Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Dec 7, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #451 of 1,085
  sorry for the late reply.
Over the past year there has been several bursts of discussion on the two mojo threads about clicks and pops, and their causes.
There is no single cause, but i do remember some members complaining that they only got clicks when playing games - i think the cause is due to the heavy graphical workload, causing the music stream to the usb port being paused, until the computer is ready to continue.
I suggest that searching these two threads for posts relating to gamers or gaming, and you might find a solution to part of your problems.

Okay thanks for the tip - I'll search those posts. I have new laptop and no load so that's not an issue. And several other DACS word flawlessly. Maybe Mojo have extra small buffer or something...

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #452 of 1,085
Did anyonw find out what was causing some Mojos to get stuck on some weird *volume attenuation mode*? I have the ultra sensitive Ostry KC06a playing pretty softly on a double blue volume; that should NOT be anywhere near possibile!

It doesn't SEEM broken, since the volume still seems mostly linear. Getting up to a low-average volume at the very top of the volume range, however, there is quite a lot of audible distortion, it's basically unlistenable Please help!

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #453 of 1,085
Did anyonw find out what was causing some Mojos to get stuck on some weird *volume attenuation mode*? I have the ultra sensitive Ostry KC06a playing pretty softly on a double blue volume; that should NOT be anywhere near possibile!

It doesn't SEEM broken, since the volume still seems mostly linear. Getting up to a low-average volume at the very top of the volume range, however, there is quite a lot of audible distortion, it's basically unlistenable Please help!

The first thing I'm going to ask is are you sure it's Mojo and not your IEMs?

Please try another pair of IEMs or headphones, first, and let me know what happens

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #454 of 1,085
The first thing I'm going to ask is are you sure it's Mojo and not your IEMs?

Please try another pair of IEMs or headphones, first, and let me know what happens

Ive done all that but didn't list everything i tried because it appears to be identical to a problem David posted about HERE

So total shortcut if he solved it, but if he did I couldn't find anything about how he got there

EDIT: To answer your question, yes I tried pretty much everything David did before looking here for help. I actually went a little beyond when I tested the optical vs USB inputs--no difference. This may be just a coincidence, but it first happened yesterday the same day i got my chromecast auduo to feed the optical port.

A reason for optimism is it started last night, i put it on the charger and went to sleep, and forgot about it. I got a good 6 hours of good playtime today before tonight's repeat performance :frowning2:

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #455 of 1,085
Interesting.  Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix! 
wink_face.gif

I'll ask about it.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #456 of 1,085
Can you just try something, please?

Turn-off Mojo, without charger connected, wait 10 seconds, turn Mojo on again.

Any difference..?

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #458 of 1,085
Worth checking what volume the chromecast is set to. You can do that from the Google Home app (IIRC)

Good call! Nailed it. I'm not sure about the specifics yet, but essentially a volume control somewhere in the android side of things that I had either disabled or set to default to 100% suddenly stopped doing that. Chromecast and/or Spotify are the most likely culprits. This also neatly explains the distortion I was hearing with the mojo cranked! The mojo,wasn't distorting anything, it was faithfully reproducing the distorted audio it was given!

Good thinking! Until I narrow it down more specifically, noting precisely when it goes wrong and what preceeded it, I guess I'm going to have to management every volume control manually again. The drudgery will be offset at least by having the mojo in it's full glory again.

I didn't mention this next part because I hadn't connected the issues in my mind yet6, but besides Mojo I use a GOV2+ often, which lacks its own volume control and uses the system's. I noticed the volume wasn't maxing out when it was plugged in like it's supposed to, but in the case of the GO this was a good thing, since 100% volume will destroy headphones as a 100% output mojo.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #461 of 1,085
I need help with the Strix X99 Gaming MB. i have a Chord Mojo DAC that keeps dropping. I tried this same DAC with 3 other computers and it plays fine. I am thinking it might be the motherboard's USB. I have tried the Intel USB2.0 and 3.0 ports and the Amedia 3.0 ports and the front panel port. Going to try the USB 3.1 port tonight

My suspicion goes to USB problem because when I turn off the Corsair Link (AX1500) it is "better" but it still drops but not quite as much. (disable the Cosrsair Link USB Dongle)

The only thing is, it only drops when playing DSD. 16/44, 24/44, 24/96, 24/192 FLAC plays fine.

I monitor the CPU and disk access and they are all well below 8% when playing. Using foobar2000 or JRiver results in the same. Setting Power to Max Performance yield the same results

I know this is quite specific. but maybe someone else here have and uses an audiophile DAC as well might give me some insight that might cause drops.

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #462 of 1,085
  I need help with the Strix X99 Gaming MB. i have a Chord Mojo DAC that keeps dropping. I tried this same DAC with 3 other computers and it plays fine. I am thinking it might be the motherboard's USB. I have tried the Intel USB2.0 and 3.0 ports and the Amedia 3.0 ports and the front panel port. Going to try the USB 3.1 port tonight

My suspicion goes to USB problem because when I turn off the Corsair Link (AX1500) it is "better" but it still drops but not quite as much. (disable the Cosrsair Link USB Dongle)

The only thing is, it only drops when playing DSD. 16/44, 24/44, 24/96, 24/192 FLAC plays fine.

I monitor the CPU and disk access and they are all well below 8% when playing. Using foobar2000 or JRiver results in the same. Setting Power to Max Performance yield the same results

I know this is quite specific. but maybe someone else here have and uses an audiophile DAC as well might give me some insight that might cause drops.

There have been a few reports of gamers having issues with dropouts. I think the consensus was that the dropouts were caused by the game settings, giving a high priority to graphics and ensuring that the required number of screens/s are visible - and sometimes depending on the game workload, this meant that the usb audio stream gets paused. Try searching this thread using a keyword like gamers, and maybe someone proposed which settings to try changing. Some other gamers must experience similar pauses as well, so Google might have some solutions on other forums as well.
I am not a gamer, so cannot help with the specific answer, but I think that I have pointed you in the right direction.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #463 of 1,085
The Mojo works fine with all games. I do get a few clicks while using menus sometimes.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 had clicks whenever there was speech. I think at the start and close of lines spoken. That's all I have seen.

Hmmm, having second thoughts on purchasing a Mojo after stumbling on this 450+ post thread on solving issues with it... Is Mojo still worth getting despite the trouble?

Yeah unfortunately no-one bothers reading the thread and asks same questions over again. Secondly it was not meant as a thread to ask questions. It was designed as a thread to post definitive solutions to a problem that someone whoever had worked out. Just got derailed that's all.

The Mojo is fairly hassle free. If you read the solutions in the first post. Then the third post of the main Mojo thread you'll see practically everything.

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #464 of 1,085

There have been a few reports of gamers having issues with dropouts. I think the consensus was that the dropouts were caused by the game settings, giving a high priority to graphics and ensuring that the required number of screens/s are visible - and sometimes depending on the game workload, this meant that the usb audio stream gets paused. Try searching this thread using a keyword like gamers, and maybe someone proposed which settings to try changing. Some other gamers must experience similar pauses as well, so Google might have some solutions on other forums as well.
I am not a gamer, so cannot help with the specific answer, but I think that I have pointed you in the right direction.
normal_smile%20.gif

I don't use the DAC for gaming, only when I am listening to music I plug in the DAC.  otherwise I just use the onboard soundcard for gaming.

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #465 of 1,085
So I got the mojo as an early Christmas present. It sounds great on PC but I can't get the mojo to work with my iPhone via CCK. I know the apple adapter works because it works with my dragonfly red.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back