Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Aug 16, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #722 of 1,084
many thanks

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #723 of 1,084
Just being curious, today I measured how long it takes to fully charge my 1-2 months used Mojo. It took around 5 hours and 30 minutes from 0 to 100%. And I heard a buzzing noise coming out from the mojo in last 30 minutes which started slowly, and faded out in last few minutes. I have used the micro USB to USB type A cable from the accessory pack and my Apple iPad mini 4 charger (5V, 2A) and the unit was switched off entirely during charging.

So what do you guys think? Is it ok to have that buzzing noise while charging? Do I have a bad battery inside, since it took more than 5 hours to fully charge?

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #724 of 1,084
Detective marbles might be on to something here, recently ive been miffed about pops/clicks/harshness after a number of windows creative updates ive lost track off my PC software ecosystem. So i've had todo some digging again this time trying something different.

Literally all PC's have noisy PSU, cpu, gpu, overclock, windows, memory, hpet, network , anti-virus, usb, hard drive, kernals, user account, all these activities going on all the time! including cables, internal physical equiptment.
frankly im amazed it does sound this good through a PC, all windows 10 features i can turn off i had, no indexing, nothing weird going on, so that means I have to troubleshoot all these constantly whenever there are new updates, or put updates off, i want the most from my PC.

My most recent efforts I did a full power settings including going through every device manager unchecking all allow the computer to turn off boxes, check, nvidia on max power, stock clock.

Now i think the biggest one.

Network settings in device manager, it was newest intel I218-v; I used this guide https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/improve-network-performance-for-games/

i swear to audio jesus its made a difference.

I dont normally trust latencymon, but its okey for a slight indicator on where things are at.

596833ed8e5d64657dca3c25a4552421.png

Attachments

• behaving.png
    behaving.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #728 of 1,084
I add a type C connector to my existing micro-micro USB OTG cable which has been working fine for my HTC M8 and MOJO connection. The phone itself actually has the option of enable or disable USB audio out in development mode. I have tried a few USB pro player and Onkyo player both worked fine with the HTC phone before.
Just wonder if there is driver somewhere need to be activated?

Have you bought an OTG cable? Does your phone support OTG?

It looks more challenging for phones with type C. Anybody else with mobile Type C connection experience?
I've used a usb c > usb mini and it does work. However it's not with a phone, it's with an HP notebook.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #729 of 1,084
I add a type C connector to my existing micro-micro USB OTG cable which has been working fine for my HTC M8 and MOJO connection. The phone itself actually has the option of enable or disable USB audio out in development mode. I have tried a few USB pro player and Onkyo player both worked fine with the HTC phone before.
Just wonder if there is driver somewhere need to be activated?

It looks more challenging for phones with type C. Anybody else with mobile Type C connection experience?

Here is a cable that worked for me:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Right-Ang...C-Amplifier-/291935048672?hash=item43f8af53e0

If you are going to use a USB C adapter, it would have to be a USB C OTG adapter connected to a regular (not OTG) micro USB cable. The OTG connector has to connect directly to the device from my experience.

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #730 of 1,084
Sep 10, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #731 of 1,084
I ordred that cable a month ago still hasnt arrived. I hate buying from asian stores with standard shipping options only

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #733 of 1,084
You'd think this would have been covered but I can't find it anywhere. Even googling 'Chord mojo not pairing / recognised by MacBook pro' doesn't give me any others that have had the issues. Just the support solutions, which pretty much include everything I tried before looking this up: Try a different cable, clean USB ports.

Still no luck. I suppose I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has had this issue, and thought this thread was a good place to start?
Same problem here ! Did you find a solution ?

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #734 of 1,084
well.. just had a big issue with my Mojo.. i left the micro->usb c cable plugged in and put it into my bag.. I think it might have been pressed on over the course of my day and the usb jack INSIDE the Mojo has become loose and won't detect any inputs anymore.. what are my options here? I have used it for more than a year and the warranty is definitely over.. I think it would be possible to solder the usb port back but it looks like it is of the surface mount variety and wouldn't be so straightforward... hmmmm..

lesson learnt though.. don't leave the jack plugged in otherwise you might strain it and break it off.. and now I have a problem to fix...

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #735 of 1,084
well.. just had a big issue with my Mojo.. i left the micro->usb c cable plugged in and put it into my bag.. I think it might have been pressed on over the course of my day and the usb jack INSIDE the Mojo has become loose and won't detect any inputs anymore.. what are my options here? I have used it for more than a year and the warranty is definitely over.. I think it would be possible to solder the usb port back but it looks like it is of the surface mount variety and wouldn't be so straightforward... hmmmm..

lesson learnt though.. don't leave the jack plugged in otherwise you might strain it and break it off.. and now I have a problem to fix...

I had a usb problem with my Mojo just after getting it second hand and I contacted Chord. They told me my unit was out of warranty and referred me to a hifi place that could fix it. They ended up replacing the entire main board and it cost around $180. If you are handy with a soldering iron you could try soldering on a new one yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back