Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 25, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #9,932 of 42,765
Wow, this thread is very active!

I'm considering upgrading to a Mojo from the Oppo HA-2 so I can drive more demanding headphones. The thing I love about the Oppo is that it works *flawlessly* with my Galaxy S4 that I use as an Android transport.

Does the Mojo mostly play nicely with newer Android devices as the Oppo does?

I just started using USB Audio Player Pro to stream Tidal.

I just don't want to upgrade if I'm going to have connectivity issues.

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #9,934 of 42,765
Wow, this thread is very active!

I'm considering upgrading to a Mojo from the Oppo HA-2 so I can drive more demanding headphones. The thing I love about the Oppo is that it works *flawlessly* with my Galaxy S4 that I use as an Android transport.

Does the Mojo mostly play nicely with newer Android devices as the Oppo does?

I just started using USB Audio Player Pro to stream Tidal.

I just don't want to upgrade if I'm going to have connectivity issues.

Thanks!

I have the S4, and S5. Mojo works fine with both with tidal via UAPP. I needed to tweak buffer settings in UAPP to eliminate some odd clicks.  I would love to see UAPP access offline content too. It would make me use Tidal much more, but that's a software desire, shall we say?

There is a bit of interference when connected via cell network also, eliminated by going offline and all but gone via Wifi.

Getting an S6 EDGE+ today in the post hopefully (contract renewal), and will test on there as well!

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #9,936 of 42,765
Sound quality update:

I'm relating more and more to the Mojo sound. It gives a very pure sound, and there're textures within textures, which takes the listening experience to a whole new level. I don't know about you lot, but I just feel much closer to the meaning of the music, the vibe which was there during the recording session, be it live or in the studio. The emotion of the moment is delivered far better than with any other set up i've heard. Well, thinking about it, it's a whole new experience for me, I don't think I've ever had that before, other than at a live gig itself.

I was just outside listening to Lucinda William's Fillmore Concert and there's a track called Out Of Touch, and I was just so connected to the moment, it was totally surreal. PRAT elements are just amazing. So often the bass and drum elements of a track will grip me completely so I'm bopping around or jabbing my arms around in a frenzy. Must look a bit of a fool!

Great stuff!

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,937 of 42,765
Sound quality update:

I'm relating more and more to the Mojo sound. It gives a very pure sound, and there're textures within textures, which takes the listening experience to a whole new level. I don't know about you lot, but I just feel much closer to the meaning of the music, the vibe which was there during the recording session, be it live or in the studio. The emotion of the moment is delivered far better than with any other set up i've heard. Well, thinking about it, it's a whole new experience for me, I don't think I've ever had that before, other than at a live gig itself.

I was just outside listening to Lucinda William's Fillmore Concert and there's a track called Out Of Touch, and I was just so connected to the moment, it was totally surreal. PRAT elements are just amazing. So often the bass and drum elements of a track will grip me completely so I'm bopping around or jabbing my arms around in a frenzy. Must look a bit of a fool!

Great stuff!

I feel that mojo has a nice musical and at times emotional sound, I too rely my system around this, it's amazing, I just
Hope it lasts a few years? You guys think so?

Also.. What iems you using?

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #9,938 of 42,765
I feel that mojo has a nice musical and at times emotional sound, I too rely my system around this, it's amazing, I just
Hope it lasts a few years? You guys think so?

Also.. What iems you using?

Yeah! Lets hope it lasts. But, think on this... this is the first iteration, and Rob's refining all the time, my guess is that the Mojo II or whatever it may be, will be even better! And of course, any game changer will set the precedent for all other manufacturers to follow. Good times!

Ref IEM's am using K3003 AKG's which are truly wonderful with Mojo. I find them a very synergistic pairing. Also have the T1's for over-ear headphones, and these put more distance between me and the soundstage, and they are definitely smoother with more varied music, but there's a magic to the connection experienced with the K3003's for the right music which is , well... magic!! The T1's are great at making all things sound great however!

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #9,939 of 42,765
While demo'ing the Mojo, I had this happen to me: when connecting the Mojo to an AK100 via an optical connection, the power ball colour changes based on the frequency of the source sample rate. However when I plugged my smartphone via OTG (using the Onkyo HF Player) and played the same songs, the power ball remained in blue.

Has this happened to anyone? Does it really mean it is sampling at 176kHz or 192kHz?

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #9,940 of 42,765
About charging, when using iPhone charger, my mojo consistently took 6 hours from zero to full and 5.5 hours from red to full. Before returning it I want to make sure this is not normal since chord says 4 hours to full charge. Can anyone confirm?
Yes it's possible that charging can take longer than four hours we state that the units first charge should be left charging for ten hours. Though four to five hours is more usual six hours is not a problem. Note there are several competitive products that take twenty four hours to charge so in comparison mojo charges pretty quickly really.

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #9,942 of 42,765
While demo'ing the Mojo, I had this happen to me: when connecting the Mojo to an AK100 via an optical connection, the power ball colour changes based on the frequency of the source sample rate. However when I plugged my smartphone via OTG (using the Onkyo HF Player) and played the same songs, the power ball remained in blue.

Has this happened to anyone? Does it really mean it is sampling at 176kHz or 192kHz?

The Onkyo might be up sampling everything to 176 or 192, depending on what shade of blue you have.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #9,943 of 42,765
  Sound quality update:

Great stuff!

If no one can see us then we can't look like a PRAT
blink.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #9,944 of 42,765
  Sound quality update:

Great stuff!

Great to read this, glad you have found your musical Mojo!

Audiophiles often forget - its the enjoyment of music that is the most important, the sound quality is secondary - and its easy to fool yourself that a bright up front sound is better - but your lizard brain, the part that kicks off endorphins and makes your spine tingle - that can't be fooled, it knows musical sounds for sure.

Happy listening! Rob

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #9,945 of 42,765
  Great to read this, glad you have found your musical Mojo!

Audiophiles often forget - its the enjoyment of music that is the most important, the sound quality is secondary - and its easy to fool yourself that a bright up front sound is better - but your lizard brain, the part that kicks off endorphins and makes your spine tingle - that can't be fooled, it knows musical sounds for sure.

Happy listening! Rob

yep, thanks Rob. For creating such a marvel and for your comments.

I gave up A-B listening years ago. Like you say, it's a primordial thing, the actual enjoyment of music, not specifics of SQ (ironic that my post is about "Sound Quality", lol). It's an ephemeral thing which just slips away when you start listening for differences (or it does for me), as the passion, the emotive connection, is gone as soon as you step down that road, like a lost dream.

I'm move to tears so frequently when listening now it's pretty embarrassing, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back