Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #25,306 of 42,782
I
if I had to buy this much costly headphones I would buy ether c. But I will buy a flagship headphone in future but for a college such a costly headphone is not safe

You wouldn't get much bass with Ether Cs. You can also consider the cheaper TH600/610, or buying used. Personally I can say that Mojo/TH900 combination is great.

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #25,308 of 42,782
ya but that's for later. I don't think I will buy such costly headphones for college

That's okay. The money is better spent on partying in college anyway.
wink_face.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #25,310 of 42,782
Over kill? Theres no such thing as over kill.

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #25,312 of 42,782
I would also like to include akg k7xx,akg k712 pro and fostex t50rp mk3 in my list
In reality, you have to try them. Either demo or buy them one at a time.

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #25,315 of 42,782
Hey guys can you help me a little bit. I might be buying a mojo and xduoo x10. I am confused between meze 99 classics,b&o h6 v2,oppo pm3 and audio quest Nighthawks. I want a detailed crisp and clear sound with good rumble in bass and good soundstage. Highs should not be harsh and fatiguing. I listen to almost all genres of songs and also play games. I might try them and then buy but still opinions will e good. Thank you

It is difficult to tell, which headphone you personally would prefer. All we can do is to help with our personal experience, and from the many personal experiences you might be able to form an idea whether you would like a recommended headphone or not.
 In my opinion Nighthawk is the best choice of this four, and not only because I personally like them very much. The original Nighthawk has just been discounted significantly, making it a bargain. (And the old stock will sell out quickly at this price.) I absolutely love Nighthawk with Mojo, but some people find it too warm and lack upper frequencies. I think, they could not be more wrong, but for the objectivity I had to mention it.
 Meze 99 seem to be a nice option too, many like this headphone, however I know forum members who prefer Nighthawk over the Meze, and the new Nighthawk price makes this decision easier IMO. I would choose Meze, in case you do not like Nighthawk sound signature.
 Nighthawk and Meze both will leak sound, and they are for home use.
 The PM3 and the B&O H6 are closed and portable, giving a different listening experience but more portability. IMO sound-wise they are not as good as the two other, but can be a good option on the go. H6 is on-ear, which design I hate. PM3 is planar which means the sound is clean and clear. Some people miss bass and liveliness with PM3 compared to other headphones in the price range. 
 If you need it for gaming too, I would not choose closed back. 
Your best option IMO is the discounted Nighthawk. Alternatively you would probably be happy with the Meze. I wouldn't recommend the H6 or the PM3, unless you want to go portable. Fidelio X2 might worth to check out. I think they are underrated and very good value for money. (Although be aware of possible production quality issues.)
 Fostex X00 has the best bass rumble I heard, but it is basically closed back, so again, not the best for gaming and for the natural sensation of spaciousness.
 I know, it is a bit boring to recommend the headphones I use, but for me they are just perfect (natural, organic sound with good bass, ear-friendly and natural treble, extreme comfort). I think, they are the best deal under £500 out there. And in the US you can get them for $350, until the old stock lasts. In fact, I think Nighthawk is a class above all the other options we mentioned here.

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #25,316 of 42,782
 It is difficult to tell, which headphone you personally would prefer. All we can do is to help with our personal experience, and from the many personal experiences you might be able to form an idea whether you would like a recommended headphone or not.

In my opinion Nighthawk is the best choice of this four, and not only because I personally like them very much. The original Nighthawk has just been discounted significantly, making it a bargain. (And the old stock will sell out quickly at this price.) I absolutely love Nighthawk with Mojo, but some people find it too warm and lack upper frequencies. I think, they could not be more wrong, but for the objectivity I had to mention it.

Meze 99 seem to be a nice option too, many like this headphone, however I know forum members who prefer Nighthawk over the Meze, and the new Nighthawk price makes this decision easier IMO. I would choose Meze, in case you do not like Nighthawk sound signature.

Nighthawk and Meze both will leak sound, and they are for home use.

The PM3 and the B&O H6 are closed and portable, giving a different listening experience but more portability. IMO sound-wise they are not as good as the two other, but can be a good option on the go. H6 is on-ear, which design I hate. PM3 is planar which means the sound is clean and clear. Some people miss bass and liveliness with PM3 compared to other headphones in the price range. 

If you need it for gaming too, I would not choose closed back. 

Your best option IMO is the discounted Nighthawk. Alternatively you would probably be happy with the Meze. I wouldn't recommend the H6 or the PM3, unless you want to go portable. Fidelio X2 might worth to check out. I think they are underrated and very good value for money. (Although be aware of possible production quality issues.)

Fostex X00 has the best bass rumble I heard, but it is basically closed back, so again, not the best for gaming and for the natural sensation of spaciousness.

I know, it is a bit boring to recommend the headphones I use, but for me they are just perfect (natural, organic sound with good bass, ear-friendly and natural treble, extreme comfort). I think, they are the best deal under £500 out there. And in the US you can get them for $350, until the old stock lasts. In fact, I think Nighthawk is a class above all the other options we mentioned here.

thanks i will try them

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #25,317 of 42,782
i want a balanced sound. Mids should be good,treble should be clear and not harsh.soundstage must be wide and have a good height and seperation should be clear and bass should also be there but not bloaty. I want a detailed,crisp clear sound with punchy bass. This is my preference. Will mojo be good for this

detailed crisp clear sound is more of a neutral sound. You want Hugo, not Mojo.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #25,319 of 42,782
IMO you also want the new Nightowls, not the Nighthawks.

I think what you are looking for is high-end solid state setup sound. Mojo and Nighthawks are more like good integrated tube/solid state sound that is high fidelity.

He said, TH900 and TH600 are out of his current budget. So I think, Hugo and Nightowls are also.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #25,320 of 42,782
1 surprising discovery about Android upsampling.
I just used my frnd's Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and played song on wynk (Like spotify in India), but the marble color was RED.
While playing through my Oneplus One, i get Blue color. So it seems xiaomi MIUI is not upsampling.

Awesome, i am going to buy this phone in next few days :D

EDIT : Redmi note 3 is running on android Lollypop now.
So i will use another frnd's Redmi 3s Prime which is running on Android 6. Is it's the same case i will buy the Redmi 3s Prime.

Both mobile support till 256 GB memory card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back