Christian Rock
Apr 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #46 of 109
I am finding some nice bands out of this thread.

For those of you that want to drop back to the 80s and you like the slow driving metal beat of an Ozzie or Sabbath.. (I know sacrilegious) I have one for you

The Seventh Power, with an album by the same name, start off with the first track Christ Died..

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #48 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not specifically Christian, but The Flower Kings reference God and overall positive messages throughout their releases. Good Stuff!

Good stuff...no, great stuff.
beerchug.gif

..and yes! Neal Morse.

PROGRESSIVE ROCK SUPERGROUP
REUNITES FOR NEW STUDIO ALBUM.
POSSIBLE LATE 2009 RELEASE PLANNED.

TRANSATLANTIC, the progressive rock "supergroup" comprised of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) and Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard), have reunited after a 7 year hiatus to begin work on a brand new studio album.

The band began work on the album in early April in Nashville and are expected to have it released by year's end if all goes as planned.

TRANSATLANTIC have previously released two studio albums to tremendous critical and fan acclaim: 2000's SMPTe and 2001's Bridge Across Forever. The band toured on the heels of each release with an American Tour in 2000 and a European Tour in 2001 and released subsequent Live DVD's/CD's from both tours before going their separate ways for an indefinite hiatus which lasted almost the entire decade.

transatlantic2009.jpg

Pete Trewavas, Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Roine Stolt

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #50 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cant believe no one in this thread mentioned hillsongs

No way in Hell are they rock, let alone Christian Rock.

Apr 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #54 of 109
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Pedro the Lion. I used to think that Christian Rock was rock without all the good bits. Then I came across Pedro the Lion and had a huge Seattle shaped hole in my belief. Now my views have changed somewhat.

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #55 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does 'Swans - Children of God' count as Christian Rock music?

Eeehhh...no. Not even rock much less Christian rock. I would classify that let's rip off the cure and bauhaus or something...lol

IMO...

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #56 of 109
Does anyone hear Christian undertones in Sufjan Stevens's music? I know he used to hang out with members of the Danielson Famile.

The best overtly Christian thing that's come my way in a couple of years is more country-ish:

Buddy and Julie Miller - Universal United House of Prayer

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #57 of 109
Delirious is an interesting group from the UK.

If anyone is interested in Christian rock with a latin flair check out Salvador.

East West was also interesting, but not around anymore I do not think.

Again another bump for Rez Band.

Newsboys have some good stuff out there as well.

Tree-63 is a decent 3 piece band from South Africa.

Oh yeah and again... P.O.D.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #58 of 109
Oh my goodness. Fantastic thread; I'm enjoying both Neal Morse and Theocracy right now.

Apr 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #59 of 109
jon foreman/switchfoot
audio adrenaline
adam again
sixpence none the richer
sanctus real
tenth avenue north
tree63
building 429
phil keaggy
the myriad

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #60 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eeehhh...no. Not even rock much less Christian rock. I would classify that let's rip off the cure and bauhaus or something...lol

IMO...

Hardly. And if you listen to the lyrics on the album Children of God closely you will clearly see they are far more spiritual than 99% of phony Christian Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back