Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #12,661 of 42,765
This has already been debated in this thread. I believe the conclusion we can to is that there must be some kind of data modulation occurring in the transport for him to hear differences. Or noisier sources, but that should be easy to pick out.

I used android smartphones, I phones, macs, Windows machines, all the androids used bit perfect same OTG cable, they sounded best to me over all other devices, but each device to me has sounded different on the same tracks I'm familiar with,

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #12,662 of 42,765
i remember it's full usb routing from otg, but sampling wise I'm not sure we can change that

I should also report that the $5.99 meenova cable from amazon is working great with mojo and s7 edge. UAPP is far superior to onkyo HF, having used uapp now for thr first time, I cant gi back to Onkyo.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #12,664 of 42,765
Guys, I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and have some questions:

1. Is there a way to open youtube audio in USB audio player pro?

2. Am I correct that there is no way to avoid the android upsampling when running apps like Bandcamp?

3. What should I select under the Android sample setting:

U can't change the Sample rate, everything will be converted to 192 KHz while playing through USB Audio out :frowning2:
I am using this way from last 2 months.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #12,668 of 42,765
If there's noise in the signal path it may come across as an edge to the sound, which some may say sounds more detailed but it's just noise altering the signal. In that sense optical may sound inferior, or have the upper hand depending on your sound preference. Rob has explained the effect in depth in the thread.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #12,669 of 42,765
I use mojo with fiiox3 2nd gen via coaxial and compared with USB via Android and USB via Windows. USB via Windows using chord asio in foobar is best but the difference is very very subtle. in fact the cheapest coaxial transport fiio x3 is doing extremely good job with mojo and stacks very well too. i use two small ferrite cores over small cable between mojo and fiio which does cleans up the sound and IMHO that way you don't need expensive transport with mojo.

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #12,671 of 42,765
I'm not buying the sound difference. I think it's ones mind looking for differences as is always the case in this hobby. It's like how people in the dx50 thread reckon the software changes the sound of the DAC and amp section.

Ive never heard a difference and my hearing is fine.

I think emi/RF could introduce noise and affect the sound but even then I think people are exaggerating that as I've been using my mojo with my nexus 6p and haven't had any issues and they're stacked back to back with no ferrite, stardust or pixie dust.

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #12,672 of 42,765
The aural memory is very short and easily confused...

The only (non foolproof) way I have of telling if adding or changing something in the chain changes something is if I pick up on something specific (let's argue, an instrument in the background) that I haven't heard so clearly before, and that could be due to either enhanced clarity or tone...

The benchmark for that is still the final track on Pink Floyds Division Bell, the bell that chimes, allegedly that bell plays continuously right the way through the track, I still have not heard that to be the case... Happy to be proven wrong though.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #12,673 of 42,765
Sorry for the noob question, but what cable do I need to connect my DX90 to the Mojo?  The DX90 has a 3.5mm coaxial out, so...what exactly is the description to look for?  3.5mm coaxial out to...toslink? or what?? Thanks for the help.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #12,674 of 42,765
3.5 to 3.5... You can do this with any standard cable, but ultimately best (for the purists out there) to get a 50ohm one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back