Christian Rock
May 4, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #106 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, but 'I Am God' by Virgin Prunes is one of my favourite songs so had to throw it in there and some of their music is definitely influenced by Christianity but perhaps not in a positive way.

Well, that seems to have been sorta true for a lot of post-punk/goth bands

May 4, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #107 of 109
Check these people out:

CD Baby: KANAWORMZ: Volume One

I bought them over two years ago, and they are very VERY different from most christian rock I have heard. I am digging their style. The whole "equivalent to Passion of the Christ thing" is more of a gimmick, though, as it resembles nothing of it.

Regardless, listen to some samples. Great stuff.

May 4, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #108 of 109
Christian bands seem to come and go for me very quickly, but I've always loved Jars of Clay. They're the Beatles of CCM for me.

Another great Christian band (who I would hesitate to label as "rock") would be mewithoutYou. Fantastic lyrics.

I'm also partial to the Christian metal band Becoming the Archetype, they write some pretty solid Opeth-esque music, and their theology is sound.

May 4, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #109 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzemedal97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Christian bands seem to come and go for me very quickly, but I've always loved Jars of Clay. They're the Beatles of CCM for me.

Really? I always figured DC Talk for being the Beatles of CCM, in particular their last album "Supernatural" which has a very "late Beatles" production sort of influence.

Generally speaking though, I think most Christian rock music is sub-par. The bands I listed being a bit of an exception.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back