Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #25,291 of 42,765
A few pages back someone tried different USB cables and found differences between them. But whether high end USB cables are better may be subjective since not always more expensive is better. This doesn't go for just USB cables but cables in general. They concluded that a cheap monoprice cable sounded the best.

its all about the sheilding

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #25,292 of 42,765
I'm pretty sure it is not placebo.

I've had similar experiences like this before on other DACs. Don't really know why but different tranports affect the sound.

Now I'm curious if there are any differences in sound between digital inputs as well as which transport will sound the best for the Mojo. (Like maybe the S6 compared to a DAP with USB out)

the signature of TH600 complement 100% with this DAP(S6)+Mojo

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #25,295 of 42,765
My Lavricables Lightning to micro-USB cable stopped working on my Chord Mojo when I upgraded to iOS 10.1.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm kinda disappointed as it was working perfectly on iOS 9.x.

The Mojo is fine. With iOS 10.1.1, I've confirmed it works fine with an official Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter plus a generic USB-A to micro-USB cable.

(I've tried rebooting the iPhone and the Mojo many times to no avail. Even when the power button on the Mojo displays in red, the Mojo is not recognized by the iPhone 6 Plus. Using the Apple cable works.)

I've sent Lavricables a Facebook message/post. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sandiway

Same iPhone version. Same Lavricables. Same iOS. Same Mojo.
All works perfectly.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #25,296 of 42,765
If you had read post #3, you would have known that Chord have released the add-on module with the cable pack, which would save your precious time.

Here is the commercially-released version of the add-on module, that is available from Chord dealers now:

Oh yeah, they did.
When it was time for me to insert my CCK I eventually found out I had to do some homework in the way of using a file in order to make the plastic fantastic box's own male USB connecting with CCK female.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #25,297 of 42,765
I wonder if Mojo's performance can be further improved if you replaced Mojo's battery with super capacitors similar to Hugo TT's ? 
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #25,298 of 42,765
I wonder if Mojo's performance can be further improved if you replaced Mojo's battery with super capacitors similar to Hugo TT's ? :blink:

Mee too , there's shop out there whom offer to do these batt , super cap mods to the hugo @ 300++ usd . Sounding , performance wise not so sure as demo is not possible , as qit's a place 1600+ mile off from where i'm staying .

From hearsay from the others and the response so far , some prefer the mod over the stock , some don't , that's understandable , i believe its personal preference at play .

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #25,299 of 42,765
Oh yeah, they did.
When it was time for me to insert my CCK I eventually found out I had to do some homework in the way of using a file in order to make the plastic fantastic box's own male USB connecting with CCK female.

I'm now using a Mojo with CCK and Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB and love it. I've placed an order for a second Mojo for my girlfriend but am now trying to decide if it's better to buy Chord's USB adapter + CCK or to just replicate my set up. I was leaning towards trying the USB adapter but from this post am wondering if it might be problematic.

Does anyone have any good experience to offer with the adapter + CCK? Or has anyone compared their USB + CCK setup with the adapter + CCK?

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #25,300 of 42,765
Its great to be a girl, everything becomes free.:blush:

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #25,301 of 42,765
Hey guys can you help me a little bit. I might be buying a mojo and xduoo x10. I am confused between meze 99 classics,b&o h6 v2,oppo pm3 and audio quest Nighthawks. I want a detailed crisp and clear sound with good rumble in bass and good soundstage. Highs should not be harsh and fatiguing. I listen to almost all genres of songs and also play games. I might try them and then buy but still opinions will e good. Thank you

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #25,304 of 42,765
thanks but why not for other headphones?

I have no experience with the other headphones you mentioned. But for the sound signature you are looking for, I recommend Fostex TH900s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back