Chord Mojo vs ipad/iphone
Oct 30, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #121 of 140
What cable/s do you have on? I use a meenova lightning-to-micro USB cable which worked fine before on an iPhone 6s+.

I'd like to know if the official Apple CCK (USB3) would fix the issue or not; I'm confused now after reading statements that say both yes it will and no it won't.

I am using the original usb cable that came with, and the apple camera connector usb. Works nice. Was most supprised that the iPad Pro 10,5” and the mojo sound so alike. Maybe a 5% difference in mojo being better, softens and darkens the sound a tiny little bit.

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #123 of 140
No :) it sound very much like the same

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #124 of 140
Haha. Good news. This means i no need to go for the mojo. My hrt dsp sound quite better than the iphone 6s, soo i am almoast sure that it is better than mojo too. Not bad for an under 100$ device.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #125 of 140
If you have DSD files and a player like the HF Onkyo you'll notice a difference.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #127 of 140
My iPhone X doesn't seem to recognise the Mojo (or the other way round). Is that my Mojo's problem or is it a problem in general?
Are you using Apple CCK 3?

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #128 of 140
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #129 of 140
Mojo just arrived for Xmas, paired with Iphone X + Noble X I can hear a difference, mainly in how the mojo put the music all together. The difference is not so much because the Iphone X itself sounds very good but it's still there.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #130 of 140
Here is not the Chord Mojo but the Oppo HA-2SE confronted with the iPhone X (with Onkyo HF and KaiserTone) + Campfire Andromeda: I just sent the Oppo back because I can barely notice a difference; it is for me just a bit better mainly on the speaker system in the AMP at high volume and with the IEM in the instrument separation. It is for me not worth to keep it.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #131 of 140
Anyone tried comparison between mojo and iphone 7 or newer ipad? I can't seem to spot much difference. The mojo seems a little darker in some tracks. Using tidal hifi. Anyone know anything about general sound quality output from iphone/ipad/imac?

I think a big part of it is going to be HOW we are using the MOJO with the iPad. I wonder if you are using the Camera Connection, if you are still just using the iPad's DAC and then going through the MOJO. I'll be getting the POLY next week which should allow me to stream TIDAL at 16/44 (CD quality...but still limited, sadly). I'll be listening for a difference then. By using the POLY, you by-pass the iPad DAC completely...

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #132 of 140
I think a big part of it is going to be HOW we are using the MOJO with the iPad. I wonder if you are using the Camera Connection, if you are still just using the iPad's DAC and then going through the MOJO. I'll be getting the POLY next week which should allow me to stream TIDAL at 16/44 (CD quality...but still limited, sadly). I'll be listening for a difference then. By using the POLY, you by-pass the iPad DAC completely...
I was under the impression lightning port already bypasses the internal DAC.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #133 of 140
Can someone recommend a good connector cable from Mojo to iPhone X?

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #134 of 140
Same here... I’m so pissed. Mojo it’s a little better, but hey... I don’t know if it justify the trouble of a stack and the mojo price...
I thi
I think you may be right...when I get the setup next week, you can bet that I will be testing the heck out of it in multiple configurations. I'll even be brining my Ray Samuals Emmeline Shadow into play to see if that adds something to the mix.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #135 of 140
I was using the camera cable connection cable. I should go pass ipads dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back