Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Jan 17, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #496 of 1,085
I am using Spotify on Android and output it to Mojo via OTG. I see blue on the sampling ball instead of red. When I play lossless files from phone storage via player like UAPP and HiBy, the sampling information is as expected. (ex: 44k shows as red) What could be happening?

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #497 of 1,085
Android upscales audio sent to USB DAC to 192. Its a weakness in Android itself. If using Hiby or UAPP apps they use there own drivers bypassing android.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #498 of 1,085
Android upscales audio sent to USB DAC to 48/192. Its a weakness in Android itself. If using Hiby or UAPP apps they use there own srivers bypassing android.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting. Good to know. UAPP has Tidal support, are there such players on Android to support bitperfect output for Spotify?

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #499 of 1,085

Unfortunately not. I've been searching for this since Mojo came out. Fortunately it still sounds great even though Android up scales it.

One solution might be to buy the upcoming Chord Poly (I have a pre-order) to send audio from phone over Aptx Bluetooth or Wifi (still to be confirmed)

If that's too expensive an option then adding a cheap Shanling M1 DAP to Mojo could also receive BT over from phone. Been thinking of trying one of these myself.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #500 of 1,085
Had the Mojo in line out mode a few days before a trip .

Turned it off of course . Got on a plane a few days later and turned the Mojo on
and it damn near blew my eardrums out . It was still in line out mode !

It is supposed to return to normal after you turn off and have never had this happen before .

Anyone else have this happen ?

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #501 of 1,085

Turned it off of course . Got on a plane a few days later and turned the Mojo on

It is supposed to return to normal after you turn off and have never had this happen before .

you sure you didn't press the vol up or down by accident why using it the previous time?

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #502 of 1,085

The rule is: Mojo will turn back on to the last level you set manually

I'll do my best to explain with a little exercise as it's not such a straight forward UX. Should be easy to duplicate yourself. Best to do the steps after State 1 without headphones connected. Just look at the colors. :) 

Actions are in full capitals.

START

TURN ON

(1) State 1: set to a good listening level for your headphones, i.e. typically one of the lower settings. 

TURN OFF

TURN ON

(2) State 2: Mojo turns on with same level as state 1

TURN OFF

TURN ON in LINE LEVEL MODE (push volume up+down)

(3) State 3: Mojo turns on in Line level mode (i.e. 3V output)

DON'T TOUCH VOLUME CONTROLS!!

TURN OFF

TURN ON

(4) State 4: Mojo turns on with level set to the level you chose last manually, i.e. State 1/2

TURN OFF

TURN ON in LINE LEVEL MODE (push volume up+down)

(5) State 5: Mojo turns on in Line level mode (i.e. 3V output)

CHANGE VOLUME LEVEL DOWN e.g. 5 steps

(6) State 6: Mojo is now in the level you set it at (e.g. 5 steps down from 3V --> 2V output)

TURN OFF

TURN ON

(7) State 7: Mojo turns on with level set to the level you chose last manually, i.e. State 6!! 

It's that last example that messes people up and how I've had a sonic boom in my ears as well... Moral of the story, if you start up in line-out mode, adjust the level slightly and than reboot it will come back to that level. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #503 of 1,085
Hello,

I got my Mojo in Dec 2015 and use it as a USB DAC for my MBP retina 2015. Recently, I found that it got some hissing while playing the musics and will randomly silent for 1-2 secs. I checked the power light was green, and the musics files should be fine (I tried unplug the Mojo and listen the musics thru the phone out of my MBP, which is fine without any hissing or silent). Is there any way to fix this problem? It happens more and more frequently now and is really annoying.

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #504 of 1,085
I purchased the Mojo in May from Moon Audio.
In the last month or so I've been having connection issues(dropouts)when using the left headphone port. I've tested with all my gear and the results are all the same.
Before making this purchase I contacted Moon Audio with a few questions, and they were very helpful, and quick to respond.
In the last few weeks I've emailed them three times to make a claim under warranty, but I haven't received a reply back.
I have registered it on Chords site, and I believe the manual says to contact the retailer when a problem occurs...
Do I contact Chord directly, or just give Moon Audio some time(I know they are a small family business)?

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #505 of 1,085
  I purchased the Mojo in May from Moon Audio.
In the last month or so I've been having connection issues(dropouts)when using the left headphone port. I've tested with all my gear and the results are all the same.
Before making this purchase I contacted Moon Audio with a few questions, and they were very helpful, and quick to respond.
In the last few weeks I've emailed them three times to make a claim under warranty, but I haven't received a reply back.
I have registered it on Chords site, and I believe the manual says to contact the retailer when a problem occurs...
Do I contact Chord directly, or just give Moon Audio some time(I know they are a small family business)?

Thanks.

@Mojo ideas has posted that for any issues regarding reliability, owners should contact the retailer, and not mail their device to Chord directly.

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #506 of 1,085

@Mojo ideas has posted that for any issues regarding reliability, owners should contact the retailer, and not mail their device to Chord directly.

Yes, that's also what the manual states...
The trouble is Moon Audio are not responding to my emails. I've sent three messages in the past few weeks, and I'm not sure why there hasn't been a reply, as they've been very accommodating in the past.
Do I give Moon Audio some time? Do I email them a fourth time,(I really don't want to badger them)? 
Maybe they're thinking the Mojo has two headphone ports, so this shouldn't be considered a real problem, lol... It is though, the $600 I spent on this fantastic piece of gear is a lot of money to me, it was an investment!
I'm fairly new to this hobby, and I don't really know if it's normal practice for a company like Chord  not to deal directly with it's customers when complications arise, and leave the responsibility in the hands of the dealers...?

Thanks

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #507 of 1,085
The trouble is Moon Audio are not responding to my emails. I've sent three messages in the past few weeks, and I'm not sure why there hasn't been a reply, as they've been very accommodating in the past.
Do I give Moon Audio some time? Do I email them a fourth time,(I really don't want to badger them)? 
Maybe they're thinking the Mojo has two headphone ports, so this shouldn't be considered a real problem, lol... It is though, the $600 I spent on this fantastic piece of gear is a lot of money to me, it was an investment!
I'm fairly new to this hobby, and I don't really know if it's normal practice for a company like Chord  not to deal directly with it's customers when complications arise, and leave the responsibility in the hands of the dealers...?

Thanks

I have always found Moon Audio to be fair and responsive to their customers. If it were my Mojo, I would probably give them some time considering that CES was the beginning of this month and CANJAM NYC is less than a couple of weeks away. I can understand them being fairly busy with those plus lining up new products. It is not as if your Mojo was dead and not working. You still have the right headphone jack. You can try to call them to see if they are in and if they have gotten your email about the problem. Just my thoughts. I have had periods before where it took a few emails to get a response, but they always took care of me when they got back home.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #508 of 1,085

Thanks

Your contract of purchase is with the dealer from whom you bought your Mojo - the same applies to any purchase of any item from any dealer.
So legally you need to try and sort things out through your dealer - you have no purchase contract with Chord, so they are not trying to avoid their responsibilities.

You do have a warranty provided by Chord, but that is not the same as a contract of purchase. Chord are quite good at responding to issues raised on this thread, but really you should ask your dealer to contact Chord about any repairs that may be required.

This may sound like a strange requirement, but there can be problems if an owner mails their product back to Chord directly - not so long ago the courier failed to include all the customer ID details, so Chord received the mojo, but could not identify who the owner was, and it took a while to sort things out.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #509 of 1,085

I have always found Moon Audio to be fair and responsive to their customers. If it were my Mojo, I would probably give them some time considering that CES was the beginning of this month and CANJAM NYC is less than a couple of weeks away. I can understand them being fairly busy with those plus lining up new products. It is not as if your Mojo was dead and not working. You still have the right headphone jack. You can try to call them to see if they are in and if they have gotten your email about the problem. Just my thoughts. I have had periods before where it took a few emails to get a response, but they always took care of me when they got back home.

Hey Man, thanks for your reply. 
Yeah, them attending CES and the upcoming meet in NYC did cross my mind... 
I'll hold off on contacting them again, and just give them some time.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #510 of 1,085
  Your contract of purchase is with the dealer from whom you bought your Mojo - the same applies to any purchase of any item from any dealer.
So legally you need to try and sort things out through your dealer - you have no purchase contract with Chord, so they are not trying to avoid their responsibilities.

You do have a warranty provided by Chord, but that is not the same as a contract of purchase. Chord are quite good at responding to issues raised on this thread, but really you should ask your dealer to contact Chord about any repairs that may be required.

This may sound like a strange requirement, but there can be problems if an owner mails their product back to Chord directly - not so long ago the courier failed to include all the customer ID details, so Chord received the mojo, but could not identify who the owner was, and it took a while to sort things out.

I've dealt with a few audio companies directly(Trinity Audio Engineering, Dunu Topsound, Ibasso), that's the only reason I was asking, and I'm not accusing Chord of ducking out of their responsibilities.
I appreciate your time Man, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back