Classical music discussion, what do you like?
Dec 12, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #1,906 of 2,850
Why didn't you just buy the download? Faster fix. :ksc75smile:
Horowitz?
All this time....we thought you had been hypnotized by YUJA ! :triportsad: What happened?? :dt880smile:

All good, FB1. :)

-
I feel that im missing something important if i don't own an official "product".
Also, i want to support these Artists, and buying a CD, is the best way i can do it, other then buying a ticket to a show.
CM, Im a unique audiophile, music lover, in that i don't own any (downloaded) wav files or belong to any Music sites where you can get "officially released" 96K, files..........etc, etc, etc.
Im "old school".
Im like time turned back, in my approach to listening to, and appreciating.. music.
I feel that cherry picking songs, is cheating the artist, and cheating myself.

I dont consider music to be a file on a HD that is full of disposable file(s), .. i consider it to be a magical collection of moments, called "songs" or "compositions".
The whole concept of "downloading" music, to me, is an unfortunate situation, because it is killing "full length" offerings..... and soon there will be nothing "tactile" and real, that you can get your hands on, because of both illegal downloading and legal downloading.
Soon, you'll pay the same amount for 10 (new) songs, that you download, that have no artwork you can enjoy, and no LITERAL CD or Album you can hold and analyze.
That for me, feels like a tragic loss.
So, all the record companies, will still make the same MINT as before, but you'll get LESS for your money.
You'll get a file, and that is ALL YOU WILL GET.
I hate this.
I hate the idea of this as the soon coming reality, regarding the way (new) music is offered to me, and i can't do anything about it.

So, that is why i actually paid for a real Alice Sara Ott, CD, = an entire and complete account of her newest and wonderful work.
Its the same reason i just bought . Nathalie Stutzmann's... "Heroes from the Shadows",.... and obo 15 other CDs this month, so far.

Now, aren't you glad you asked me?...........:)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,908 of 2,850
When Glenn Gould slaved over his "Opus 1", he discovered that he needed to get back to playing Bach on his piano while avoiding all the pedals.
So, this young girl is a gift.
I hope she's able to continue.
-
-
-

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,909 of 2,850
-
I dont consider music to be a file on a HD that is full of disposable file(s), ..
The whole concept of "downloading" music, to me, is an unfortunate situation, because it is killing "full length" offerings.....
Soon, you'll pay the same amount for 10 (new) songs, that you download, that have no artwork you can enjoy, and no LITERAL CD or Album you can hold and analyze.

So, all the record companies, will still make the same MINT as before, but you'll get LESS for your money.
I hate this.
So, that is why i actually paid for a real Alice Sara Ott, CD, = an entire and complete account of her newest and wonderful work.
...........:)

heh heh heh heh

*sigh*

Oh the fallacies that are rampant.

Ignorance is Bliss
-- George Orwell, 1984

---------

Facts:
- digitized files/albums are complete and unedited, when bought from authorized dealers online.
-digitized albums/tracks sold by authorized websites are endorsed by the artists, and the latter receive compensation for bought files
-digital downloads often are superior in SQ (YMMV) to CDs
- digital albums often come with the same booklet as the CD -- advantage? I can view the notes/art on my nice, big tablet and not have to squint at the fine print in the CD booklet.
- how does one "analyze" a CD disc held in one's hand?

Yes, pirating exists -- with CDs too. How many people buy CDs, rip them, and then give the ripped files to friends? That's really ripping off the artists (pun intended).

cheers FB1, all good;
music (and the media containing it) are journeys of learning and experience.

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #1,911 of 2,850
heh heh heh heh

*sigh*

Oh the fallacies that are rampant.

Ignorance is Bliss
-- George Orwell, 1984

---------

Facts:
- digitized files/albums are complete and unedited, when bought from authorized dealers online.
-digitized albums/tracks sold by authorized websites are endorsed by the artists, and the latter receive compensation for bought files
-digital downloads often are superior in SQ (YMMV) to CDs
- digital albums often come with the same booklet as the CD -- advantage? I can view the notes/art on my nice, big tablet and not have to squint at the fine print in the CD booklet.
- how does one "analyze" a CD disc held in one's hand?

Yes, pirating exists -- with CDs too. How many people buy CDs, rip them, and then give the ripped files to friends? That's really ripping off the artists (pun intended).

cheers FB1, all good;
music (and the media containing it) are journeys of learning and experience.

Yes, i know all that.
That is why i dont use it.

See, for me, i need something in my hand that is connected to the artist.
I need to feel the joy of unwrapping something REAL.
= This is not a "screen".
You are happy with a screen, looking at a screen, and feel that this is the same as having a real Album, CD and Artwork, or you would not have posted what you just wrote.
But it isn't, .....you see.
"fallacy".
See, G-Orwell.......:)

------
This......i need this. not a file, not a screen....but THIS ~
-
-

Z NEED.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #1,912 of 2,850
For me, it's about the MUSIK. Its quality (sound); presentation; performance.

Not the cover art or a plastic disc/case, or a tiny booklet.

cheers

p.s. I'm not sayin' CDs aren't cool -- they are, I have too many LOL. The space I would save is enormous and worth shifting to digital files.
btw, you do know that CDs are digital files, don't you? Carried on a plastic ring. Sold at inflated prices in a plastic case. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #1,913 of 2,850

Ummm,
until i explained the fact that by the time the German authorities realized the shame they faced in the halls of history, they, by then had no idea where to find Mozart's burial hole or corpse, so, the entire
"Mozart's grave", that you can visit....is a shame.....
"History", is always being tweeked by people who dont like the facts., and the true story of Mozart's burial and what happened subsequent to it, is a conspiritorial historical farce.
So...This is something new to consider that ive shown those who care to follow me here, and find it enjoyable or at least "different", , and thats the reason you can still read about where to go and visit , literally, where Mozart is buried, ......:)
But he's not there.
I wonder who is?????
And now you know.
Because, I told you.
So, what happened to Mozart's dead body, does matter, when the history books, lie, to cover up the truth.
This matters, because truth matters. And because what happened to him, this genius, this incredibly universally adored person, whose musical gift for melody and invention, ...is it surpassed by any other composer.???... So, what happened to him is a monstrosity.
The only person, seemingly, who does not love Mozart and some or all of his music, is Glenn Gould, and this is acceptable, because Glenn was borderline insane, and he was also incredibly gifted.
So, we can tolerate his dumb envy of Mozart, because Glenn, was also something special .....something very special.

I think we, all of us as lovers of classical music, have a love for each of these artists, as we feel deeply connected to their music,.....and by this we feel also very connected to their inner magic, and thus, to the heart of them all.
We love them, and we love their music.
This is a beautiful connection, that connects us to them, to their art, and to each other, who listen to it and adore it.
I just waited a month to get Alice Sara Ott's new CD, imported, as its not available in the States, at that time, just so i could immerse myself in her magic, and music, and make a video, or a few.
So, that is obsession, and im obsessed with not just her music making.
But with music, with virtuoso's, in general.
I came to the throne of Classical music because when i was younger, i saw a Documentary on V. Horowitz, and i was entranced by his fingers flying across the keys. I felt like i was watching MAGIC. And from that moment i began to learn about Mozart, then then next one, and then the next one, and this piece, and that one, and it just kept on going.
Its the same experience i have with many genres` of music. I become entranced by it, and that is my doorway into the magic of it..
What could be better?
Music gets you HIGH, and using really good headphones to listen to really good music, gets you the "HIGHEST".
Listening to, writing, and performing music, is a transforming, transformative, experience.
Music connects us, classical music connects us, as a family of listeners.
Loving headphones, and being passionate about listening to music using them, connects us here, the same way.
Thats how i see it, and that is how i feel about it.

The fact is.....this world is a cold, cruel, dark, place, and it was the same in 1756-1791, just like it will be tomorrow., and special/gifted/remarkable people like Mozart, the ultra special among us, often find that they are the most hated and the most abused .
Terrible, yet true.

Enjoyed it Christer.. thx.

fb1
Hello again FB1,
Nice to know that you love music so do I.

But as far as the facts around Mozart's grave that you are making so much fuss around I have to say again.
No I don't know this because you told me.

Besides you have got some basic facts wrong.

Mozart was Austrian born in Salzburg in Austria and died in Vienna so we are not talking about German authorities but Austrian ones to begin with.
And as far as whose body lies in the official grave I maintain it doesn't really matter much whose bones are there or not.
And Mozart himself probably could not have cared less either.

Christians and some others need a grave to mourn at or remember someone dead at for personal psychological reasons.
That is what the offical grave is about really.
And most other graves too for that matter.
And nobody is there in any grave.

The Christian obsession with placing dead bodies in coffins under ground is becoming a bit of a problem in some places. They take up a lot of space.
And where would they all go at Christianity's promised Resurrection Day?
Planet Earth is already severally overpopulated as it is isn't it?

Most humans have great problems with the fact that they are one day going to die.

But the fact is:Death is a biological necessity for life on Earth.
Without death there would be no life.

As far as Mozart is concerned there are reasons to believe that he was not afraid of death as such though.

He mentioned death and his thoughts on it as"Das Endziel unseres Lebens"THE endgoal of our existence, and mentioned in one that he never went to bed at night without the thought that it could have been his last day on Earth,in some of his very personal letters.
And he was also a Freemason so there are indeed reasons to believe he was more concerned with a possible afterlife than what would happen to his mortal frame of flesh and bones after death.

There are also reasons to believe that he did not care much for the Catholic Church in general and his own employer in his younger days in Salzburg in particular.
"Arschloch" "shithole" and other not very flattering words he used about the Archbishop in Salzburg were for pretty good reasons I believe.
Already in his days priesthood obviously tended to attract not very nice characters as still to this day it seems to do quite regularly imho.

The person Wolfgang Amadeus "loved by God" Mozart who died far too young at the age of only 35 suffered in his last days in severe ilness or from actually having been poisoned.

The poisoning theory if true, would be a truly monstrous fate indeed for one of the greatest geniuses in Western Musical History yes.

And that rumour actually partly originated from Mozart himself so I would not rule it out, even if the Film Amadeus maybe took some liberties with it..
But who really knows?

As you say it is a cold and brutal world out there and it is quite probable that Salieri and maybe others were indeed very envious of Mozart as composer.
People are killed for trifles every day.
What I am trying to say again, is that what happened to Mozart in his life matters much much more than where his bones are.
And what really matters,is his sublime music!
Cheers Controversial Christer

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #1,914 of 2,850
-
I feel that im missing something important if i don't own an official "product".
Also, i want to support these Artists, and buying a CD, is the best way i can do it, other then buying a ticket to a show.
CM, Im a unique audiophile, music lover, in that i don't own any (downloaded) wav files or belong to any Music sites where you can get "officially released" 96K, files..........etc, etc, etc.
Im "old school".
Im like time turned back, in my approach to listening to, and appreciating.. music.
I feel that cherry picking songs, is cheating the artist, and cheating myself.

I dont consider music to be a file on a HD that is full of disposable file(s), .. i consider it to be a magical collection of moments, called "songs" or "compositions".
The whole concept of "downloading" music, to me, is an unfortunate situation, because it is killing "full length" offerings..... and soon there will be nothing "tactile" and real, that you can get your hands on, because of both illegal downloading and legal downloading.
That for me, feels like a tragic loss.
I hate this.
I hate the idea of this as the soon coming reality, regarding the way (new) music is offered to me, and i can't do anything about it.

Its the same reason i just bought . Nathalie Stutzmann's... "Heroes from the Shadows",.... and obo 15 other CDs this month, so far.

Now, aren't you glad you asked me?...........:)

Hi again fb1 how do you play your cds?
Do you own a Chord BLU2?
For me also a bit of an audiophile, that is the only cd player I know of that makes cds really listenable to me.But still not as good as the native hi res files everything else equal.
I don't have a BLU2.
That is one of the reasons why I always go for the native hi res downloads of the music I buy unless it is an LP of course.
And since basically everything has been recorded at clearly audibly higher quality in the first place since many years I stopped buying cds already when SACD was introduced and with the actual native digital files as they were recorded available there is no reason to buy SQ compromised rbcds for me.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #1,915 of 2,850
Enjoyed what you wrote.
And who is the Father of Classical Music, if not for Bach?
And certainly, these composers lived in "different times"....and they had families, and the way they earned a living was not to spend 8 months in a studio, creating "Dark Side Of The Moon", at their record companies expense $$$$$
They wrote for patrons, the created music for students.......
They gave full performances of major works to 13 friends in a parlor........:)
In our age, the real composing is opera scores that support what is happening on a theater screen.
Movie soundtracks, are were you find the real composers of our age.
Mozart was made for writing movie soundtracks, as Opera is nothing more then a movie and a soundtrack performed on a stage and not on a screen.

Hmm when you say Mozart was made for writing soundtracks ,you have again got your basic facts a bit wrong I am afraid.

There is actually a quite well known quote by Mozart on texts and stage-settings for his Operas where he said in a letter to his father:
"Der Text muss der Musick gehorsamer Tochter seyn"
Freely translated as.The text has to follow the music not the other way around.
It is not as you think.
Mozart chose his librettists very carefully and they often worked in close contact with him to perfect things both the actual wording psychologically, and to be useable with the music Mozart had in mind.
Quite the opposite of a lot of Film music in fact.
Sorry if I appear a bit schoolmasterly in the above comments. But I have Einstein's 660 pages Mozart biography in quite fresh memory since reading it this past summer.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #1,916 of 2,850
Education and entertainment are benefits of a thread like this one.
FB1's somewhat misguided ideas concerning Mozart, Beethoven, and other composers are welcome as personal opinions and sources of entertainment.

cheers

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #1,917 of 2,850
When Glenn Gould slaved over his "Opus 1", he discovered that he needed to get back to playing Bach on his piano while avoiding all the pedals.
So, this young girl is a gift.
I hope she's able to continue.
-
-
-

Very interesting from such a young girl!

Her interview and appearance at Zeitgeist.com is also worth watching imho.

Among other things she mentions getting her ideas and melodies in her dreams sometimes.
Ok some of it is very girlish and almost too sugary sweet as one would expect from a preteen girl her age.
But nevertheless she seems genuinely very musically talented in a way few, if any other children her age are.
What she played in the videos I have watched so far reminded me a bit of how he also composed in his years of childhood.
Has Mozart reincarnated as a little girl?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #1,918 of 2,850
Yes, i know all that.
That is why i dont use it.

See, for me, i need something in my hand that is connected to the artist.
I need to feel the joy of unwrapping something REAL.
= This is not a "screen".
You are happy with a screen, looking at a screen, and feel that this is the same as having a real Album, CD and Artwork, or you would not have posted what you just wrote.
But it isn't, .....you see.
"fallacy".
See, G-Orwell.......:)

------
This......i need this. not a file, not a screen....but THIS ~
-
-

I have to admit I feel much the same as you obviously do for your cds, but for my LPs.
I have around ten shelf metres of LPs back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back