Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 28, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #12,093 of 42,765
currently i am feeding mojo with my galaxy note 3 and ipad for spotify (320kbps)

would i get noticeable upgrade in SQ if i feed mojo with DP-X1? 

or should i just get another headphone :D

The note 3 is probably doing some up sampling which is hurting your sq into the Mojo. Running uapp would be better as it just send a the file to the Mojo. You already spent a lot on the Mojo, choose a source that lets it do its miracle work. Such as tidal through uapp.

Otherwise, headphone will almost always have the biggest impact on sq.

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #12,094 of 42,765
Can someone guess what this guy is doing? He is a famous analog cable designer in Japan I just do not get what he is doing?!
ah! I think I know this ... He is suffering from a rather rare obsessive compulsive disorder brought on by coming into contact with a rabbit virus his condition is called " mixingmescrewsis " it's harmless and has no effect on the function of the mojo other that the perpetrator seemingly having a screw loose .....

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #12,095 of 42,765
  Can someone guess what this guy is doing? He is a famous analog cable designer in Japan I just do not get what he is doing?!

Basically, he reckons that changing the tightness of the screws affects the vibration damping and thus the sound. 

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #12,096 of 42,765

Basically, he reckons that changing the tightness of the screws affects the vibration damping and thus the sound. 

Thanks for the clarification. I have been eyeing his Rosenkranz HP-RbBg for a while, he also sales this star stickers that suppose to counter vibration. I cannot say anything as he has a strong reputation but it does really make me question on the science behind his works. 
I wonder why he simply didnt stick one of his stickers on Mojo to fix the vibration damping.

Source
http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=28759

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #12,099 of 42,765
@audionewbi I just sit on my Mojo it avoids most the vibrations, enabling much tighter ass, I mean bass.

I think if I was to do that the overdamping might be an issue.....

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #12,100 of 42,765
It amuses me to think that someone thinks a headphone device needs vibration reduction assistance. Good grief. This hobby is so filled with BS.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #12,102 of 42,765
Rosenkranz is german and means rosary / crown of roses - well maybe there is some kind of praying involved for it to work.

Anyhow:

The MOJO has officially arrived in Dubai (and the whole UAE). I have just received an email from 

www.dubaiaudio.com

They are now stocking Chord products and have some attractive introductory offers. If you are in the Middle East, go and grab one FAST:

Chord MOJO:
Special introductory offer valid only in March!

I am finally getting one in a few days!

Cheers!

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #12,103 of 42,765
  Rosenkranz is german and means rosary / crown of roses - well maybe there is some kind of praying involved for it to work.

Anyhow:

The MOJO has officially arrived in Dubai (and the whole UAE). I have just received an email from 

www.dubaiaudio.com

They are now stocking Chord products and have some attractive introductory offers. If you are in the Middle East, go and grab one FAST:

Chord MOJO:
1900 AED - introductory offer valid only in March!

I am finally getting one in a few days!

Cheers!

For what its worth.......its actually cheaper to buy it from custom-cable in the UK and that is including shipping. They deduct the 20% VAT  at source coz it ships outside of the EU. My delivery only took 4 days. 

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #12,104 of 42,765
For what its worth.......its actually cheaper to buy it from custom-cable in the UK and that is including shipping. They deduct the 20% VAT  at source coz it ships outside of the EU. My delivery only took 4 days. 

Since chord now has an official distributor in the region that won't work anymore.

Cheers.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #12,105 of 42,765
Hello guys! New here but I've been a lurker since. :p

I would like to upgrade coming from Fiio E12. I have MS1i, SRH840, and W20 for in-ear. Is it worthy with my current setup?

Need some advice please.

TIA

Edit:

I use IP6 and Foobar2k in PC as source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back