C'mon guys. The SE530 Appreciation Thread. Triple Fi owners welcome
Apr 21, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #61 of 228
Hey guys. As a SE530 owner, I love to see that soo many people are enjoying the earphones as much as I am. Actually i wouldn't even call them earphones. More like masterpeices that are only surpassed by a naked female body. (or the UE customs...)

I have a problem fellow head-fiers. I have a 5g ipod video 30 gig. recently, i made the plung from AAC encoding to apple lossless. Ive been experiencing stuttering in my music. I HATE IT. a couple options:
1. Rockbox with lossless no EQ
2. Rockbox with AAC with EQ
3. Regular Ipod Software with ACC with EQ
4.other encoding

I really like the "electronic" EQ as recommended by DavidB. Brings out everything and I love the bass on it, but not as much as R & B (im a bass junkie). electronic eq + SE530 = eargasm.

All you guys with 5g/5.5g ipods, what are you guys running?

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #64 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@wolff
GET THE SE530 YOU MUST!
its about $100 more and sounds like $10000000000000000000 more

yeah man, but i'm really in doubt if i should go for se530s or triple.fis (yay, my budget expanded)... you guys feel welcome to defend each other if you think necessary, it would clarify my mind... i use an ipod with no amp, and listen mostly to all kinds of rock (and metal) and some blues
cool.gif

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #65 of 228
@wolff: The thing you will hear most of about the se530 is the bass. The bass is spectacular. IMO better than the QC2 bloated bass. Its almost as powerful but it feels more controlled. A lot more controlled. The weakest link of the SE530 is the highs. The Triple-fis will own the se530 in highs.

You should wait for a better reply because i dont exactly remember the exact list of pros and cons of each.

I will give you my opinion though. I listen to almost everything. Rap and hip hop music is beautiful with these. I love the booming bass. Its incredible. Rock is pretty good on these earphones. Sometimes I want to hear the detail of rock music, so i turn up the volume but then have to turn it town because it is too loud. Nothing to sneeze at. Im really picky though.
Techno is incredible. In the same league as rap. The bass compliments the genre well. Jazz is pretty good, but if you're really into jazz and classical, go for the trip.fis.
I dont listen to classical, but thats what ive heard from other users.
If you plan on getting the SE530's, download the song "Paper Planes" by M.I.A and listen to them a few times on your sonys or something. Then, when you get the shures, rediscover it. That song explains it all. (Great song BTW)

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #66 of 228
Im just listening to mogwai - Superheroes of BMX... i dunno if anyone knows that song? far out... se530's just bring a tear to my eye. the start of the track simply has a kick drum and nothing else. I just love how the se530 produce kick drums...SO DAMN GOOD. so nice, so warm and so punchy.

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #67 of 228
I think Atrio M5/8's bass is better than Shure SE530.. it's much tighter and punchier, albeit the almost non-existent highs, lol.
You might want to consider them wolff for your music preference.

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #68 of 228
agreed. the atrios are very good from what ive heard. Mike V. from Freq City Sounds (authorized westone dealer) and i were talking when i was interested in the westone um2's (so glad i went with the se530s). He actually recommended the atrios over the um2's is it was primarily for ipod use. Check um out wolff

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #70 of 228
you'll love the 530's
smily_headphones1.gif

just remember the electronic eq setting, really works well.

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #71 of 228
I find that the SE530's travel much better than the TFP's. The "L" shape of the TFP plus memory wire is difficult to just stuff away in a case and then take out and re-adjust before use.

Apr 22, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #72 of 228
Hmmm...lessee...

Shure SE530 Appreciation thread: 8 pages

Triple Fi 10 Pro Appreciation thread: 18 pages

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

j/k!

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #73 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...lessee...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

j/k!

give it time, give it time
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #74 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. As a SE530 owner, I love to see that soo many people are enjoying the earphones as much as I am. Actually i wouldn't even call them earphones. More like masterpeices that are only surpassed by a naked female body. (or the UE customs...)

I have a problem fellow head-fiers. I have a 5g ipod video 30 gig. recently, i made the plung from AAC encoding to apple lossless. Ive been experiencing stuttering in my music. I HATE IT. a couple options:
1. Rockbox with lossless no EQ
2. Rockbox with AAC with EQ
3. Regular Ipod Software with ACC with EQ
4.other encoding

I really like the "electronic" EQ as recommended by DavidB. Brings out everything and I love the bass on it, but not as much as R & B (im a bass junkie). electronic eq + SE530 = eargasm.

All you guys with 5g/5.5g ipods, what are you guys running?

i just use 5.5g ipod running recent build of rockbox. the rockbox EQ is stunning, everything can be improved dramatically from the highs to a serious soundstage. rockbox is the way to go IMO especially as its as stable as ever.

edit: also, you will notice a dramatically reduced hiss!! a huge bonus

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #75 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...lessee...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

j/k!

Triple Fi is has only recently become popular the past few months because of tip mods/comply. But SE530 has been getting far more praise over the long run. A year ago the number of posts praising two IEM's favored SE530 by about 10:1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back