Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Sep 27, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #766 of 1,084
so is the noise floor present on USB out only or is it dependant of IEMs you use?i have an old vinyl like background noise on all the tracks i play be it on tidal or my local flac library. I'm using my S8 USB out to mojo with Westone w60

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #767 of 1,084
Sep 28, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #768 of 1,084
Hi guys,

I have the same behaviour on my Mojo aswell, line out can not be selected when turned off and on while on charger. Is this normal to all the mojos? I haven`t found any info on this in the manual. Another observation is, that no matter if turned off without charger or left on charger, every time Mojo is started with an active charger, it will not go through the colour cycle on power on.

Thanks for your observations in advance.

Hi guys,

Could you please check, if this behaviour is to be seen on your Mojos as well? Thanks, just want to make sure, that this is not an issue of this particular device.

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #769 of 1,084
Hello all,

I bought my Mojo about one year ago but I haven´t enjoyed it because I have a big issue. I used it with my mobile OnePlus 3t and the APP is USB Audio Player Pro. My problem is the APP cut off every now and then. I have never listen more than 15 minute in a row. It is annoying. I have downloaded another APP, Onkyo with same results.
I have been told it could be an android problem something related to the kernel. I have no idea.

I think the problem could be the cable. I bought the cable box by Chord for the Mojo but this box doesn´t contains the wire I need. My mobile has a USB 2.0 c port. I have looked fro a good cable to connect it but I can´t find it, I bought a cheap adaptor. What cable do you use to connect the Mojo to your new mobile?

I haven´t connect it to my computer because I use it as portable but I would like toe check it with Windows 10. which software do you use to listen hi resolution music?

Any advice will be very welcome because I am desperate to enjoy this great sound.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #770 of 1,084
Hello all,

I bought my Mojo about one year ago but I haven´t enjoyed it because I have a big issue. I used it with my mobile OnePlus 3t and the APP is USB Audio Player Pro. My problem is the APP cut off every now and then. I have never listen more than 15 minute in a row. It is annoying. I have downloaded another APP, Onkyo with same results.
I have been told it could be an android problem something related to the kernel. I have no idea.

I think the problem could be the cable. I bought the cable box by Chord for the Mojo but this box doesn´t contains the wire I need. My mobile has a USB 2.0 c port. I have looked fro a good cable to connect it but I can´t find it, I bought a cheap adaptor. What cable do you use to connect the Mojo to your new mobile?

I haven´t connect it to my computer because I use it as portable but I would like toe check it with Windows 10. which software do you use to listen hi resolution music?

Any advice will be very welcome because I am desperate to enjoy this great sound.
A lot depends if you want a cheap or expensive cable.
I use the 30cm version of this cable http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=98 . I can't fault it, but some posters baulk at the idea of paying more than $5 on ebay.

There is also this cable produced by Shanling. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sha...th-4-0-aptx-dsd.816385/page-197#post-13754758

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #771 of 1,084
My Chord Mojo stopped working using the micro USB input. The MBP does not detect it at all. It still works with the PS4 using an optical cable. I tried multiple cables. The same cables successfully charge the Mojo.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way for me to fix this, or will I have to get it repaired?

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #772 of 1,084
My Chord Mojo stopped working using the micro USB input. The MBP does not detect it at all. It still works with the PS4 using an optical cable. I tried multiple cables. The same cables successfully charge the Mojo.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way for me to fix this, or will I have to get it repaired?

It's probably a repair. I had this happen to my ifi idsd bl, as well. Sent it in to ifi, they fixed it and sent it back in about 10 days. Since the repair, the usb connection is much more solid and consistent. USB devices are not really designed for use with a portable amp that well yet. I've had issues, quirks or and/or intermittent issues with usb connections in my audio rig on multiple devices over the last few years. But, when it works, its worth it.

I recommend that you contact Chord to set up a repair case.

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #773 of 1,084
It's probably a repair. I had this happen to my ifi idsd bl, as well. Sent it in to ifi, they fixed it and sent it back in about 10 days. Since the repair, the usb connection is much more solid and consistent. USB devices are not really designed for use with a portable amp that well yet. I've had issues, quirks or and/or intermittent issues with usb connections in my audio rig on multiple devices over the last few years. But, when it works, its worth it.

I recommend that you contact Chord to set up a repair case.

Damn, I was hoping that's not the case.. oh well. Let's see what Chord says. Sucks that it's out of warranty.

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #774 of 1,084
Damn, I was hoping that's not the case.. oh well. Let's see what Chord says. Sucks that it's out of warranty.

Did you try it with other devices yet? Sometimes its the dap that has the usb fussiness. For example, when I had the Pioneer XDP-100R, I would have to click "ok" to switch to usb mode every time I plugged the dac/amp in. Additionally, it would only play files on the device through the usb but not play streaming audio from google play or Tidal. However, when i used the 3.5mm out, both onboard files and streaming worked. I know that the Mojo does not have a 3.5mm input, which sucks, but these are just examples of how fussy usb be can be on both ends of the portable audio chain.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #775 of 1,084
Did you try it with other devices yet? Sometimes its the dap that has the usb fussiness. For example, when I had the Pioneer XDP-100R, I would have to click "ok" to switch to usb mode every time I plugged the dac/amp in. Additionally, it would only play files on the device through the usb but not play streaming audio from google play or Tidal. However, when i used the 3.5mm out, both onboard files and streaming worked. I know that the Mojo does not have a 3.5mm input, which sucks, but these are just examples of how fussy usb be can be on both ends of the portable audio chain.

I haven't tried USB input with other devices, mainly cause I don't have any other device other than my MBP to use with the Mojo. Like I mentioned initially, the USB input port seems to be the problem, since optical input works just fine with the PS4, charging works fine with the same micro USB cables.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #776 of 1,084

There are occasional reports of this issue, sometimes caused by usb plugs or adapters causing the socket to come away from the circuit board. I think the most recent case required a return via the dealer, and Chord replaced the circuit board. Best option is to first PM @Matt Bartlett and let him propose the best way forward.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #777 of 1,084
Another weird thing I noticed, the sound from the PS4 via optical input actually gets cut off when I plug the microUSB cable in. Even though the input does not work, the Macbook does not recognise the Mojo, the Mojo knows that the microUSB input port is being used. (Mojo doesn't have an input selector, instead it gives preference to USB first, then the other two)

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #778 of 1,084
There are occasional reports of this issue, sometimes caused by usb plugs or adapters causing the socket to come away from the circuit board. I think the most recent case required a return via the dealer, and Chord replaced the circuit board. Best option is to first PM @Matt Bartlett and let him propose the best way forward.

I assume opening the Mojo up and seeing if I can fix it myself isn’t advisable? (Warranty has expired)

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #779 of 1,084
I assume opening the Mojo up and seeing if I can fix it myself isn’t advisable? (Warranty has expired)
You can open it up if you want, then post a picture on the main mojo thread. The last person with a socket problem posted a picture, and it was clear that the socket had pulled away from the circuit board, with quite a bit of force (probably 3 or 4 months ago). You may be luckier with your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back