Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 8, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #12,691 of 42,765
Thanks for your answer! So in other words, its worth it even if its the same price as my headphones and i dont have tons of money laying around? :p

I would not waste your money on the Dragonfly, you could consider the LH Labs (older model) Geek Out 450 USB-DAC which is great bang for buck and blows the Dragonfly over to the shady side of the pond!
angry_face.gif
biggrin.gif

I got one on Amazon UK for £100 but the UI on mine is a bit of disaster but you learn to cope with it.   

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #12,692 of 42,765
How is the Mojo compared to Audioquest Dragonfly on a Sonus Faber pryma headphones? Im not an audiophile, just a girl that enjoys listening to music maybe a bit more than the masses...

Dragonfly is 1/5 of the price. The question is if its worth 5x the price for a "casual person"..
confused.gif

Hi there, I would get the mojo. It will be the last DAC you could ever need.

The mojo isn't just for audiophiles. Since you enjoy listening to music, that is what the Mojo does specifically.

If I could summarize in a few words it I would say it is very simple "the Chord Mojo brings music to life"

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #12,693 of 42,765
I summed the Mojo up in one word in my review....

”Veritas". Latin for truth and often associated with beauty. I feel it brings the truth out in the music and the rendering is simply beautiful.

I still feel this way. :)

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #12,694 of 42,765
The FiiO L-19 cable for connecting Apple lightning devices is available at Penon Audio.

http://penonaudio.com/FiiO-L19

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #12,696 of 42,765
I summed the Mojo up in one word in my review....

”Veritas". Latin for truth and often associated with beauty. I feel it brings the truth out in the music and the rendering is simply beautiful.

I still feel this way.
smily_headphones1.gif

What is your rest of the mojo chain.

Dual 200gb mSD cards - AK100 mk2 - Sysconcept optical cable - Mojo - Noble K10 / JH Angie / LCD-2 / LCD-XC / ETHER C (depending on my mood)

I also use on occasion the AK240, or FiiO X5, or MacbookPro as a source.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #12,697 of 42,765
The aural memory is very short and easily confused...

The only (non foolproof) way I have of telling if adding or changing something in the chain changes something is if I pick up on something specific (let's argue, an instrument in the background) that I haven't heard so clearly before, and that could be due to either enhanced clarity or tone...

The benchmark for that is still the final track on Pink Floyds Division Bell, the bell that chimes, allegedly that bell plays continuously right the way through the track, I still have not heard that to be the case... Happy to be proven wrong though.

Duncan,

I took up your challenge. I listened to "High Hopes" off the 2012 remaster of 'Division Bells' in FLAC 16/44.1. Even with the Mojo feeding my KSE1500, there are times during the song where I cannot hear the bell.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #12,698 of 42,765
Duncan,

I took up your challenge. I listened to "High Hopes" off the 2012 remaster of 'Division Bells'. Even with the Mojo feeding my KSE1500, there are times during the song where I cannot hear the bell.

Haha, I did the same and the bell stops at 2:55 and resumes at 3:48. Clearly there is no bell in that section. The rest of the song it's, well, clear as a bell. :)

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #12,701 of 42,765

Big time. When I tried a Mojo before buying, I just used my phones stock music player. I was underwhelmed.
When I installed UAPP so each track had the correct sample rate, I could see what the fuss was all about and bought the Mojo on the spot!

Damn, is UAPP the only way to get satisfying audio out of the Mojo from an Android?
I like Onkyo HF Player a lot and I bought a device I made sure was rootable so I could use Viper4Android
I don't know if V4A supports locking sample rates though. I did a quick google the other day and didn't find out.

I imagine on my PC i might just leave my 0404 USB setup and use the optical out from that.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #12,702 of 42,765
Duncan,

I took up your challenge. I listened to "High Hopes" off the 2012 remaster of 'Division Bells' in FLAC 16/44.1. Even with the Mojo feeding my KSE1500, there are times during the song where I cannot hear the bell.

Haha, I tried the same thing with my T1+Mojo and just gave up in the end; put on my "life's too short" list

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #12,703 of 42,765
Damn, is UAPP the only way to get satisfying audio out of the Mojo from an Android?
I like Onkyo HF Player a lot and I bought a device I made sure was rootable so I could use Viper4Android
I don't know if V4A supports locking sample rates though. I did a quick google the other day and didn't find out.

I imagine on my PC i might just leave my 0404 USB setup and use the optical out from that.

I've used a couple dac+amp, and the uapp is the only software that fully supports the correct format

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #12,705 of 42,765
Dual 200gb mSD cards - AK100 mk2 - Sysconcept optical cable - Mojo - Noble K10 / JH Angie / LCD-2 / LCD-XC / ETHER C (depending on my mood)

I also use on occasion the AK240, or FiiO X5, or MacbookPro as a source.

The Fiio x5, was it any worse than the ak100 ?

Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back