Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #10,082 of 42,765
  Hello:  I charged my MOJO FOR 15 hours after I bought it. Put it in the Box. Took it to the job and was playing it and it ran out of juice after 30 minutes??

How did you charge it?  what did you use to charge it with?  I know that Chord is specifically saying to make sure its charging with a 1 amp USB adaptor.   The reason I am asking is because I used my iPad 12 watt power adaptor to charge it  but double checked the charge by connecting it to my iMac to make sure it actually charged.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #10,084 of 42,765
OleWhiskey, I was having those type of issues with my 6+ when using the supplied cable that came with the mojo, I replaced that cable, and not one issue since, and believe me, I've tried to make it fault, but nothing.

I did use other USB cables, even the ones that came with the m9xx DAC/AMP that has the Ferrite shield on the cable to see if that might help but still no luck.  Not sure what it could be.  

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #10,085 of 42,765

Yes, I actually tested this to make sure I was making a solid connection.  So after a couple of hours troubleshooting with different headphones, different input devices,  different audio apps.  It seem the iPhone 6 plus is the issue here.  My iPad and iPod touch I use for testing is clear. 

I tested the iPhone further with my O2+ODAC and m9xx and these render no static or crackling.  So there seems to be an issue with the communication between the iPhone and the Mojo.  I looking further into the .ipsw of the iOS to see if that makes a difference as well

I am also going to test two other iPhone 5's to make sure its not just an iPhone issue as well.

I use iphone5 as well, I believe the crackling has something to do with the latest version of ios.  Try using onkyo HF player and set the options to transmit bit-perfect and see what happens.  I believe this has come up recently in the thread (like last 20 pages) so you may be able to search or look backward but again I believe it's the latest version of ios.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #10,086 of 42,765

I did use other USB cables, even the ones that came with the m9xx DAC/AMP that has the Ferrite shield on the cable to see if that might help but still no luck.  Not sure what it could be.  

Crackling should be distinct from RF/EMI interference in sound, to me RF/EMI is very identifiable.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #10,087 of 42,765
Hello:  I charged my MOJO FOR 15 hours after I bought it. Put it in the Box. Took it to the job and was playing it and it ran out of juice after 30 minutes??

As others have stated, it is important how you charge it. Plugging it into a computers USB usually doesn't give it enough power. Same with a lot of cheap power cubes (iPhone charger knock offs). Use a good iPad sized charger or something like the Anker PowerPort 2. Also make sure when charging the white light near the plug stays lit and doesn't flash on and off. Cheers

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #10,088 of 42,765
Well today I finally heard what I think is the buzzing or hissing everyone is talking about.  It occurs when the mojo is OFF(all lights off) and charging.  Very strange, if I put my hand on the mojo while it's making the buzzing/hissing the mojo will be silent again. My hand absorbs it. 

When the mojo is turned on and goes through it's pretty color show the buzzing is happening but then it STOPS immediately and goes black ink silent when the color show has commenced and only the two volume lights are on. 

Interesting and not a problem for me at all since it doesn't exist when music is playing or the unit is just on and idle.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #10,089 of 42,765
  Well today I finally heard what I think is the buzzing or hissing everyone is talking about.  It occurs when the mojo is OFF(all lights off) and charging.  Very strange, if I put my hand on the mojo while it's making the buzzing/hissing the mojo will be silent again. My hand absorbs it. 

When the mojo is turned on and goes through it's pretty color show the buzzing is happening but then it STOPS immediately and goes black ink silent when the color show has commenced and only the two volume lights are on. 

Interesting and not a problem for me at all since it doesn't exist when music is playing or the unit is just on and idle.

thats because the casing is made of Aluminum and there is a slight current absorbed by the casing.   If you have a mac and its plugged in , even and iMac.  if you brush your hands across the surface  you will feel the current through the casing.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #10,092 of 42,765
As others have stated, it is important how you charge it. Plugging it into a computers USB usually doesn't give it enough power. Same with a lot of cheap power cubes (iPhone charger knock offs). Use a good iPad sized charger or something like the Anker PowerPort 2. Also make sure when charging the white light near the plug stays lit and doesn't flash on and off. Cheers

hmmm it does flash on and off? So I will stop at BEST BUY and get a ANKER POWERPORT 2. Thanks

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #10,094 of 42,765
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #10,095 of 42,765
Rats. Today I stopped into the Needle Doctor today  to buy some RCA cables. (I live in Minnesota near their main office) I asked them if they were ever going to start selling Chord. "Chord, who's that?" the person I asked said. "I'm looking for a Mojo". "Oh, we have one of those, here it is". I walked in with my Shure 846's plugged into my Fiio X3 (I left the X5 and amp stack at home). My personal favorite human being of all time, Ken Bowers who works at Needle Doctor had already charged it up and it was ready to go. I had been listening to the X3 with the bass boost up a notch or two so when I switched the the Mojo it seemed a tad bright and frail sounding. But the soundstage was something new and the instruments had MORE stuff to them than I am used to. So I bought their only one. Now they have no Mojo. I downloaded the windows driver and now I am listening to it via USB. With my 846's  It seems  REALLY, REALLY, REALLY  BRIGHT sounding. I hope it warms up with use. How do you do tone adjustments with this thing? (I know, read post three) Oh wait, turn it down a bit, there.

Anyway, I thought I could avoid it, but now I have a Mojo. Fun.

(It sounds like Needle Doctor will soon be another source for people in the USA)

Just for kicks I am listening to a 24/96 recording I have from a band called The Doors. The song is called L.A. Woman. Odd that that would pop up during random play.

**Update: It really was a not very pleasant first hour, but three hours later it seems whatever was bugging me either damaged my ability to discern  it or this little guy does warm up. I think because it is so clean I may have been listening at too high a level for my old ears. The more I listen, the more I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back