Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Jan 25, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #511 of 1,085
Your contract of purchase is with the dealer from whom you bought your Mojo - the same applies to any purchase of any item from any dealer.
So legally you need to try and sort things out through your dealer - you have no purchase contract with Chord, so they are not trying to avoid their responsibilities.

This may be correct for France, but that does not describe the laws in the United States. Manufactures warranty their products and determine the process for obtaining warranty service. Some, like Chord, require their authorized retailers to be the first step in that process while others, like AK and Onyko, use regional service centers to provide warranty service. Sometimes a retailer may help you get to the service center but that depends on their relationship with the manufacturer which may be defined by their retailer agreement or may not. Best approach is to follow the manufacturer's instructions in the owners manual or on their website.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #512 of 1,085
Hello, I have a problem with files dsd128, in intervals random is listen a little interference. Also when I changed lyrics on light changing from blue to white steadily until no sound (on 2 occasions I happened)

I tried to change headset but the interference continues to appear.

someone has had a problem similar?

Best regards

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #513 of 1,085
Hello, I have a problem with files dsd128, in intervals random is listen a little interference. Also when I changed lyrics on light changing from blue to white steadily until no sound (on 2 occasions I happened)

Best regards

I think this was discussed recently in this thread. You might get the information you want by reading back.

Otherwise it might be your data cable. I have read of people having trouble with higher bit rate data, on cheaper quality cables. I think the solution is shielded quality cabling. I think this was discussed in the first post in this thread.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #514 of 1,085
This may be correct for France, but that does not describe the laws in the United States. Manufactures warranty their products and determine the process for obtaining warranty service. Some, like Chord, require their authorized retailers to be the first step in that process while others, like AK and Onyko, use regional service centers to provide warranty service. Sometimes a retailer may help you get to the service center but that depends on their relationship with the manufacturer which may be defined by their retailer agreement or may not. Best approach is to follow the manufacturer's instructions in the owners manual or on their website.

you are confusing the contract of purchase with the warranty process.

based on your description, if i walk into a supermarket in the US, and buy a melon, then my contract of purchase is with the farm which grew the melon, and not the supermarket. Surely that is not what you were trying to say. 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #515 of 1,085

Best regards

There are a few posts on the main Mojo thread about dsd128 issues, which are easy to find if you use the 'search this thread' functionality, with the search term 'dsd128'.
This is one example http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/29610#post_13200377 , but the root cause can relate to the source hardware, the cable, the music player settings etc, the usb port, etc so sometimes a bit of trial and error is required to narrow the root cause down.

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #516 of 1,085
you are confusing the contract of purchase with the warranty process.

based on your description, if i walk into a supermarket in the US, and buy a melon, then my contract of purchase is with the farm which grew the melon, and not the supermarket. Surely that is not what you were trying to say. :confused_face(1):

What would I know? Sorry. Crawling back under my rock to listen to some music.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #519 of 1,085
Sorry that you found my post so offensive. :frowning2:

I didn't find it offensive. Based on my experience, purchase contracts have limited use and mostly in real estate purchase. Since we were talking about a purchase made about 8 months ago, I considered that the discussion was about obtaining warranty service and responded accordingly. Like I said, I do not know how things work in France and apparently did a very poor job of explaining how they work in the US based on your response. Since I can add nothing of further value, back to enjoying the music.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #520 of 1,085
Hi all,

Recently I have decided to leave my Chord Mojo at home as a DAC for my computer to play DSD files.  It works perfectly fine except there's audio output if I try to connect my Mojo to an amp with a 3.5mm jack to phono (RCA) cable.  I tried 2 different QED cables but it didn't work.  Is there anyway I can get my Chord Mojo connected to an amp / preamp?

Thanks
Matthew 

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #521 of 1,085
  Hi all,

Recently I have decided to leave my Chord Mojo at home as a DAC for my computer to play DSD files.  It works perfectly fine except there's audio output if I try to connect my Mojo to an amp with a 3.5mm jack to phono (RCA) cable.  I tried 2 different QED cables but it didn't work.  Is there anyway I can get my Chord Mojo connected to an amp / preamp?

Thanks
Matthew 

Absolutely this should work.  I have used this setup all along with my Beyerdynamic A20.  I use a cable by Ghent Audio, it is a quality cable, good braided construction and well-fitting connectors and by no means expensive.  Doubt the problem lies with the cables though.  Be careful to use the right setup in your music player, you need to select a Device and the configure the relevant driver.  Mojo has a quick start to get it to output a fixed level at 3V though many think that's too much.  Personally, I down the volume 10 ticks which means about 1 volt.  Works for me, no reason it shouldn't work for you.  Could it be your preamp is defective on the chosen input?

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #522 of 1,085
  Absolutely this should work.  I have used this setup all along with my Beyerdynamic A20.  I use a cable by Ghent Audio, it is a quality cable, good braided construction and well-fitting connectors and by no means expensive.  Doubt the problem lies with the cables though.  Be careful to use the right setup in your music player, you need to select a Device and the configure the relevant driver.  Mojo has a quick start to get it to output a fixed level at 3V though many think that's too much.  Personally, I down the volume 10 ticks which means about 1 volt.  Works for me, no reason it shouldn't work for you.  Could it be your preamp is defective on the chosen input?

My setup was fairly simple:  connecting my desktop to Mojo with a USB cable (which works fine);  The problem comes when I wished to connect the output of Mojo (3.5mm jack) to an amp (with RCA input).  I could not hear anything, no background noise nor hissing sound, even if I turned the volume to maximum.  

I tried to different amps for this:  1)  Schiit valhalla 2 and 2) O2 Headphone Amp, with RCA being the only available input.  Both amps and connectors are functional.  I'm not sure which part I got wrong or there are some issues with my Chord Mojo

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #523 of 1,085
My setup was fairly simple:  connecting my desktop to Mojo with a USB cable (which works fine);  The problem comes when I wished to connect the output of Mojo (3.5mm jack) to an amp (with RCA input).  I could not hear anything, no background noise nor hissing sound, even if I turned the volume to maximum.  

I tried to different amps for this:  1)  Schiit valhalla 2 and 2) O2 Headphone Amp, with RCA being the only available input.  Both amps and connectors are functional.  I'm not sure which part I got wrong or there are some issues with my Chord Mojo

There are 3 three 3.5mm jacks on mojo, you used one of the two with headphone marks instead of the one with COAX mark, right?

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #524 of 1,085
I just bought mojo a few days ago and I like the sound quality
very much. However, I am experiencing problems with it:

1. Line Level mode. I am not able to switch mojo to line level mode when a
power cable is connected to it. "Press both volume button" method only
works when power cable is disconnected.

2. Hissing Noise. Even though not affecting quality of sound coming out of
headphones, I do hear a hissing noise generate by the bottom of the mojo
when mojo is fully or nearly fully charged.

I encountered these 2 issues with 2 different mojos. I guess it is a common
issue of mojo? Is my mojo broken and need to be replaced or those 2 issues
are software or hardware bugs?

Please tell me if there is any solutions.

Thank you

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #525 of 1,085
I just bought mojo a few days ago and I like the sound quality
very much. However, I am experiencing problems with it:

1. Line Level mode. I am not able to switch mojo to line level mode when a
power cable is connected to it. "Press both volume button" method only
works when power cable is disconnected.

2. Hissing Noise. Even though not affecting quality of sound coming out of
headphones, I do hear a hissing noise generate by the bottom of the mojo
when mojo is fully or nearly fully charged.

I encountered these 2 issues with 2 different mojos. I guess it is a common
issue of mojo? Is my mojo broken and need to be replaced or those 2 issues
are software or hardware bugs?

Please tell me if there is any solutions.

Thank you

• You are the first person that I can remember making this claim. You can only select line-level immediately after switching on.

Setting Mojo to Line-Level (e.g. for use with a Preamplifier or Active Loudspeakers, etc.) (Click to hide)
To set the output level to 3V ( line level ) for connection to a preamplifier press both volume buttons
together when switching on the unit. Both volume balls will illuminate light blue. This mode is not
remembered so when you switch off it will reset back to the previous volume stored for safety reasons.

Has anyone experienced the Mojo keeping its 3V setting even after turning off and on again? It happened twice to me. Fist time, it almost killed my Fitear 335. Luckily I notice the huge hiss at the beginning of the song and unplugged it quickly. Second time, I saw the volume balls was illuminated in violet and had to decrease the volume (usually they are pink-ish).

The Mojo remembers what volume you had last and does not reset when you turn it off.

Line out mode is an exception, unless you have pressed a volume button while in it. Then the volume you set will be saved, if you did not change volume in Line out mode, it will not save to 3V for obvious reasons.

• Some users have reported this, when some external power supplies switch into trickle charge mode, as the battery approaches fully charged. Chord have responded that this is not a problem with the Mojo, so don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back