Chord Mojo vs ipad/iphone
Jan 10, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #136 of 140
I am using the original usb cable that came with, and the apple camera connector usb. Works nice. Was most supprised that the iPad Pro 10,5” and the mojo sound so alike. Maybe a 5% difference in mojo being better, softens and darkens the sound a tiny little bit.
I was using the camera cable connection cable. I should go pass ipads dac?
I guess it would...I've been reading up on it and it seems like it. But until I get my Mojo and my Poly, I won't be able to test on my iPad Pro 10.5. But believe me...when I get back to Manila (where they are waiting for me!), I will be testing the heck out of the complete setup and all possible iterations. I will even throw my RSA Shadow into the mix for good measure. That should give my Shure SE846s a good workout. :) Next week sometime...when I have something, I will post.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #137 of 140
I thi

I think you may be right...when I get the setup next week, you can bet that I will be testing the heck out of it in multiple configurations. I'll even be brining my Ray Samuals Emmeline Shadow into play to see if that adds something to the mix.
The main problem is the player being used or if you are using tidal/Pandora Ect. Many people say its 24/192 in a paid tidal subscription. Yes it does but it stills goes through your default audio source then to your external DAC. this is why it sounds just a little better. The best way is to always use a 3rd party player with your own music files. The best one i found is the Onkyo HF player, fixing the setting for Dop @ 5.2 will improve all your files. Not only your DSD, but mp3 and Flac. I have done this, during my search for DSD play back on foobar. Which foobar doesn't play DSD, it will read DSD and play it but not at DSD. It does say DSD, but not play back. Anyways try Onkyo HF player on your phone and adjust the settings for DSD through Dop @ 5.2. This will improve play back but not if your using spotify Ect only for your audio files Same goes for your PC.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #138 of 140
The main problem is the player being used or if you are using tidal/Pandora Ect. Many people say its 24/192 in a paid tidal subscription. Yes it does but it stills goes through your default audio source then to your external DAC. this is why it sounds just a little better. The best way is to always use a 3rd party player with your own music files. The best one i found is the Onkyo HF player, fixing the setting for Dop @ 5.2 will improve all your files. Not only your DSD, but mp3 and Flac. I have done this, during my search for DSD play back on foobar. Which foobar doesn't play DSD, it will read DSD and play it but not at DSD. It does say DSD, but not play back. Anyways try Onkyo HF player on your phone and adjust the settings for DSD through Dop @ 5.2. This will improve play back but not if your using spotify Ect only for your audio files Same goes for your PC.
Tidal on iOS devices (not macs) caps at lossless CD level resolution. I ve never seen resolution higher than lossless CD level (ie FLAC/ALAC level) on iOS tidal app. I think when playing through a n external dac connected to the iOS device, the cpu processes the files and sends it via lightning port to the external dac bypassing the internal dac.

Jan 10, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #139 of 140
Tidal on iOS devices (not macs) caps at lossless CD level resolution. I ve never seen resolution higher than lossless CD level (ie FLAC/ALAC level) on iOS tidal app. I think when playing through a n external dac connected to the iOS device, the cpu processes the files and sends it via lightning port to the external dac bypassing the internal dac.
Have you tried? Just try it, download onkyo player, A B from tidal to onkyo Same song, configure settngs on the onkyo to dop and listen. we understand how things suppose to work but sometimes it doesn't. Just try this and you will hear the difference in separation and vocals. Much cleaner and focused. Also on Mac, you can use JRiver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back