CK10 or RE-ZERO?
Sep 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 19
If you finances permit, look into e-Q7 by Ortofon. This are also BA drivers but are considered better by some head-fi members then Ck10. I personally prefer e-Q7 over any AT earphones. For references read e-Q7 threads such as this:
rhttp://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/472085/ortofon-e-q7-s-in-the-uk

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 19
Those sound sweet, but I might as well invest in some customs if I want to jump the 300 wing-wang mark.
etysmile.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 19
I prefer RE252 (modded, see sig) to both. I believe RE262 will be a better shaped RE252, so I recommend to wait for it.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 19
For under $200 bones you can have DBA-02 (dual BA driver from Russia with love)
Radius DDM (Dual Dynamic Driver from Japan with lots of base and sound stage.
Panasonic HJE900 Single driver sold in the USA for under 100 bons.
There are few other alternatives but this are the current new IEMs with lot to offer.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
I prefer RE252 (modded, see sig) to both. I believe RE262 will be a better shaped RE252, so I recommend to wait for it.

x2

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #10 of 19
I heard that the DBA-02 sound like a better RE0 in terms of balance, but with a bit more aggression and power.
The panasonic and Audio technicha ones are tanked when it comes to build quality, though.

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 19
CK10 have the best highs on any iem I have heard. I had fit problems with mine because I have manly earholes and they are made for small oriental people :)
Use shure or etymotic triple flange tips and they are great if you want fast detailed and balanced sound.

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #14 of 19
If highs really are not your thing I would say maybe to avoid the ck10's. The CK10's are the best iem's I have ever used in terms of build quality and fit *have very small ears*. In regards to sound, the soundstage is second to none, no other IEM I have tried has been able to create an almost out of body experience like they could. The detail is great as well. 

I would say if your more budget concerned go RE-ZERO, I had a pair of RE0's and thought they were pretty good and a great value at the price however I would rank the CK10's above them in everything.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 19
I would take the CK10 over most universals out on the market today however there are some that I suspect to have similar sound signature that I have not heard such as the RE252 and probably the RE262 when that is released. The CK10 are the best built earphone I've owned with the best cables in any universal.

Sound wise it really depends. It's not a popular signature since it is fairly neutral and flat with the exception of a peak in the upper mids which not everyone likes like kostalex mentioned. I do but many do not. However gl finding a CK10 at $200 or less. They are pretty much the perfect universal for me and I'll probably buy them again in the future after I get some customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back