1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664
666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George

USB DAC data is not bit perfect by any stretch of imagination with most DACs. It tries to be bit perfect, but if it fails to be, it is not corrected at any point. Though again, there should not be any ground and sky differences.

[EDIT::: It seems that Mojo is different though] 

2. Rob Watts
    That is not the case with Chord's windows drivers. If faulty data is sent through, then the DAC requests a repeat, and so ensures perfect data transfer.

It is possible with all other OS; but having said that, the data failure rate is very low (otherwise DoP would not work).

The USB connection making a difference to the sound is not data related - its down to RF and correlated noise (not jitter as this is completely removed too) - take a look at my previous posts if you are interested. 

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    onsionsi and Oni-Wan Kenobi like this.
  3. Dobrescu George
    Wow!

Thanks. I will go to take a listen to Mojo, before deciding what path I will take, I found out where I can demo one in Bucharest. 

I was actually pretty interested in developing a driver for USB DACs tha would verify data streamed, thanks for doing that. 

It seems that my interest in mojo is sparked more and more.

4. stefanolandesca
    How do these fare against the cayin c5d and jdslabs c5d?

For listening to progressive metal.

5. masterpfa
    Very true on my 3rd trial with a 3rd email address
    Like it as much as I do finding hard to justify £20 a month. Currently on my Crowd Funded Exchobox promotion which included 3 months free alas was too late to claim one of the 6 month free trials. 
    Silly as it may sound may I may just give it a try for a little bit longer, but I must admit usually use Tidal mostly for finding new music. For the tracks I can't find on Tidal I seem to resort back to HD tracks etc. and 24 bit or DSD files.

6. jlbrach
    SETUP B (Spotify Premium > Macbook Pro Late 2015 > Chord USB > Mojo > 1964 V6 Stage = Fun & Detai)

- Instrument details were much clearer. No effort needed to pin point every instruments
    - Bass & lows hits less harder but > quantity versus setup above (noticeable in Lana Del Ray Young & Beautiful opening where there is a slow rumble)
    - Vocal is more forward where instruments were more located "behind", "left" & "right" for the lack of better description.
    - Entire spectrum is more dynamic & fun

To each his own obviously but for the life of me I do not understand why somebody would pay tons of money for DAC's and AMP's and Headphones etc and then listen to it on spotify and MP3's...I get it when a person is on the go and has a pair of inexpensive earbuds perhaps but for serious listening?....I have a spotify account that i use on my computer when I want to sample an album before buying it and just get an idea whether or not I like the style of music etc.....again,to each his own i guess

spook76 and headmanPL like this.
  7. rwelles

I have the same issue with my Mojo. It was especially problematic with the Lavricable. (Konstantin was wonderful! He swapped out my cable after a few questions. He tried the original cable back on his Hugo, and it worked fine.)

Additionally, the usb data port is crooked (same as the image posted earlier). This could be an issue when the add-on modules are available.

I called my dealer (Moon-Audio) about replacing my unit. He sounded very skeptical that my Mojo was defective. He said a few have been returned to him for bad data connections, but he always found the problem was "with the cheap Japanese cables" not with the Mojo.

I had problems with 4 different usb cables, so I highly doubt all the cables were bad. Especially since the Lavricable tested fine!!

My unit is still in route to Moon-Audio, got caught up in the weekend blizzard, so I'm still waiting to hear from them after they receive my unit.

fluidz likes this.
  8. fluidz
    Does anybody else have issues when nudging the micro cable up or down or is it only a minority?

Has anybody tried doing what I did in the video to find the connection isn't breaking and all is ok?

I've noticed a couple of my micro usb cables wobble and don't firmly lock on.

This is for both micro usb sockets (power and data)

This may prove problematic down the line..

9. stevemiddie
    No problems with mine and it was one of the early units.

10. masterpfa
    My combination of choice when using my ANdroid devices with Mojo

Works great with Tidal too and great support from the dev here

11. masterpfa
    Currently Echobox Finder X1, a great pair of IEMS that have relegated my Shure SE535 (come to think of it my Grados and HD88's too) to the sub's bench.
    Mojo and Finder X1 great combination

12. Skampmeister
    I bought this cable for mine, I can wriggle the schitt out of it and not issues whatsoever.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/accessories/belkin/belkin-mixitup-metallic-micro-usb-to-usb-cable-black/758765/

13. Ike1985
    I wonder if this is possible, to charge the phones while sending data to mojo simultaneously from a single lightning port:

1.jpg

14. heliuscc

Me too, odd how he delivers some and scams others. Warning: @derGabe can lighten your PayPal account.

15. CareyPrice31
    What are case options for Mojo and when are they coming out?

First

Back
655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664
666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675
Next

Last