Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #12,647 of 42,765
Guys anyone pairing an iBasso dx50 with the mojo, I wanted to know comparison with ak100 with the mojo.

i think it will sound the same cause the player becomes a transport and all signals are managed by mojo itself

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #12,649 of 42,765
It will sound different, I've tested multiple devices with mojo, all sound different slightly

Assuming the device is sending out a pure signal it will be the same. If you hear differences between transports it is either a software modulation on the data before sending it to the Mojo or placebo.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #12,651 of 42,765
You need to say in your opinion.  I've tested it from several different sources and don't detect any difference.

This has already been debated in this thread. I believe the conclusion we can to is that there must be some kind of data modulation occurring in the transport for him to hear differences. Or noisier sources, but that should be easy to pick out.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #12,652 of 42,765

My Mojo is off while charging. As soon as it is plugged into the charger, the little LED under the charging micro usb port comes on as solid green. While I have not actually timed it charging, the light stays solid green for five to six hours and then goes out. When I turn it on, that little LED (under the charging port) stays off for a little less than two hours and then comes on solid green for the next five to six hours. It then goes to solid red for a little less than an hour when it starts flashing red.

Not really a problem for me, but very different that what was described here and in the user manual about charging.

Just wondering if it was only mine or if anyone else had a similar experience.

This may have been answered since it  is pretty hard to keep up with this forum and i haven't caught up on the next 50 or so post but It sounds to me like your Mojo has a defective charge LED.  the portion of it that shows white or blue is bad which is why you get green when charging and nothing for the first two hours when it should be blue.  I could be wrong but seems logical to me.  I would suggest sending it back for repair or replacement if ti bothers you.  It really should not affect performance but it is a defect.  Good Luck

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #12,653 of 42,765
This may have been answered since it  is pretty hard to keep up with this forum and i haven't caught up on the next 50 or so post but It sounds to me like your Mojo has a defective charge LED.  the portion of it that shows white or blue is bad which is why you get green when charging and nothing for the first two hours when it should be blue.  I could be wrong but seems logical to me.  I would suggest sending it back for repair or replacement if ti bothers you.  It really should not affect performance but it is a defect.  Good Luck

This. ^^

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #12,654 of 42,765
I know it's a package deal, and that it'd awsome all around but would you guys say thr DAC part of mojo is your favorite over the Amp part? Or vice versa?

As Rob has explained it's very hard to separate the two as the discrete analogue output is so transparent. What you are hearing from the output is more or less the output of the DAC.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #12,656 of 42,765
Originally Posted by Light - Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guys, if we have had a Mojo and are now looking for a step up in overall SQ for a portable dac/amp or even desktop - where do we go from here?

you would need to go desktop style and that would be the Dave imo, but its gonna cost you £8,000 or $11,400

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766517/chord-electronics-dave

Thats the thing about the mojo in the portable market it pretty much owns it right now, theres nothing better no matter the cost but there is "different"

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #12,658 of 42,765
Guys, I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and have some questions:

1. Is there a way to open youtube audio in USB audio player pro?

2. Am I correct that there is no way to avoid the android upsampling when running apps like Bandcamp?

3. What should I select under the Android sample setting:

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #12,659 of 42,765
Guys, I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and have some questions:

1. Is there a way to open youtube audio in USB audio player pro?

2. Am I correct that there is no way to avoid the android upsampling when running apps like Bandcamp?

3. What should I select under the Android sample setting:

i remember it's full usb routing from otg, but sampling wise I'm not sure we can change that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back