Closed back, neutral, large soundstage
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JCRG

100+ Head-Fier
Heya, I want to try something more dense than my current SRH1540, something with better isolation, sub bass extension and low distortion. My current DAC is the Opus#11 (awesome dac for the size).

Budget is around 500-ish USD, could go a little higher if it's really worth it.

Thanks in advance! :)

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 10
You've almost literally described the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro.

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 10
Well then you not really after neutral.

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 10
You've almost literally described the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro.

The thing with these Beyers is that there seems to be inconsistency regarding how hot/sibilant the highs can get, some people have described them as fatiguing, the bass extension seems to be on point however, with just the slightest boost.

Sub bass extension and low distortion, hello Audioquest Nightowl Carbon.

These seem like a really good option! I wonder if they have balanced 2.5 mm cables from the official manufacturer.

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 10
The thing with these Beyers is that there seems to be inconsistency regarding how hot/sibilant the highs can get, some people have described them as fatiguing, the bass extension seems to be on point however, with just the slightest boost.

These seem like a really good option! I wonder if they have balanced 2.5 mm cables from the official manufacturer.
I don't think so, but don't quote me on that. Balanced cables aren't hard to source for it though. I had one made through Arctic Cables.

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 10
If you could stretch a bit, you could get into a ZMF Blackwood, which would be fantastic. Or, you might be able to find a used one for a bit less.

I did consider those! They seem super duper nice, but they are quite expensive if new, I wonder if I could find some used ones that ship to my country.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back