I have limited this contest to Cmoy amps under $70 as is the price limit of most entry-level audiophiles.

Biosciencegeek:

8c2a_3.JPG

Bass Boost Cmoy v2.02

f94c_35.JPG

Penguin "Caffeine"

penguin_amp.jpg

Or, if you think you there is a better option for <$70, from ebay or any other site, post it here.

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 37
Can you pls tell me why did u vote Bass Boost over BioScience ? I am quite surprised, I would of thought that BS Geek would of been the cream of the crop.

Also in terms of build quality how would you compare the both?

I have found the buid quality of the BS Geek one to be very nice and very well finished.

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 37
My home built "C Moon"
Cmoy w/tle 2426 rail splitter, Alps pots, GD Audio OPA MOON HDAM ($30 shipped from a member here), run off 2 9volts or my laptop power supply, all housed in a $3 Rat Shack case. Well under $70 total spent and around 4 hours total work (mostly spent on making it all actually fit in the box
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaotic_angel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, Mr. Tumiwa, Kindly, if you can post the picture
wink.gif

Where exactly does one get one of these amps? I've searched the internet yet not found anywhere to actually buy the cmoy.

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnumxl711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where exactly does one get one of these amps? I've searched the internet yet not found anywhere to actually buy the cmoy.

Only available in Indonesia at the moment. The MoonVoice Nano is the result of combined efforts of fellow DIY and audio enthusiasts!

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only available in Indonesia at the moment. The MoonVoice Nano is the result of combined efforts of fellow DIY and audio enthusiasts!

Gents, pleased to introduce to you

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #15 of 37
my homebrew CMoy
biggrin.gif

follows exactly the Tangentsoft schematic, parts are as follows:
* BlackGate F 470uF rail capacitors
* Wima MKP10 0.22uF input capacitors
* Riken 1/2watt resistors (power rail, gain, input); 75ohm Takman resistors on the output, placed outside the feedback loop -- sort of a 'permanent' impedance adaptor
tongue.gif

* 2xAD825 opamp; Audio-gd Moon HDAM when a fellow's kind enough to lend it
tongue.gif

mates very well with my Alessandro MS1i
smily_headphones1.gif

the AD825 does very well with mellow musics, but still going strong for that occasional rock-out sessions
biggrin.gif

the Moon HDAM gives a darker soundsignature, wider soundstage, fullness, and it sounds so... emotive.
MS1i's intimacy + Moon's wide soundstage & emotion = pure bliss.

pictured with the Audio-gd HDAM & 2x9V batteries attached:
IMG_5679.jpg

EDIT: forgot to add that parts only costed me about ~ 40 bucks or so. the opamps (both AD825 and Moon) would set me back another 25 bucks each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back