Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 27, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #7,726 of 42,765
Can someone point me to a reasonably priced mini toslink cable to hook up my dx90 to my soon to be Mojo?

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #7,729 of 42,765
Can anyone confirm if this still works with the mojo?

http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #7,730 of 42,765
Dec 27, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #7,731 of 42,765
Not really saying it's the Mojo fault, but stating how it sounds to my ears.
I'm aware of the 6peak. Which is why I have the Dac 19 and LC to pair the HD800 with. 
But I was under the impression with many stating that the HD800 and Mojo pairs well.
The Mojo just high lights or reveals the weakness of the HD800. 

For portable use I agree is ok, but Mojo alone with the HD800 is not a dream pairing.

Thin and bright is a good description but isn't too bright or too thin.

I wouldn't recommend the Mojo without an amp for the HD800 same for the HD600.

BTW my HD800s are without the mod.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #7,733 of 42,765
For portable use I agree is ok, but Mojo alone with the HD800 is not a dream pairing.

Thin and bright is a good description but isn't too bright or too thin.

I wouldn't recommend the Mojo without an amp for the HD800 same for the HD600.

BTW my HD800s are without the mod.
there aren't many dream pairings with HD800. :) I hope that changes with HD800 S.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #7,734 of 42,765
  The Mojo with JH13pro (w/custom copper cable from plusSound which really emphasizes the mid bass) sounds overly warm, lush and mid bass heavy. In part I blame the cable
The Mojo with HD800 w/stock cable with anax mod sounds thin and bright (at least compared to Liquid Carbon and Audio gd dac 19). Was not expecting this. 
The Mojo with Grado GH1 (which is really warm by Grado standards) I also found thin and bright compared to Lyr 2 with Bimby). Was not expecting this also. 

Will try the Mojo with my B&K amp and B&W 705 speaker stereo system.

What do you think about the JH13/Mojo with stock or other cable? Have you tried any eq? 

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #7,735 of 42,765
For portable solution, I think it's good. But yeah doesn't really compete with some desktop amps for me. I think hd 800 is also picky with amps. Ultimately it does come down to preference as well.

From John F
Do you ever listen to live music say just a few people playing in a bar. Perhaps if close your eyes when the musicians are before you. You will still know precisely where they are in the room. Mojo is the only Dac that has the vast complexity in its electronics to really address the timing issues in the played back music. Other Dacs including nearly all desktop Dacs do not have anywhere near the processing power to address the timing ie the positional information of the musicians instruments. So the soundstage collapses and becomes wide and flat so the sound field has no depth. Sometimes when certain people get so used to having no depth to their music they don't like to get all this extra information about the depth and position they like to go back to what they are familiar with its a comfortable rut. I'd like you to try Mojo for longer weeks at least to give your brain time to get used to the the sound your now hearing and perhaps consciously listen for special cues giving in your music. Good luck and happy listening!

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #7,736 of 42,765
  Can anyone confirm if this still works with the mojo?

http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main

Yes it does

Interested in this. CCK does the trick, but a little cumbersome (well worth it though). Is there any way to get this webpage to English? I click the US flag in the upper right corner, but it stays in, er, a foreign language

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #7,737 of 42,765
mojo or the qp1r? anyone having both? which one would you choose if you can get only one?

I kept Mojo, but my gf prefered Qp1r, it has a more analogue sound, more pleasing somehow, to have both tho is unnecessary,Mojo meant that I can use dx80,Cowon and others,also its sound becomes addictive after a while imo. Thing is tho,however amazing Mojo is in the realm of Digital,its still only a very resolving high rez type of sound, folks like me that long for analogue days can keep dreaming..

On another note, when is that case coming???, it makes me very unhappy not to have any battery left after it switches itself on in the bag, these miracle light balls are far too easy to press by mistake and then before you know it...5,6 hours wait again..
Qp1r was much better in that respect, lasts well and offers similar level of performance if not better, things are not simple these days im afraid and decision is ultimately personal choice.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #7,739 of 42,765
From John F
Do you ever listen to live music say just a few people playing in a bar. Perhaps if close your eyes when the musicians are before you. You will still know precisely where they are in the room. Mojo is the only Dac that has the vast complexity in its electronics to really address the timing issues in the played back music. Other Dacs including nearly all desktop Dacs do not have anywhere near the processing power to address the timing ie the positional information of the musicians instruments. So the soundstage collapses and becomes wide and flat so the sound field has no depth. Sometimes when certain people get so used to having no depth to their music they don't like to get all this extra information about the depth and position they like to go back to what they are familiar with its a comfortable rut. I'd like you to try Mojo for longer weeks at least to give your brain time to get used to the the sound your now hearing and perhaps consciously listen for special cues giving in your music. Good luck and happy listening!

Just to let you know I bought the mojo so I can use it as a portable and at the office with my ie 800 only. I did not want to use it at all with my hd 800 seeing I like the pairing with the hdvd 800 and that was my home set up. But I definitely will try and listen longer with the hd 800 and see how it goes.

I still believe the mojo is one of the top product of the year, if not the best. Whenever I listen to the ie 800 and mojo combination, I always have that bliss/awe everytime the music is playing. The 30 year tech is really what this is all about and it shows.

I had a few of my friends (who are not audio enthusiasts) try it out with and without the mojo. They immediately said the difference is really noticeable and were suprised with it. This is what the chord team has set out to achieve. The difference is that great, that normal consumers can tell a difference. Hence, they deserve all the accolades and more for such a great product.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #7,740 of 42,765
I have both modded and re-cabled my HD800s. I don't think I could listen to them stock out of the Mojo, or even out of most of the rest of the gear I have here. I don't think that is the fault of the Mojo at all, as with the damping and re-cabling they sound sufficiently different that I can enjoy listening with them out of the Mojo now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back