Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,036 of 1,084
No everything's fine. It also works without BitPerfect. But you can use Integer Mode with BitPerfect. You can also upsample and output native DSD with BitPerfect, that's why i use it (I know upsampling is not needed with the Mojo).
Newbie owner of Chord Mojo here. My full system has the Chord Blu2/Dave, so the Mojo is only for causal listening on my iPhone to streamed high Rez from Roon and Qobuz.
My previous experience with Chord products lead me to anticipate problems with getting the Mojo to work properly, and I must say Chord never disappoints in putting out products that don’t work. I bought from a reputed dealer and paid roughly $300, so I can’t complain much (not like my horror experience getting the Blu2 to work).
Anyway, I get a lot of distortion from the Mojo into a pair of Senheisser 600 headphones. Can the Mojo not drive 600 ohm headphones? Any advice on what might be wrong. Unit fully charged. Using the USB port with Apple’s lightning to USB cable.

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #1,037 of 1,084
Newbie owner of Chord Mojo here. My full system has the Chord Blu2/Dave, so the Mojo is only for causal listening on my iPhone to streamed high Rez from Roon and Qobuz.
My previous experience with Chord products lead me to anticipate problems with getting the Mojo to work properly, and I must say Chord never disappoints in putting out products that don’t work. I bought from a reputed dealer and paid roughly $300, so I can’t complain much (not like my horror experience getting the Blu2 to work).
Anyway, I get a lot of distortion from the Mojo into a pair of Senheisser 600 headphones. Can the Mojo not drive 600 ohm headphones? Any advice on what might be wrong. Unit fully charged. Using the USB port with Apple’s lightning to USB cable.
You could read the FAQ in post #3 of the Mojo thread.

Feb 5, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,038 of 1,084
You could read the FAQ in post #3 of the Mojo thread.
Update. I discovered my Mojo works great when plugged into my iPad Pro 12.9” model using Apple’s USB-C to USB converter. No distortion. The Mojo also works fine on an Android Xiaomi Note 10 Pro, although under Android, I can’t figure out how to enable high Rez audio. Clearly, the problem is only with my iPhone Xs Max with the Apple supplied lightning to USB cable. At least I know my Mojo is not defective. That’s a relief. I assume the distortion might be interference from the cellular phone on the Apple, although the Xiaomi shows no problems (it’s a far more advanced phone with 5G and a hugely more sophisticated camera and Snapdragon processor).

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,039 of 1,084
Hey all! Happy mojo user here for a while. Today my mojo stopped being recognized by my mac via usb (no updates or anything). Like a previous user the power button light recognizes that its connected but no option to select as output. The same holds true for a few other computers around the house. Any thoughts on a fix? PS it was working last night but today no luck. Tried swapping USB cables ect and restarts ect.

Apr 16, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #1,040 of 1,084
Hey all! Happy mojo user here for a while. Today my mojo stopped being recognized by my mac via usb (no updates or anything). Like a previous user the power button light recognizes that its connected but no option to select as output. The same holds true for a few other computers around the house. Any thoughts on a fix? PS it was working last night but today no luck. Tried swapping USB cables ect and restarts ect.
My USB in needed to be resoldered and Chord did that for me. It took a few months, but it was free of charge and I was way out of warranty, so no complaints.

If you can, just confirm the optical input works (you almost certainly have a TV or something with optical out around the house). If it does, it is probably a physical problem with your USB port which will require service.

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,041 of 1,084
Hi All,

Looking for some help, please.

Using Chord Mojo with Macbook Air M1, and works perfectly but for some reason, the sample frequency colours are not working/changing (only stays red) when running through Apple Music Lossless.

Any idea's of any fixes here?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,043 of 1,084
Hi All,

Looking for some help, please.

Using Chord Mojo with Macbook Air M1, and works perfectly but for some reason, the sample frequency colours are not working/changing (only stays red) when running through Apple Music Lossless.

Any idea's of any fixes here?

Thanks

You probably have your music player software downsampling everything to 44.1KHz. ... Check settings.

Jul 13, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,044 of 1,084
You probably have your music player software downsampling everything to 44.1KHz. ... Check settings.
Hey thanks - just checked this and it's set to High-Resolution Lossless (ALAC up to 24-bit/192 Khz)

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,045 of 1,084
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #1,047 of 1,084
Hello ppl, been asking in the Hugo thread instead and someone directed me here.
I am a new Mojo user.
Any suggestions about optimal IEM matching with this DAC?
Thanx
You misunderstood the poster - they were suggesting try this thread instead.
Many posters reckoned the Mojo had great synergy with many iems, but some of them will be 'out of production' now.
As to 'optimal' that will depend on many criteria such as your ears, your musical preferences, your budget, etc.

Posters here can only suggest a selection of iems for you to demo - the final decision about 'optimal' is one that only you can make.

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #1,048 of 1,084
Have done my best to find an answer to my problem here. Hope someone can help.

I've had a Chord Mojo since about 2015. I use it exclusively as part of my home system connected by USB cable to a Macbook running JRiver. About a year ago JRiver began randomly stopping -- the effect was identical to what would happen if you were to pull the USB from the Macbook. JRiver streams wirelessly to TV and Muso QB with no problem. It only cuts out when playing through the DAC.

I've troubleshot the issue by connecting the Mojo via the Macbook's other USB socket and by using two other USB cables, a cheap StarTech cable and an Audioquest Cinnamon (the latter bought especially to test the problem). I've also tried turning off the exclusive access and integer mode in JRiver's audio > device settings and altering
the hardware and software buffer settings. The issue persists.

My conclusion is that there must be a fault in the Mojo or in the way I am using it. I keep it connected to mains power while it is in use and switch it off then turn it off at the mains when not. Am I doing anything wrong?

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #1,049 of 1,084
Hi All. I'm new to Mojo using it with my old MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7.
I have a spare audiophile USB cable I would like to try with it but it is standard USB rather than microUSB.
Does anyone know if a suitable adapter is available?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #1,050 of 1,084
Has anyone had the issue of the Mojo disconnecting randomly? I am using it as a desktop DAC and have disconnected the battery to prevent the device from overheating as it's always plugged in. Does anyone have a solution for this? If not, are there comparable desktop dacs that can provide a similar sound signature with a Fostex TH-900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back