Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 18, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,006 of 1,082
Has anyone experienced issues with Chord Mojo using line level mode? Upon first use (today), I've set to line level mode and am getting terrible distortion when connected to line level inputs of my Outlaw RR2160 receiver. I can reduce the Mojo volume to eliminate the distortion, but shouldn't this be unnecessary?

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1,007 of 1,082
Has anyone experienced issues with Chord Mojo using line level mode? Upon first use (today), I've set to line level mode and am getting terrible distortion when connected to line level inputs of my Outlaw RR2160 receiver. I can reduce the Mojo volume to eliminate the distortion, but shouldn't this be unnecessary?
I think the line mode outputs 3 V, and maybe your amp is clipping with that much input voltage.
Some amps won’t take more than a couple volts

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #1,008 of 1,082
I think the line mode outputs 3 V, and maybe your amp is clipping with that much input voltage.
Some amps won’t take more than a couple volts
Thanks - Yes, I just stumbled upon a discussion on another site, where they recommended adjusting the Mojo volume (beginning at 0 then 68 steps up should approximate 1.9V). Wish I had known about this issue prior to purchase. I've seen no mention of this phenomenon on any of the product reviews I've seen. Looks like a giant PITA for someone wanting to use the line-level feature frequently.

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #1,009 of 1,082
Thanks - Yes, I just stumbled upon a discussion on another site, where they recommended adjusting the Mojo volume (beginning at 0 then 68 steps up should approximate 1.9V). Wish I had known about this issue prior to purchase. I've seen no mention of this phenomenon on any of the product reviews I've seen. Looks like a giant PITA for someone wanting to use the line-level feature frequently.
Well, if you have it set to that voltage, it will remember it when you turn it on again

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #1,010 of 1,082
Setting to line level and then 4 clicks down is also 1.9V and is easier than 68 steps up!

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #1,012 of 1,082
It is described often enough in the head-fi Mojo thread, including the FAQ, so hardly kept secret.
Just set line out, then 4 clicks volume down to get 1.9V - hardly a PITA.

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #1,013 of 1,082
It is described often enough in the head-fi Mojo thread, including the FAQ, so hardly kept secret.
Just set line out, then 4 clicks volume down to get 1.9V - hardly a PITA.
Not a PiTA since the Mojo remembers the voltage setting, as Dana kindly pointed out.

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #1,014 of 1,082
Hi, I have found recently that I’m getting intermittent cutout on the right side of one of the headphone jacks on my Chord Mojo, which I purchased in April 2016. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to get it repaired? I’m out of warranty but don’t really want to be faced with a huge repair bill!

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,015 of 1,082
Hi, I have found recently that I’m getting intermittent cutout on the right side of one of the headphone jacks on my Chord Mojo, which I purchased in April 2016. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to get it repaired? I’m out of warranty but don’t really want to be faced with a huge repair bill!

Yeah just check your soldering on the jack plugs. If you can't see any obvious crack in the solder, try a magnifying glass. Or just reheat the solder on the pins, just long enough to make it runny and then let it cool. If that doesn't fix it, there is the chance that the jack socket is faulty.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #1,016 of 1,082
There have been a handful of owners post about it in the main Mojo thread, so you are best searching that thread (searching using Google can find head-fi posts, where it is difficult to think of a single search term to use).
Your headphone socket has probably just worn away with several years of inserting headphone plugs.
The cheapest solution will always be to DIY the repair yourself, if you feel confident with soldering.
The mojo case is easy to open with the correct screwdriver bit, and from memory, owners reckon that the sockets are straightforward to de-solder and then replace.
Hope this helps.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/post-14436245

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #1,017 of 1,082
I'm having a problem. When I power up Mojo the power button cycles through the colors and the volume buttons light up, all like normal.

However, while the volume buttons remain lit, the power button goes dark. It will not stay on.

The charging light shows green.

??

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1,019 of 1,082
How does one RMA a Mojo? Unfortunately had one of the 3.5mm ports break on me (no pressure or anything, just normal use). Purchased from Bloom Audio, who's an authorized dealer.

Oct 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #1,020 of 1,082
How does one RMA a Mojo? Unfortunately had one of the 3.5mm ports break on me (no pressure or anything, just normal use). Purchased from Bloom Audio, who's an authorized dealer.
Is your Mojo still under warranty?
The official procedure is to RMA via your dealer, who then either return the Mojo to Chord, or your countries authorised service centre.
Unfortunately not all dealers are proactive about doing this, so it can be worth emailing support@chordelectronics.co.uk and asking their opinion.

The worst case scenario, is that your Mojo is out of warranty, and the service centre wants $350 for what is a relatively simple repair.
There are a few posts on the main Mojo threads about this scenario, and the owners have posted about opening the Mojo case, removing the faulty port and then resoldering a new port in place.
So all is not lost, if you are confident in making a DIY repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back