Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #901 of 1,084
This site has been very good to me and I wanted to give back a little. I have an extra Apple Lightening to micro usb cable if anyone needs one. First person to send me a PM for it gets it.

This is the cable:
http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

It works perfectly for iPhone XS newest OS and Mojo.

Happy holidays and thank you all so much for all of the information that has lead to me being in headphone heaven.

**EDIT**

THIS IS CLOSED.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #902 of 1,084
What specific ios source device are you using? I am having a similar problem with a Dragonfly Red through the usb-c port of a new ipad pro 2018. The light color remains at 44.1 khz even though the Qobuz app is sending 24/96. Even more interesting is that when I attach the same dac to the lightning port of my iphone Xs Max or ipad mini 4, the light color changes to reflect the correct output resolution - so it appears to be a usb-c issue.
These sorts of issues are usually related to the audio settings - android defaults to 196, ios defaults to 41, so check your settings.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-874#post-12417207

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #903 of 1,084
What specific ios source device are you using? I am having a similar problem with a Dragonfly Red through the usb-c port of a new ipad pro 2018. The light color remains at 44.1 khz even though the Qobuz app is sending 24/96. Even more interesting is that when I attach the same dac to the lightning port of my iphone Xs Max or ipad mini 4, the light color changes to reflect the correct output resolution - so it appears to be a usb-c issue.

Yes as Mike said in the previous post. That sounds like an output setting in Qobuz.

I saw the exact same thing in JRiver. I was finding that a 192KHz album that I had just bought was showing up as 44.1KHz on my Chord. I think it was that all output was set to 44.1KHz in JRiver by default.

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #904 of 1,084
These sorts of issues are usually related to the audio settings - android defaults to 196, ios defaults to 41, so check your settings.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-874#post-12417207
All of my audio settings in Qobuz (sreaming and importing, both over wifi and cellular) are set to 24/192. This is true across all 3 ios devices, with all devices running ios 12.1.1. Therefore, my issue is not related to the Qobuz settings. The only differentiating factor is a lightning connection (on the iphone and the ipad mini)versus a usb-c connection (on the new ipad pro 2018).

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #905 of 1,084
I've had my mojo for about a year now and using it almost exclusively with JRiver 23 fed off a 2009 iMac through the Mojo to a Mcintosh MA6200.

On an off for the last 3-6 months I've been having an issue where I'll be listening to music for a bit and the sound will cut to a very loud consistent static. No music coming through, just 100% radio noise white static.

Hitting stop on JRiver stops the static.
Hitting play again will get me a minute or two of music before the static resumes.
Opening and closing JRiver will get me another minute or two of music before the static resumes. Usually power cycling the Mojo seems to solve this for a longer period.

I just tried using Vox as an alternate before power cycling the Mojo and it will play without static, but every ~2 minutes (I've not timed it), I'll get a single crack or pop.

Anyone else experience this? I'd love to fix it. I'm quite concerned it is damaging my speakers as when an amp is overloaded and cuts.

Edit: to add details

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #906 of 1,084
Looks like my usb input just went out on me. I'm devastated. Has anyone paid to have this fixed in the US? I'm well past warranty.

If it is too much, I may just get a new one and leave this one on desk or living room stereo detail.

thanks!

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #907 of 1,084
About 6 months ago one of the 3.5 outputs (the one on the side of the lights) started having issues. It only sounded right when the cable termination was held in a certain position. This was with all cables I tried. Just yesterday the same thing happened to the other 3.5 output.

It is out of warranty.

1. Who do I contact in the States for repair?

2. What type of cost am I looking at? It may be too costly to get repaired.

3. Is this a known issue?

I am sorry if this has been addressed before. I could not find the answers to my above questions.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #909 of 1,084
Contact your vendor. My vendor shipped it in to chord. I will find out later if it is a repair or replace and there will be any cost involved.
I bought it used. It was originally purchased in Switzerland but I am in the States. I will contact Chord directly and find out who they recommend to contact. Unless someone knows a better way to move forward.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #910 of 1,084
I bought it used. It was originally purchased in Switzerland but I am in the States. I will contact Chord directly and find out who they recommend to contact. Unless someone knows a better way to move forward.
Contact chord customer support in the first instance, and ask their advice.
In the worst case scenario, I think the occasional owner with a similar problem was able to open the case, and solder/replace the sockets themselves.
The details are probably on the main mojo thread.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #911 of 1,084
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #912 of 1,084
Hi.

My Mojo burned and disappeared from the red circle during charging.
It is in a state where charging is not possible now.
Is there someone who know this part?

VYW9mPd3.jpg

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #914 of 1,084
About 6 months ago one of the 3.5 outputs (the one on the side of the lights) started having issues. It only sounded right when the cable termination was held in a certain position. This was with all cables I tried. Just yesterday the same thing happened to the other 3.5 output.

It is out of warranty.

1. Who do I contact in the States for repair?

2. What type of cost am I looking at? It may be too costly to get repaired.

3. Is this a known issue?

I am sorry if this has been addressed before. I could not find the answers to my above questions.

Replying to my own post with updates:

I contacted Chord in UK. They gave me the place in CA that repairs Chord items. I had a friend here locally that owns an audio/electronics repair shop diagnose the issue. He diagnosed it as not anything to do with the soldering but actually the inside of the plugs were not functioning properly.

So I ordered four 3.5 jacks from the place in CA. (2 extra just in case). I had them installed locally by my friend.

All is good now and they work perfectly. Chord and the place in CA were great to work with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back