Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Nov 7, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #871 of 1,084
solved the problem... just deleted UAPP and all is fine now. maybe there was a setting for it but i tried all possible settings i tought might work but no help. Opened developer settings- set the usb configuration to MIDI (not audio source) and it started to work. Before when UAPP was installed this solution did not work, but afer deleting the app it is ok now.

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #872 of 1,084
Since you have got that far, I suggest looking at the settings on your phone, or in UAPP. I would be looking for a way to bypass UAPP, or route another output in the phones settings. I have read the whole Mojo thread, and I have not seen your issue before. Although I could have missed it several times since UAPP does not relate to me.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #873 of 1,084
with my android phone (samsung note9) i can only use my mojo via USB Audio Player Pro application by using a OTG cable, by using this app i am not able to get any other sound from my phone such as you tube app or other media files on the phone. Can you help me how i can get sound from phone without need of any 3rd party app...
UAPP was a popular app for mojo, but it can monopolise the audio output, unless you switch UAPP off before using other apps.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2464#post-14387463
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2202#post-13603922
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2203#post-13604061
etc.

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #874 of 1,084
solved the problem... just deleted UAPP and all is fine now. maybe there was a setting for it but i tried all possible settings i tought might work but no help. Opened developer settings- set the usb configuration to MIDI (not audio source) and it started to work. Before when UAPP was installed this solution did not work, but afer deleting the app it is ok now.

Just wanted to share that i suddenly had problems with UAPP recently where it stopped working with the mojo. Switching to the Onkyo HF Player solved this for me as it played right out of the box.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #875 of 1,084
I've purchased a Chord Mojo a week ago and I'm having problems with the thermal shut-down when I try to listen and charge in the same time.
I've tried 3 charges: iPad 2.1A/5.1V, Huawei 2.0A/5V, iPhone 1A/5V.
With the first two it shuts down after 2 hours. The iPhone charger keeps going for 3-4 hours before shutting down.
When turned off, the battery charges in 5:30 hours with iPad charger (not 4h as advertised).
When turned on and playing, the battery barely reaches 50-75% after 8 hours.

I was wondering if this is normal or should I request a replacement ?

Using Audeze iSine 20 so the headphones aren't power hungry (24Ohms).

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #876 of 1,084
I've purchased a Chord Mojo a week ago and I'm having problems with the thermal shut-down when I try to listen and charge in the same time.
I've tried 3 charges: iPad 2.1A/5.1V, Huawei 2.0A/5V, iPhone 1A/5V.
With the first two it shuts down after 2 hours. The iPhone charger keeps going for 3-4 hours before shutting down.
When turned off, the battery charges in 5:30 hours with iPad charger (not 4h as advertised).
When turned on and playing, the battery barely reaches 50-75% after 8 hours.

I was wondering if this is normal or should I request a replacement ?

Using Audeze iSine 20 so the headphones aren't power hungry (24Ohms).
I also have issues like this. Using original samsung fast charger which should be powerful enough but it takesso long to see the blue light. There have been even times that i leave it for 24 hours to get full charge. It seems they have some issues with the battery of the prouct. But keep in mind 1A rated chargers do not actually give 1A. same thing for the 2.1 A, i have test equipment (you can also use mobile apps. to see... ) 2.1 A give barely 1 A constantly while charging even Note9 phone.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #877 of 1,084
I also have issues like this. Using original samsung fast charger which should be powerful enough but it takesso long to see the blue light. There have been even times that i leave it for 24 hours to get full charge. It seems they have some issues with the battery of the prouct. But keep in mind 1A rated chargers do not actually give 1A. same thing for the 2.1 A, i have test equipment (you can also use mobile apps. to see... ) 2.1 A give barely 1 A constantly while charging even Note9 phone.

I don't mind the long charging time while playing, but the Mojo shuts off after 2 hours and it's pretty hot.
I read that some people keep it 24/7 in the main system and was wondering if they experience the thermal shut-down.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #879 of 1,084
Best thing to do, is charge it first. Then leave it plugged in and play and charge.

However it is strongly advised, especially by Chord to unplug the charger now and again. It lets the Mojo reset.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #881 of 1,084
Alright, thanks for the answers! I've already received a replacement and the new one doesn't shut down while playing and charging.
Even with the fussy battery, sound is exceptional at this price.
You should be too surprised at Mojos performance as Mojo has typically between 500 or 1000 times the digital signal processing horse power when compared to all mobile and even most desktop
Dacs Mojo is a reference quality Dac not a cheap chip in a box that is the norm. it’s a high end unit just in a small case that makes some think it can’t be as good as it really is!

Nov 26, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #882 of 1,084
You should be too surprised at Mojos performance as Mojo has typically between 500 or 1000 times the digital signal processing horse power when compared to all mobile and even most desktop
Dacs Mojo is a reference quality Dac not a cheap chip in a box that is the norm. it’s a high end unit just in a small case that makes some think it can’t be as good as it really is!

Thank you for the answer! I know what's inside the small case, what's why I've bought it.
I even passed once or twice in my life by the Xilinx headquarters in San Jose, California.

I'm using it only at work and sometimes forget to charge it. The shut down was present only when charging and playing.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #883 of 1,084

Thank you for such details. A lot of reviewers love Mojo for a sound. I just have opposite experience. Would be glad if anyone help me with this. :)
When someone says that a sound of Mojo is great I am surprised that almost never told on what equipment or headphones he receives this sound. On 50$ or 1000$ headphones? I might think that on 50$ headphones there is no difference.

So to the point.
I have bought Mojo around 1 year ago. My headphones Meze 99 Neo and Master&Dynamics me05 - each around 200$ on Amazon.
I have got several albums on HDTracks on 24/44.1 and 24/96. I use HF Onkyo Player. Mojo correctly lights the resolution.
The point is: I do not hear any difference with my iPhone. No at all.
I think that may be the quality of headphones should be at least 500-600$. How do you think?

Now I use Mojo as an amplifier for connecting iPad to my audio system so that I can listen my iTunes collections and it is comfortable for me to use iPad as “management” center.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #884 of 1,084
Thank you for such details. A lot of reviewers love Mojo for a sound. I just have opposite experience. Would be glad if anyone help me with this. :)
When someone says that a sound of Mojo is great I am surprised that almost never told on what equipment or headphones he receives this sound. On 50$ or 1000$ headphones? I might think that on 50$ headphones there is no difference.

So to the point.
I have bought Mojo around 1 year ago. My headphones Meze 99 Neo and Master&Dynamics me05 - each around 200$ on Amazon.
I have got several albums on HDTracks on 24/44.1 and 24/96. I use HF Onkyo Player. Mojo correctly lights the resolution.
I think that may be the quality of headphones should be at least 500-600$. How do you think?

Now I use Mojo as an amplifier for connecting iPad to my audio system so that I can listen my iTunes collections and it is comfortable for me to use iPad as “management” center.

Might be better posted in the main Mojo thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #885 of 1,084
So to the point.
As a general rule of thumb, yes headphones provide you the significant upgrade in sound. But, your Meze 99 is no slouch. You can try upgrading to AudioQuest Nighthawk, which Rob used to tune Mojo. Also, you will have to provide some time for the brain to acclimatize to the new details and nuances of mojo. Try using only Mojo for a week and then try going back to iPhone, you will be easily able to hear the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back