Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
May 5, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #858 of 1,084
I was charging my Mojo with a Samsung charger and noticed that the mojo was making a high pitched sound while charging. Has anyone experienced this?
Addition after 1+ month of using Mojo. The high pitched sound does have place sometimes when charging. I found that the best I can do is to continue charging and after 2-10 minutes this sound disappears.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #859 of 1,084
Was able to use the provided connection layout for Fiio X7ii to Mojo to DIY a short coax cable.

Just having 2 connections is relatively easy to solder.

IMG_6209.JPG IMG_6208.JPG

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #861 of 1,084
Hi
I’m a new mojo user and am primarily using the mojo with an iPhone SE with the USB extension and the CCK.
The main issue I have noticed with the iPhone is that I occasionally get sound dropouts that seem to occur randomly. Maybe a 1/2 second dropout every 10-15 minutes. Not sure if this is related to network activity or something else in the background processes.
I don’t get any of these issues with my Mac or PC. And when I tried another DAC with the phone for a while I got a similar number of dropouts (a Schiit modi using the same CCK cable). Finally I tried another CCK cable with no change.
So I guess this is an iOS issue rather than a mojo issue, but I hope someone here has seen/solved this.

I’m actually also experiencing something similar with a 2 weeks new Mojo and ipad current gen (tidal streaming). It’s actually a very short crackling which happens random (comparable with starting to stream a new album and the mojo takes a split second to recognize the bitrate). Known issue and/or fix?

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #862 of 1,084
I’m actually also experiencing something similar with a 2 weeks new Mojo and ipad current gen (tidal streaming). It’s actually a very short crackling which happens random (comparable with starting to stream a new album and the mojo takes a split second to recognize the bitrate). Known issue and/or fix?
There is a lot of info in the faq in post #3 of the main mojo thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #863 of 1,084
Aug 23, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #864 of 1,084
Anyone know, is the below true? This is from a Chord dealer:

"Chord devices use trickle charging. A trickle charger always defaults the Amp/Dac circuit to DC power vs AC when plugged into the wall to charge. This provides a much cleaner, quieter sound and the unit will run off the battery until it gets to about 15% and then the charger kicks in to charge the unit again until it reaches some maximum percentage."

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #866 of 1,084
OK so update, I had a hunch this was a software glitch, probably caused by me pulling out the USB cable from either Android or the Mojo.

I connected the Mojo through optical and got it to play music, and now back to USB, and it is working fine through USB now.

I think maybe something to do with the automatic input switch not liking the cable to be pulled out without switching the power off.

Anyway it is working fine now.

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #867 of 1,084
First off, be sure to download the latest Foobar (dated 12/21/2016). In any case, these settings work for me (incl. quad-DSD and DXD and SACD-R / *.iso)

Components
->DSDIFF Decoder version 1.4 (foo_input_dsdiff)
->Super Audio CD Decoder version 0.9.6 (foo_input_sacd)

Playback
->Input: DSDIFF Decoder
. maximum sample rate [176,400]
->Output Device: DSD:ASIO:ASIO Chord 44.1 kHz 768 kHz
. Buffer Length: [1000 ms]
. Format: [32 bit]
. Dither: [uncheck]
->Output Driver: ASIO Chord 1.05
. Use 64 bit ASIO: [check]
. Run with high priority: [check]

Tools
->Output Mode: DSD
->DSD Output Device: DSD:ASIO:ASIO Chord 44.1 kHz 768 kHz
. DoP: [check]
. Configure: [don't click] will cause Foobar to crash! ("known buggy component foo_input_sacd.dll")
Thanks for the info. i follow your settings and now the Mojo works on foobar with following the frequency source. I don't have the exactly same menu, for example for Tools. but it works.

I will compare Audirvana and Foobar now; But maybe bought Audirvana.

EDIT : yesterday, it worked on Asio. Today no. It's only working on WASAPI.... don't understand why LOL

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #868 of 1,084
with my android phone (samsung note9) i can only use my mojo via USB Audio Player Pro application by using a OTG cable, by using this app i am not able to get any other sound from my phone such as you tube app or other media files on the phone. Can you help me how i can get sound from phone without need of any 3rd party app...

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #869 of 1,084
I do not know. I have never owned a smartphone, or used Android. However is your UAPP set to bit-perfect output, and using WASAPI or ASIO. If so, then it's possible you phone sounds are not bit-prefect and processed by WASAPI or ASIO.

If I am using JRiver on PC and WASAPI/ASIO, I can not hear any other PC sounds at all. If I am listening to Youtube, I can hear other PC sounds, as it's all processed by Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back