Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #25,276 of 42,765
Has anyone tried Mojo with a solid usb adapter, or as short a usb path from a PC or laptop as possible? Curious if this improved sound quality. Also curious about SQ improvements anyone's noticed by using high end usb cables. thanks

A few pages back someone tried different USB cables and found differences between them. But whether high end USB cables are better may be subjective since not always more expensive is better. This doesn't go for just USB cables but cables in general. They concluded that a cheap monoprice cable sounded the best.

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #25,278 of 42,765
  Ok thanks.  1686 pages makes going back through this thread looking for answers pretty much impossible.  Still interested in anyone who's used a  solid adapter.

Read post #3 because Chord advise against using solid adaptors.

We at chord looked at those adaptors but decided they were very likely to potentially put a lot of sheer force right into the most fragile part of to USB Connectors in our unit. this is why we made our adaptor substantially larger to accommodate tour points of connection into Mojo and a cupped end to ensure damaging forces are less likely to be transferred into any single USB socket. The tooling for this part is very nearly finished so it should be available soon,

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #25,280 of 42,765
sweet, so this is something they'll be selling in the near future?   I'm personally not worried about damaging the Mojo because I would construct from home materials the perfect stand/brace to make sure everything lined up perfectly without exerting pressure.  I don't care how it looks as I'm the only ever in my listening room and do weird **** like that all the time.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #25,283 of 42,765
  sweet, so this is something they'll be selling in the near future?   I'm personally not worried about damaging the Mojo because I would construct from home materials the perfect stand/brace to make sure everything lined up perfectly without exerting pressure.  I don't care how it looks as I'm the only ever in my listening room and do weird **** like that all the time.

If you had read post #3, you would have known that Chord have released the add-on module with the cable pack, which would save your precious time.

Here is the commercially-released version of the add-on module, that is available from Chord dealers now:

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #25,284 of 42,765
Ok.  I've tried to read the links on post 3 but they never work for me, just redirect me to the bottom of the page.  So this add on module is just for Apple folks?  I'm confused.  One side of it is the two micro male connectors, I get that, the other side appears to be a lighting female.  What I'm looking for is a connection between the mojo and a standard PC USB, but one as short as possible to increase SQ, if that wasn't clear.  I guess I'm still waiting on their solid adapter to come to market.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #25,285 of 42,765
  Ok.  I've tried to read the links on post 3 but they never work for me, just redirect me to the bottom of the page.  So this add on module is just for Apple folks?  I'm confused.  One side of it is the two micro male connectors, I get that, the other side appears to be a lighting female.  What I'm looking for is a connection between the mojo and a standard PC USB, but one as short as possible to increase SQ, if that wasn't clear.  I guess I'm still waiting on their solid adapter to come to market.

The add on module makes things much simpler for Apple users, because they have regularly suffered from incompatible/unreliable cables (ie the non-apple versions) - so the marketing has a bias towards the benefits for Apple Users.
However the module benefits non-Apple users as well, because USB cables can be connected as well.

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-mojo-accessory-pack.html

There will be no solid adapter. A key design aim of the add-on module was that the strain is removed from the sockets, and transferred via the outer case of the module. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #25,289 of 42,765
Die shrinks of the same architecture is not a design change. The architecture is the design. Every die shrink would yield different percentage based on how much lower you go. Or depending on where you start. Intel tick tock cycle would give you a good example of what to expect power wise on a die shrink, ticks are the die shrinks. Just make sure you comparing clock for clock.

Your interpretation differs from that of INCOSE.

Architecture is not the same as design. http://sebokwiki.org/wiki/Architecture_(glossary)

You should continue this discussion with @GRUMPYOLDGUY
  elsewhere, to avoid this thread getting blocked.

25000, post in this thread it will not get blocked and off topic happens and has happen 100 times in this thread. My original comment was simple to encourage the guy not to wait for a few years to buy a mojo. I don't have any desire continuing the topic. There is plenty of info on die shrinks that can be read online.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #25,290 of 42,765
hi,

I'm coming back to this pairing that I'm actually using too and that is commonly described as stable; 
Mine is sadly not. The connection is very unstable. music is interrupted. Particularly with HD tracks. I sometimes have very loud clicks and plops. 
I use a Penon Audio cable.
The bad connection is, I think, in the fiio side. 
What cable are you using ? 

but it looks good ...

Hi, I am sorry to hear that. I bought my cable from a cable maker named Dyson Audio. But the cable maker seems to be busy right now that he is not able to ship cables on time. Can you share a picture of your cable unplugged from the devices like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back