Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #9,121 of 42,765
What, I can't hear any hiss at all...
Mojo + se846 + ak100mk2 / Xperia z1

Have you had your ears dewaxed recently - if not perhaps buy yourself a pet snake or 2. 
blink.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #9,122 of 42,765
Is it normal? the track plays (not paused) but gets "muted" (because Mojo's light turns off indicating no connection) whenever Note 5 is being charged via wireless fast charger, but resumes its normal operations quickly as soon as you took out the phone from it's charging state.

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro app, Note 5 connected to Mojo via USB.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #9,123 of 42,765
  Is it normal? the track plays (not paused) but gets "muted" (because Mojo's light turns off indicating no connection) whenever Note 5 is being charged via wireless fast charger, but resumes its normal operations quickly as soon as you took out the phone from it's charging state.

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro app, Note 5 connected to Mojo via USB.

Could be Samsung set of instructions for the phone, for example to shut down USB during charging or something of that nature

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #9,126 of 42,765
  Disappointing to hear that the Mojo presents hiss with highly sensitive IEMs like the Shure SE846.

I listen to cans and IEMs equally, and while I'm definitely loving this new golden age of positively microscopic DAC/amp solutions that sound huge, I'm confused as to why so many of them skew towards driving big cans rather than inky backgrounds for IEMs.

Bottom line, when I sit down to exercise my neck beneath a set of LCD3s, I don't need or want a DAC/amp with a credit-card sized footprint that delivers "95 percent of the sound" of a full size solution. I'm committing to wearing some large, heavy cans, I'll plug them into something large and heavy, and enjoy 100% of the sound. Who are these people traveling with heavy, power-hungry (read: usually open) cans that need tiny devices? Very few people, if any.

But there are literally a ton of audiophiles with high-end IEMs that would like a tiny device designed for IEMs, with an inky black background and zero hiss. I get that manufactures are impressed with themselves that they can get that much juice out of something so tiny, but that feature is really a niche feature without a niche. It would be much more useful to refine them for IEMs...

Haven't had any such issues with my Noble K10's. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #9,128 of 42,765

Although CES has now come to an end, we had a lot of fun. One of our top moments was when Graham Nash entered the room and listened to Mojo. His words were 'I was in the studio with Neil Young when he recorded this... Now I'm back in the room'.​
 ​
Stereophile covers this excellent moment with a dedicated article: http://www.stereophile.com/content/graham-nash-tries-out-audeze-el-8-headphones-and-chord-mojo#4LIvyd3bP0sspyI0.97​
 ​

What if the memory was.....

NEEEEIIIIILLLLLL GET IN TUUUUUNEE AND GET IN RHYTHM!!!!!!!!OMG I HATE YOU AND WANT TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND FOR THE LAST TIME STOP SAYING 'hey, hey, my, my' EVERY TIME I CORRECT YOUR LYRICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU FALL DOWN A WELL AND DROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #9,133 of 42,765

No hiss with my Mojo + SE846.  None, nada, zilch

I am listening to this combo right this very second and not an ounce of hiss.... AK120 with Sysconcepts optical cable > Mojo > SE846

As Rob Watts has commented previously, there is hiss present with the SE846 ... at a very low level (3uv or ~24dB as I recall).  Many people simply won't hear it, some people's hearing is more sensitive and will.  It's at an incredibly low level, but if your hearing is sensitive enough its there.

It's MUCH lower in level than, say, an RSA Intruder though.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #9,134 of 42,765

As Rob Watts has commented previously, there is hiss present with the SE846 ... at a very low level (3uv or ~24dB as I recall).  Many people simply won't hear it, some people's hearing is more sensitive and will.  It's at an incredibly low level, but if your hearing is sensitive enough its there.

This is why I was curious mostly compared to Hugo, because something similar was stated about Hugo by some people, and I could definitely hear the hiss with Hugo, though music sounded much cleaner and dynamic than on all DAC/AMPs compared to it. There still was some hiss, for me.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #9,135 of 42,765

The benefit to getting old I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back