Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 10, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #12,931 of 42,765

Can anyone reccomend a suitable protective case for the Mojo?
dt880smile.png

Did you read the thread title..?

I found the threads about the strapped solution, but im after a tighter fit?

Really? These Dignis leather case links are also in that same section:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277896

http://iconosquare.com/p/1193350812811068504_1569715448

http://iconosquare.com/p/1195363820210947738_1569715448

However, please bear in mind that Chord will be releasing a plastic case of their own, for the Mojo, soon, and it should look quite similar to this protoype:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/3975#post_12053512

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #12,933 of 42,765
That's the first cable I bought when I received my Mojo.  In addition to it being very stiff,the connector was a little loose so I returned it and went with the Moon Audio cable ($115),  The Moon was cleaner sounding that the Cinnamons. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #12,934 of 42,765
Do we know what type of battery is inside the Mojo? If not, are we assume it's a Li-ion? It's an advanced lithium polymer.

If we are assuming it is a Li-ion then yes, there is benefit to leaving it charged past when the light goes out. It is well established that Li-ion batteries should be left to charge for extra time to be sure the battery is truly charged to its full capacity.

Again, this only applies for the very first charge you ever make on the device, and the moment you turn the power button "on", is there the battery's "memory" begins and any possible capacity remaining is effectively walled off. This does not necessarily apply to non Lithium Ion batteries.

If the Mojo does not use Li-ion batteries then you may disregard what I'm posting here, however, the fact that the designers of the Mojo say on the box "minimum 10 hours", it sounds to me like they're using Li-ion batteries and instructing people to do the first charge for the proper amount of time without getting overly technical, which is exactly what I'm doing right now.

So if you didn't wait 10+ hours before turning it on, or you used it while doing the initial charge, yes your Mojo still works fine and will continue to, but if you get 8 hours of use, maybe you would have gotten 9 if you had charged it 10+ hours before turning it on as instructed.

If the possibility of squeezing that extra little bit out of the battery isn't worth not being able use your Mojo within 10-12 hours of getting it, then by all means go ahead and use your Mojo soon as you get it. I personally would be bothered every day that maybe my battery wasn't as perfect as it could be so I'm doing the 10+ hours before powering up.

*deep breath*

Once again.... this is all just general discussion of proper battery conditioning techniques. Hopefully someone from Chord will pop in and say what kind of battery it uses for those of us who care. This is already way longer of a post than it needed to be :)

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #12,935 of 42,765
   It is well established that Li-ion batteries should be left to charge for extra time to be sure the battery is truly charged to its full capacity.

Again, this only applies for the very first charge you ever make on the device, and the moment you turn the power button "on", is there the battery's "memory" begins and any possible capacity remaining is effectively walled off. 

just legends.

1st, the charger stop charging the battery as soon as it's topped.
2nd, there is no memory.

so if I switch on my new phone without charging it first, the battery will top forever at 30/40 %? LOL

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #12,936 of 42,765

just legends.

1st, the charger stop charging the battery as soon as it's topped.
2nd, there is no memory.

so if I switch on my phone without charging it first, the battery will top forever at 30/40 %? LOL

That discussion has already been ended pages ago when it was re- established that the Mojo doesn't use a Li-ion battery.

Anyway like I said... if you did that with your phone it would work fine and you probably wouldn't notice, but if you did a proper full charge and then full discharge the first time, your battery might survive more cycles before dying, which probably happens many years down the line.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #12,937 of 42,765
Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
Bon Jovi on the Mojo is amazeballs. Listening to the Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Collection Album. So many tracks that I thought I was familiar with and Mojo just surprises me on each and every one. The synthesizer, the riffs, the bass guitar, the percussion. There's just so many details that appear and suddenly you find yourself thinking "Hey, I never noticed this track had this". Keep the faith, blaze of glory, bad medicine. 

Mojo is making me rediscover my music all over again. Pure eargasm.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #12,938 of 42,765
  That discussion has already been ended pages ago when it was re- established that the Mojo doesn't use a Li-ion battery.

Anyway like I said... if you did that with your phone it would work fine and you probably wouldn't notice, but if you did a proper full charge and then full discharge the first time, your battery might survive more cycles before dying, which probably happens many years down the line.

"full charge and full discharge to preserve it for the next 10 years"(questionable) is quite different from "overcharge to avoid memory effects"

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #12,940 of 42,765
  Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
Bon Jovi on the Mojo is amazeballs. Listening to the Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Collection Album. So many tracks that I thought I was familiar with and Mojo just surprises me on each and every one. The synthesizer, the riffs, the bass guitar, the percussion. There's just so many details that appear and suddenly you find yourself thinking "Hey, I never noticed this track had this". Keep the faith, blaze of glory, bad medicine. 

Mojo is making me rediscover my music all over again. Pure eargasm.

It is amazing, isn't it? :)
Even if you come from average budget DACs and amps and mid-fi headphones, MoJo is just mind-staggering. :)

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #12,942 of 42,765
  You might want to look into Sugru and make your own little bumpers for the Mojo, since there are no mass produced cases available.  I'm probably going to be doing this for my Mojo soon.

Did anyone try out SUGRU as bumper protection? I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread.

https://sugru.com/guides/how-to-make-bouncy-sugru-bumpers-for-your-phone

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #12,943 of 42,765
@hykhleif gave me a pointer that helped, I was noticing when EQ'ing up the bass on the Mojo it would cut out the rest of the mix instead of actually getting louder. He suggested to lower the EQ preamp by about -2dB. I've got mine set to -1.5dB and I can EQ bass as much as I want now and the whole mix is clear & detailed.

Just posting in case anyone else is trying to EQ up their bass and running into the same issue.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #12,944 of 42,765
  @hykhleif gave me a pointer that helped, I was noticing when EQ'ing up the bass on the Mojo it would cut out the rest of the mix instead of actually getting louder. He suggested to lower the EQ preamp by about -2dB. I've got mine set to -1.5dB and I can EQ bass as much as I want now and the whole mix is clear & detailed.

Just posting in case anyone else is trying to EQ up their bass and running into the same issue.

whenever this happens when u use eq it means you are clipping, so always lower preamp in that case

learned it from the master joe bloggs

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #12,945 of 42,765
  whenever this happens when u use eq it means you are clipping, so always lower preamp in that case

learned it from the master joe bloggs

Yup, makes perfect sense.

Interesting how Mojo deals with clipping. I've yet to hear it distort ever, and that's a first for me! I usually push EQ until it starts to distort, but the Mojo just deals with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back