Chord Mojo vs ipad/iphone
Oct 13, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #106 of 140
Never in my experience one I’ve heard the iPhone’s output (starting with 5c) is analytical. Sometimes it sounds a bit soft depending on your HP. I find that entry level DAC amp have a more analytical taste to them to show superior detail retrieval yet they are devoid of musicality

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #107 of 140
Ok I just received my mojo with cable accessories pack, when first hook up with my iPhone 7+ it work fine for couple minutes and message pop up say it not compatible, and stop working, my iPhone 7+ is on the latest iOS, so I tried the mojo on couple of my friend iPhone with older iOS and it work fine, is there anyway we can get the latest iOS to work with the mojo thanks

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #108 of 140
Ok I just received my mojo with cable accessories pack, when first hook up with my iPhone 7+ it work fine for couple minutes and message pop up say it not compatible, and stop working, my iPhone 7+ is on the latest iOS, so I tried the mojo on couple of my friend iPhone with older iOS and it work fine, is there anyway we can get the latest iOS to work with the mojo thanks
Try it with the usb cable and camera adapter, that pack or whatever that black block is called, is junk it’s only so your phone lines up better when you go portable

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #110 of 140
For me iPad is tolerable for ie800, iPhone 7 with lightning adapter intolerable for ie800, mojo of course is great (as claimed on numerous posts on ie800 thread ), I hear ifi idsd black label is as good as mojo for ie800. Never auditioned the black label though.
Interestingly iPhone 7 Plus to mojo is disappointing when compared to ipad or PC laptop. Maybe iPhone 7 outputs inadequate power via lightning port or is simply sub par as a music source.

Oct 18, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #111 of 140
Interestingly iPhone 7 Plus to mojo is disappointing when compared to ipad or PC laptop. Maybe iPhone 7 outputs inadequate power via lightning port or is simply sub par as a music source.

Try PC-MOJO and straight out of ipad Jack. And compare. What hp are you using?

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #112 of 140
Try PC-MOJO and straight out of ipad Jack. And compare. What hp are you using?
Oh PC laptop-mojo beats out the iPad headphone jack on any headphone. The difference depends on headphones, genre and recording. I use headphones ranging from cheap soundmagic e10C all the way to Sennheiser HD800S as can be seen in my signature. I m ok listening casually to iPad jack on soundmagic e10C, 1more triple driver, Sennheiser HD598Cs. Beyerdynamic dt770 pro80 and Sennheiser HD650 are ok if I interpose a headphone amp ie ipad ->amp->headphones. With Sennheiser ie800, HD800S and hifiman he400i I need the mojo/hugo2 sourced by PC laptop/ iPad.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #113 of 140
Oh PC laptop-mojo beats out the iPad headphone jack on any headphone. The difference depends on headphones, genre and recording. I use headphones ranging from cheap soundmagic e10C all the way to Sennheiser HD800S as can be seen in my signature. I m ok listening casually to iPad jack on soundmagic e10C, 1more triple driver, Sennheiser HD598Cs. Beyerdynamic dt770 pro80 and Sennheiser HD650 are ok if I interpose a headphone amp ie ipad ->amp->headphones. With Sennheiser ie800, HD800S and hifiman he400i I need the mojo/hugo2 sourced by PC laptop/ iPad.

So you hear a difference with ie800 from mojo vs straight from Jack on ipad? Do you have some examlpe of tracks? Would love to hear the difference between mojo-ipad and ipad alone. Have been trying hard but can only on some tracks hear a tiny difference with ie800.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #114 of 140
So you hear a difference with ie800 from mojo vs straight from Jack on ipad? Do you have some examlpe of tracks? Would love to hear the difference between mojo-ipad and ipad alene. Have been trying hard but can only on some tracks hear a tiny difference with ie800.
I had mentioned this on an earlier post as an example

Lockdown, Transformers: Age of Extinction
Pay attention to bass note defintion and depth, blackness of background, the absence of grating with the distortion bass notes, the separation of the bowed instrument at 1:20

On most albums by Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, junkie XL, Ramin Djawadi and like composers, I can notice the differences.

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #115 of 140
So you hear a difference with ie800 from mojo vs straight from Jack on ipad? Do you have some examlpe of tracks? Would love to hear the difference between mojo-ipad and ipad alene. Have been trying hard but can only on some tracks hear a tiny difference with ie800.

I think the whole point is the little difference in some cases in SQ. The quick run to the grocery store or while waiting for my daughters piano lesson my iPhone is extremely impressive.

Critical listening is a whole different thing when you get into spending $$$$ in this hobby. Spending little $$$$ reaps enjoyable music vs open air 2 channel stereo or elaborate theatre configurations.

Convenient apple products is a good solution for portable phone already in your pocket.

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #116 of 140
I just got the iPad pro 10,5. Its Even better then the air 2. SQ is really Nice. Testing with aeon.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #118 of 140
Oct 30, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #119 of 140
What cable/s do you have on? I use a meenova lightning-to-micro USB cable which worked fine before on an iPhone 6s+.

I'd like to know if the official Apple CCK (USB3) would fix the issue or not; I'm confused now after reading statements that say both yes it will and no it won't.

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #120 of 140
What cable/s do you have on? I use a meenova lightning-to-micro USB cable which worked fine before on an iPhone 6s+.

I'd like to know if the official Apple CCK (USB3) would fix the issue or not; I'm confused now after reading statements that say both yes it will and no it won't.
I use Apple CCK3 + generic usb A to microusb B combination from iphone7plus and iPad Pro 9.7 to chord mojo and Hugo 2. I am running IOS 11.0.3. No issues so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back