Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Nov 28, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #886 of 1,084
As a general rule of thumb, yes headphones provide you the significant upgrade in sound. But, your Meze 99 is no slouch. You can try upgrading to AudioQuest Nighthawk, which Rob used to tune Mojo. Also, you will have to provide some time for the brain to acclimatize to the new details and nuances of mojo. Try using only Mojo for a week and then try going back to iPhone, you will be easily able to hear the difference.
ook. That is interesting. I'll try this.

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #887 of 1,084
Hi. Please forgive me if this has been solved before. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

My sample rate indicator is no longer changing from red. I'm using Qobuz on ios -- currently playing a 24/96 track and the indicator ball is red. This used to change colors when it surpassed 44. On the Qobuz app it shows the current rate the file is streaming in, so I know exactly what is streaming.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #888 of 1,084
I would check your Qobuz settings. Oddly I found in JRiver, a setting which plays music at 44.1KHz no matter what the source file. (I even ended up emailing HD Tracks, before I found the solution.)

Dec 8, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #889 of 1,084
Hi. Not sure how to search for this problem but I just recently got a mojo and it occasionally loses its connection to my LGv30. It'll run fine for 30 mins and then just freak out and cycle between initializing and disconnected. If I unplug it for a few seconds that resets it and it is fine until the next time. I've found this with both usbpp and the hiby apps in bit perfect mode. I haven't tried out of bit perfect mode because I don't want to and unfortunately only have the one fiio usb c to b connector. I have another cable on the way too see if this is the cause but I thought I'd check to see if this is a known issue because id like to inform the seller of it is. I do wonder if ours on the phone end because I sometimes have to plug the phone in a couple times to my Mac to get the android transfer screen to open.

Thanks

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #890 of 1,084
Hi. Not sure how to search for this problem but I just recently got a mojo and it occasionally loses its connection to my LGv30. It'll run fine for 30 mins and then just freak out and cycle between initializing and disconnected. If I unplug it for a few seconds that resets it and it is fine until the next time. I've found this with both usbpp and the hiby apps in bit perfect mode. I haven't tried out of bit perfect mode because I don't want to and unfortunately only have the one fiio usb c to b connector. I have another cable on the way too see if this is the cause but I thought I'd check to see if this is a known issue because id like to inform the seller of it is. I do wonder if ours on the phone end because I sometimes have to plug the phone in a couple times to my Mac to get the android transfer screen to open.

Thanks
Does it happen when you use Mojo with your Mac? If not, it could just be the phone or cable.

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #891 of 1,084
In case anyone has my issues, I think Ive figured it out. Because I'm using a phone as the source, I was getting the drop outs when I received an email and possibly a notification. Maybe because the bit perfect mode was bypassing the phone's audio and the notifications have a sound?. That's my working theory..
I put the phone in airplane mode and so far no drop outs.

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #892 of 1,084
In case anyone has my issues, I think Ive figured it out. Because I'm using a phone as the source, I was getting the drop outs when I received an email and possibly a notification. Maybe because the bit perfect mode was bypassing the phone's audio and the notifications have a sound?. That's my working theory..
I put the phone in airplane mode and so far no drop outs.

Cellular radios are nasty for audio components. It’s not a Mojo issue per-se, but rather an EMI issue. Airplane mode turns off the cellular signal so that’s the first stage in trouble shooting.

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #893 of 1,084
So... Mojo plugged into the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (newest 2018 3rd gen)... No adaptor being used, as the new iPad Pro uses a USB-C instead of Lightning. Just a short run USB-C to USB micro cable.

Getting sound, can adjust the volume, no issues.

Playback quality light is red, which tracks because I’m just using Apple Music as a source.

What’s odd is that the EQ feature within Settings/Music on the iPad is functioning. I change to a different preset EQ, and I hear it immediately.

What does this mean? Is the MOJO only functioning as an amp right now, with the DAC feature disabled? Shouldn’t it be getting the raw data from the iPad, and converting it into sound, irrespective of whatever volume/EQ/etc. the iPad may be processing?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #894 of 1,084
So... Mojo plugged into the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (newest 2018 3rd gen)... No adaptor being used, as the new iPad Pro uses a USB-C instead of Lightning. Just a short run USB-C to USB micro cable.

Getting sound, can adjust the volume, no issues.

Playback quality light is red, which tracks because I’m just using Apple Music as a source.

What’s odd is that the EQ feature within Settings/Music on the iPad is functioning. I change to a different preset EQ, and I hear it immediately.

What does this mean? Is the MOJO only functioning as an amp right now, with the DAC feature disabled? Shouldn’t it be getting the raw data from the iPad, and converting it into sound, irrespective of whatever volume/EQ/etc. the iPad may be processing?

It just means the iPad is adding digital EQ before it sends it to the Mojo. The Mojo can never be used as an 'amp only' with the DAC disabled.

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #895 of 1,084
BTW, the Apple Music player can no play high res tracks like high res AIFF and WAV (or ALAC) natively :)

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #896 of 1,084
BTW, the Apple Music player can no play high res tracks like high res AIFF and WAV (or ALAC) natively :)
I’m just streaming standard Apple Music tracks... or playing tracks I’ve downloaded.

That said, I’ve been aware of the limitations of Apple iOS devices for awhile, but with the switch to USB-C, what’s stopping the iPad Pro now? I thought the bottleneck was in Lightning port output capability...

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #897 of 1,084
I’m just streaming standard Apple Music tracks... or playing tracks I’ve downloaded.

That said, I’ve been aware of the limitations of Apple iOS devices for awhile, but with the switch to USB-C, what’s stopping the iPad Pro now? I thought the bottleneck was in Lightning port output capability...

No, you can even play high res through lightning port now with the most recent iOS update.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #899 of 1,084
No, you can even play high res through lightning port now with the most recent iOS update.
So Apple’s decision not to support hi-res tracks via the Apple Music player is just... arbitrary? That’s pretty stupid of them. Even if they don’t want to do the whole hi-res service thing, it wouldn’t cost them much to open the gates. Hell, they could make it a perk of the streaming subscription. Make something for nothing. I know they make money hand over foot, but paying some coders like what... $100k all in? To make a several million in new subscriptions, and the bragging rights to hi-res (probably more valuable than the new subscriptions)? Seems like a no-lose proposition.

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #900 of 1,084
Hi. Please forgive me if this has been solved before. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

My sample rate indicator is no longer changing from red. I'm using Qobuz on ios -- currently playing a 24/96 track and the indicator ball is red. This used to change colors when it surpassed 44. On the Qobuz app it shows the current rate the file is streaming in, so I know exactly what is streaming.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
What specific ios source device are you using? I am having a similar problem with a Dragonfly Red through the usb-c port of a new ipad pro 2018. The light color remains at 44.1 khz even though the Qobuz app is sending 24/96. Even more interesting is that when I attach the same dac to the lightning port of my iphone Xs Max or ipad mini 4, the light color changes to reflect the correct output resolution - so it appears to be a usb-c issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back