Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #25,337 of 42,788
T
that's because I thought headfi can help make me decision. I didn't know this is for people who are already in the audiophile group.
well after say 10 questions you have to start experiencing your choices.Going on many threads asking questions only goes so far.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #25,338 of 42,788
T
that's because I thought headfi can help make me decision. I didn't know this is for people who are already in the audiophile group.

The answers are usually already there with a bit of effort searching

But it's sometimes easier to keep asking questions

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #25,339 of 42,788
@GreenBow, even with j river using asio one can use the volume control of j river just like in foobar. in foobar you set the volume to 100% for bit perfect and then remove the volume bar from display setting. in j river you have to go deeper in preferences for digital volume control of j river. many people use j river digital volume control to their dac and feeding the output of dac directly to power amp. but in case of hugo, mojo and dave volume control is supposedly better than j river ( j river claims 64bit processing as far as I know ) so for best results keep volume control disabled in j river and 100% in foobar with chord mojo, hugo and dave . j river control may be effective with 2qute as 2qute does not have volume control.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #25,340 of 42,788
@GreenBow, even with j river using asio one can use the volume control of j river just like in foobar. in foobar you set the volume to 100% for bit perfect and then remove the volume bar from display setting. in j river you have to go deeper in preferences for digital volume control of j river. many people use j river digital volume control to their dac and feeding the output of dac directly to power amp. but in case of hugo, mojo and dave volume control is supposedly better than j river ( j river claims 64bit processing as far as I know ) so for best results keep volume control disabled in j river and 100% in foobar with chord mojo, hugo and dave . j river control may be effective with 2qute as 2qute does not have volume control.

Thank you. I will have a look for it. (It does open up capability to consider the 2Qute.)

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #25,342 of 42,788

I can't alter volume in JRiver, when using WASAPI or ASIO. (I kind of wish I could.)

Hmm because for me i can alter the volume in foobar and on mojo with wasapi event.

To my knowledge and experience, you can always alter the volume in foobar 2k, no matter whether you've enabled the correct drivers in the settings or not. Just leave it to full and you're good to go.

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #25,343 of 42,788
That's what you get with self entitlement and attitude :joy: eexpecting everything to be handed over in a plate but no effort to do any self research, which coincidently is all the fun in this hobby

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #25,345 of 42,788

I can't alter volume in JRiver, when using WASAPI or ASIO. (I kind of wish I could.)

Hmm because for me i can alter the volume in foobar and on mojo with wasapi event.

I just found the setting in JRiver to alter the volume when using bit perfect.

JRiver> Tools> Options> Volume > Set to Internal Volume. (Default is System Volume.)

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #25,346 of 42,788
That's what you get with self entitlement and attitude :joy: eexpecting everything to be handed over in a plate but no effort to do any self research, which coincidently is all the fun in this hobby

Incredibly ironic statements coming from people who "disagreed" with me three weeks ago for suggesting it doesn't take much effort to learn the science behind audio.

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #25,347 of 42,788
Incredibly ironic statements coming from people who "disagreed" with me three weeks ago for suggesting it doesn't take much effort to learn the science behind audio.

Sorry but I only need to learn about something that actually interests or effects me thankd

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #25,349 of 42,788
Never mind the fact that it does affect you, since it's beside the point... The guy you're telling to do his own research could say the same thing.
Come on now, lets get back on topic. Whos enjoying their Mojo?

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #25,350 of 42,788
Come on now, lets get back on topic. Whos enjoying their Mojo?

Me. Love what I hear.

I don't NEED to know the science behind it. A signal or data goes in one end and magically comes out the other in the form of a wonderful sound. Simples. A little magic box of tricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back